PDA

View Full Version : systemcpl.dll or somewhere else?

gsw953
January 9th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I'm having an issue getting the "genuine microsoft software" logo on the System Properties page to change.
I had no problems changing it on my 32 bit system but on my 64 bit Ultimate install it doesn't want to change.
So I guess my question would be is there another location I should look in other than systemcpl.dll?
or am I just not seeing something?

Mr GRiM
January 10th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I'm having an issue getting the "genuine microsoft software" logo on the System Properties page to change.
I had no problems changing it on my 32 bit system but on my 64 bit Ultimate install it doesn't want to change.
So I guess my question would be is there another location I should look in other than systemcpl.dll?
or am I just not seeing something?

You need to edit the one in system32 but you first need to paste it on your desktop, make your edits to it there and then rename the original and paste your new one in there.

If you are using a non English version then I think it doesn't work with changing that image because I have noticed there are some with other languages on them so there must be some in regional locations somewhere.

gsw953
January 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks Mr. Grim.I had only been doing the 64 bit one,doing both of them did the trick :D

SpyMashine
February 18th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Anyone solved the problem for a non ENGLISH version of the system?