PDA

View Full Version : eXtra Buttons

razorsedge
December 29th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Homepage: http://www.xtrabuttons.com/

eXtra Buttons is a program that adds a set of rather useful buttons to your explorer windows, browser windows and most other open program windows.

This nifty freeware gives you up to 9 assorted configurable buttons to keep the desktop and windows organized. The set of buttons can be redefined at any moment.

eXtra Buttons adds the following set of additional buttons:

* Always on top
* Send to background
* Start a copy of the application in a new window
* Roll-up/Unroll windows to the title bar
* Minimize to Box on Desktop
* Set Transparency
* Configure transparency
* Minimize to Tray and place its icon in Notification area
* Minimize windows and place its icon in Notification area Menu

In case you do not want any application to display these extra buttons, you can add the application to its blacklist.

http://www.xtrabuttons.com/files/eXtraButtons.exe

gor17981
December 29th, 2010, 11:45 AM
This looks interesting, Nice find and Thanks for sharing :cool:

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Installed it but it doesn't seem to work for me, or I am just not doing it right.

Mr GRiM
December 29th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Actually it is working but not on explorer windows

razorsedge
December 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hey Grimmer :)

eXtra Buttons is completely built into system

You won't spot any look and feel difference with standard buttons while using eXtra Buttons. And because they are using native Windows' system functions, they will always appear according to your desktop theme.

I highlighted a part for u there and there is this in the comments : it supports all Windows 7 themes: Aero, Basic, Blue, Silver, Classic

so it's possible that this only works fully with certain themes .

If thats the case they should fix that but try it with one of the aero themes might just be restricted to those 5 themes :)

HaCkthEplAneT
December 31st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks Razor, nice share...works good with my browsers [chrome & FF] but no luck with explorer. Using Mr. Grim's Poison theme, 64 bit.