PDA

View Full Version : Asus K50IN

Raykim
December 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hi!
I was just wondering if it would be possible to tweak CPU on Asus K50IN laptop.
Is it safe? Would it work for long terms or just for an hour or less, is it realy worth it? What program would you advice?

Only problem for me is my processor.

Spec:http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/107/capturegks.png

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz T6500
nVidia GeForce G102M 500MB Cuda system
4GB DDR2 RAM
500GB HDD
+additional cooling stand
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4188BzB0QkL.jpg

Temperature of cpu is around 25-45°C when surfing web or just afk, when playing CoD4 around 50-70°C.
For screens of temperature please say and I'll post.

Kinda off topic:
At the moment I have Windows 7 Professional 32bit version. Would it be possible to install Win7 Ultimate 64bit version? It also finds 4GB of RAM but sais only 3.5GB usable. Why is that? :idk:

Cheers!

KiiboodoOni
December 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
the reason why only 3.5gb is because a part of your system is shearing some ram and has dedicated it for its use. in laptop its usually the graphics card that has the ram dedicated. As for your overclocking question its a matter of having the right processor to oc in most cases the cpu is already tuned to its safest limits and oc can damage parts of your pc including mounts and heat-sinks. With research you may find the safest way to oc and maybe find out if anyone has damaged their system my suggestion would be to see what youtube has on you pc and what people have done to theirs.

P.S.
Happy New Year!!!! :party2:

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2010, 02:54 AM
If you want to make use of all your memory then you will need to install x64, as far as Overclocking goes I would not want to do it on a laptop, I have had mine overclocked to 3.8Ghz from 3.16 since I put it in but I also have a proper tower with good ventilation and a water cooled CPU, if you want to overclcok then you would usually require more efficient ways to cool your CPU, my CPU usually sits around 28-36°C when surfing and about 45-55°C when playing games.

Raykim
December 29th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Hi!

Most peoples said it's not safe so I guess thats true. It would still be fun to try it and see what happens :greedy:

Thanks for replys.

:glug: Happy new year 2011!!!