PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Windows 7 laptops of 2010 for home use

razorsedge
January 5th, 2011, 01:19 AM
With the power of Windows 7 PC manufacturer’s released some amazing laptops this year. They have super power of Intel processors and have nice memory chips in them. These are top 10 of my personal favorite Windows 7 laptops of 2010.

The laptops included in this list are based on hardware specs looks and pricing.

1. Toshiba Qosmio: The fully stylish designed Toshiba s Qosmio packed with power of Intel Core i5-520M processor and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit makes it best buy Windows 7 laptop according to me. Tech specs includes 4GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM expandable to 8GB DDR3, 500GB (SATA) with 3D Motion Sensor HDD, 2 x USB 2.0 1 x USB/e-SATA combo port (Sleep and Charge), RGB, HDMI-CEC, External Mic (stereo), External Headphone (stereo), Multi-Card Reader, 7 Control Button Easy Multimedia Bar and many more.

[attachment=9:2g0wivab]qsuimo.png[/attachment:2g0wivab]

2. Lenovo Ideapad Y series: Attention all available mobile entertainment-seekers. Here s your chance to get your hands on seriously-fun laptops. Prepare to fall hard for stunning displays, surprisingly crisp audio (especially for a laptop), multimedia-focused features and the speediest processing available. Power of Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors and 1GB Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 makes it powerful high performance multimedia machine.

[attachment=8:2g0wivab]Yseries_1L-400x202.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

3. Sony Vaio E Series VPCEA36FG: VAIO E Series is equipped with a 14 (35.6 cm), 16:9 Real Wide display. The ATI Mobility Radeon GPU assures high-resolution video gaming. The Glossy transparent finish overlaying a dot gradation provides a fresh and vivid image. With power of Intel Core i5-560M Processor 2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA: 1366×768) VAIO Display, LED backlight and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics makes it a perfect product to buy.

[attachment=7:2g0wivab]sony-viao-400x289.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

4. Toshiba Satellite L650: The Toshiba Satellite L650 series of laptops are simple, elegant and designed for work, play and to do everyday tasks. Power packed with Intel Core i3 and i5 processors and Windows 7 Home Premium edition with 4 GB RAM, 320GB/500 GB HDD and all other essentials makes it simply good consideration to buy.

[attachment=6:2g0wivab]toshiba-l650.png[/attachment:2g0wivab]

5. Dell XPS 14: Movies, games, music and web chat come to life with leading edge graphics, 3D capabilities, HD video chat and sound that can fill a room. Leading edge NVIDIA performance graphics bring your media to life and High-fidelity JBL speakers with Waves MaxxAudio for amazing sound experience and it is the first Skype certified laptop for video chat with HD webcam and it have integrated NVIDIA 3DTV Play software to experience 3D videos on your laptop.

[attachment=5:2g0wivab]dell-400x267.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

6. Dell Inspiron M501R: Tackle daily tasks in style with the newly updated Inspiron M501Rs latest features and technology. It have a newly designed 15.6 widescreen HD display, powered by AMD PhenomTM II Quad-Core processors and available with premium brushed finish and vibrant colors options. It is something which is best for starters and perfect to be your first laptop.

[attachment=4:2g0wivab]29-Dec-10-2-31-38-AM-400x324.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

7. Gateway NV59C-1GB: Be the envy of others on your next crosstown jaunt with the 15.6 Gateway NV59C-1GB Series Notebook. Boasting superb design refinements and a larger screen, our NV59C-1GB models—in black and red—are powered by Genuine Windows 7 Starter and a powerful 2.40GHz Intel Core i5-450M Processor. Ready for your trendsetting lifestyle, this lightweight laptop offers new-generation wireless to keep you connected. Top technologies like a multigesture touchpad, cutting-edge DDR3 memory and NVIDIA GeForce graphics with 1GB of dedicated VRAM provide you with optimized performance. Outfitted throughout to meet your needs, the 15.6 Gateway NV59C-1GB Series Notebook is technology you’ll love possessing. Something perfectly packed and ready to use without any clutter, Gateway laptops are just best.

[attachment=3:2g0wivab]NV59C-1GB_detail.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

8. Acer Aspire 4745: The 14 Aspire 4745 graces you with outstanding performance and high-definition entertainment wherever you go, thanks to an Intel Core processor along with impressive high-definition graphics. Ample connectivity is also featured so you can stay closely connected with friends and family. To top it off, this notebook’s slender, cool-looking design is easy to carry and will surely attract admiring eyes. You will love it.

[attachment=2:2g0wivab]JV41-CP-07.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

9. HP Envy 14-1000: Stand above the rest with HP Envy Notebook PCs. Express your personal style with slim, sleek designs crafted from noble materials. Enjoy the ultimate in performance with carefully selected components and software and a superior user experience. HP Envy machines are something which are crafted with much passion by HP designers and it have all the super duper tech specs and customization is also available.

[attachment=1:2g0wivab]HP-Envy-14-1000-Notebook-PC-series-APJ_400x400.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

10. Sony Vaio F series VPCF137HGBI: Equipped with the latest Quad Core CPU, Intel Core i7 Processor plus the latest NVIDIA GeForce GPU. The Full HD display lets you enjoy the beauty of HD video and photos with Adobe RGB 100% coverage. The classy top panel features a two-layer finish with pearl black covered by a clear layer. It have Intel Core i7-740QM Processor 1.73 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz, Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 16.4 (41.6 cm) wide (Full HD: 1920×1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Premium, Adbe RGB 100% coverage), NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M GPU with CUDA Technology, Blu-ray Disc Drive with DVD SuperMulti. It have all super specs in it which makes it quite costly but it’s something which is truly called as the power generator.

[attachment=0:2g0wivab]100870-400x289.jpg[/attachment:2g0wivab]

Bristow
January 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Wow.. a new Gateway lol aww.. that means mine is out-dated :sad: I'm currently using NV49C08i :unhappy:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
January 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Brutaaaaaaal,but $1799.00
Dominate the Horde
When your opponents swarm down like locusts, the Alienware® M17x laptop gives you the firepower for all-out extermination. The most powerful Intel® mobile processor available, ATI CrossFireX™ dual-graphics processing unit (GPU) graphics and Alienware’s dramatic industrial design deliver the ultimate high-definition mobile gaming and entertainment experience. Strike fear in your enemies and taste sweet victory.

Speed Is Survival
Any hesitation means almost-certain death. Power through the most hard-core games and intense applications with the latest Intel® Core™ i7 and Core™ i5 processors featuring Intel® Turbo Boost Technology for dynamic, on-the-fly overclocking.

Graphics to Be Reckoned With
You’re only as good as your GPU. If you want your games cranked up to max settings with ultra-fast frame rates, the Alienware M17x now offers up to a full one teraflop of sheer graphics power with ATI CrossFireX. Experience incredible scalability, performance and compatibility while obtaining desktop-quality imagery.

BinaryGFX — With Alienware’s BinaryGFX technology, users have the ability to switch between discrete or integrated graphics.

Stealth Mode — While in Stealth Mode, discrete graphics cards are turned off and other components throttle down to achieve a 65-watt power limit.

Your Command Center
Alienware Command Center provides intuitive, user-friendly access to exclusive applications and controls, including AlienFX® lighting effects software and AlienFusion power management system. Updates and new releases download directly into Command Center, creating a constantly evolving tool for modifying and personalizing your M17x.

AlienSense — This facial recognition software identifies numerous distinguishing features, utilizing the M17x’s Webcam to read and verify biometric measurements that cannot be faked or stolen like a typed password.

Stunning Display — See bolder colors on the 17¨ widescreen LCD display. Featuring a dual CCFL back-lit LCD with higher brightness, the Alienware M17x will display more detailed, higher-quality imagery than single CCFL displays. And with an 8-ms response time, ghosting will be a thing of the past.

Webcam — The 2.0-megapixel webcam and digital microphone array lets you broadcast across the web, while wireless capabilities have you up and running anytime, anywhere.

Powerfully Unique Design
Power isn’t only on the inside of the Alienware M17x. Protect your world with Alienware’s all-new, anodized aluminum case design with aggressive lines and in-your-face attitude that can manage your thermals and look good doing it. And you can personalize your machine with a choice of two color options: Metallic Silver or Metallic Black.

QuickTouch system control pad — Run your fingers above the keyboard on your M17x and you won’t feel a thing. Your laptop, however, will. The Alienware QuickTouch control pad uses touch-capacitive sensors to access and manage power and volume controls, Bluetooth® and wireless connectivity and Command Center and Stealth Mode launch functions. Illuminated by the dramatic AlienFX lighting control system, QuickTouch renders mechanical buttons and control knobs obsolete.

Anodized aluminum — Sophistication. Protection. Durability. Alienware M17x’s case design combines a long life span with naturally textured beauty that can withstand normal wear and tear. Considering the amount of gaming power the M17x pumps out, a case that can manage thermals efficiently and has plenty of strength to protect everything inside is essential. The M17x’s anodized aluminum case design boasts aggressive lines and an in-your-face attitude.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m17x ... 17x&~ck=mn (http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m17x/pd?refid=laptop-alienware-m17x&~ck=mn)

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
January 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Processor
Intel® CoreTM i7 940XM (2.13GHz/8MB cache)

Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Memory2
4GB Dual Channel Memory (2x 2GB DDR3)

Video Card
1024 (MB) ATI HD5870 Mobility RadeonTM

Display
17.0 inch WUXGA display (1920x1200)

Audio and Speakers
M17x Core i7 / M17x Core2Duo
Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio

Hard Drive
Up to 1280GB3 hard drive (7200RPM)

Ports, Slots & Chassis

M17x Core i7
4 Hi-speed USB 2.0 ports
1 eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo (2-in-1 port) with PowerShare
8-in-1 Media Card Reader
IEEE 1394a (4-pin) port
ExpressCard Slot
DisplayPort, HDMITM , VGA - Video Output
Front Speakers Audio Out Connector / Headphone Jack
Center Speaker and Subwoofer Audio Out Connector / Headphone Jack
Rear Surround Audio Out Connector
Audio In / Microphone Jack
Two Built-In Front Speakers
Center Speaker and Subwoofer Audio Out Connector / Headphone Jack
Rear Surround Audio Out Connector
Audio In / Microphone Jack
Two Built-In Front Speakers

Dimensions
M17x Core i7
Height: 51.31mm to 53.59mm (2.02 inches to 2.11 inches) – Front to Back
Width: 405.89mm (15.98 inches)
Depth: 321.31mm (12.65 inches)
Weight: Starting at 5.3kg* (11.68 pounds)

quaz1957
January 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM
moonnique - "nice work - well done !!"

Bristow
January 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Wow... This laptop is Sick!! :shocked: the design is like a Bugatti Veyron but it's a laptop! :amazed:

sbdragoo
January 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
The Alienware laptops are great. I've got one that I don't know why I waited so long to buy. Here are the quick specs on it...

Alienware M17x in Space Black
Intel Core i7 820QM Quad core 1.73GHz - 3.06GHz turbo, 8MB cache
8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 / 133MHz Ram
17" Wide UXGA 1920 x 1200 (1200p) screen
Alienware 2210 21" Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080 HD) as second monitor with Desktop extended vertically from Laptop to Monitor
Crossfire 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD5870 graphics card (Dual GP's on a single card)
512GB Raid 0 (2 x 256GB Solid State HDDs)
Dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit / Ubuntu 10.1 64 bit
Various external hard drives for storage ( mostly music but graphics also)
Microsoft ArcMouse [an amazingly simple and comfortable mouse to use IMHO]

Bristow
January 14th, 2011, 01:33 PM
:cool: specs