PDA

View Full Version : Icon Help Please

edee
January 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I have cut the picture below out of one of Mr. Grims screen shots . I have been trying to make my network icons and cannot get the "T" correct .
Can someone direct me to a tutorial on how to make it or allow me use of a psd already inplace ? , I have been looking all morning for this and it is now holding me up.

This is what I need .......

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,
Ed

Mr GRiM
January 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Is this any good for you?

edee
January 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
You would not happen to have the psd ?
So I can manipulate size , color and appearance . It's hard to do that ( and get it right ) with the png.

It'll be good so I can see how it's made and then be able to eventually make my own variations of it.

Thanks so much Mr. Grim.

Mr GRiM
January 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry I don't have a PSD for it, that was just one of the default icons I got that from, I just had a look for some tutorials and I did find these that may be helpful to you http://www.rnel.net/search/photoshop/tube-tutorials-1

Mr GRiM
January 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I think you may find that the network pipe icon and many others were rendered 3 dimensional images.

Tools

* Pencil and paper: Initial concept ideas, listed and sketched.
* 3D Studio Max: Render 3D objects in perspective.
* Adobe Photoshop: Sketch and iterate, mock-up in context, and finalize details.
* Adobe Illustrator/ Macromedia Freehand: Sketch and iterate, finalize details.
* Gamani Gif Movie Gear: Produce .ico file (with compression if needed).
* Axialis Icon Workshop: Produce .ico file (with compression if needed).
* Microsoft Visual Studio® doesn't support Windows Vista icons (there is no support for alpha channel or more than 256 colors).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511280.aspx

edee
January 13th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Well it took a lot of mistakes but this is what I came up with .....

Thanks for your help Mr. Grim

Mr GRiM
January 13th, 2011, 01:07 AM
No worries, nice results :smile: