PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning

gstla
January 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
My name's GST, I stumbled upon VirtualCustoms while looking for ways to replace & customize my desktop. I wanted something simple, yet powerful, and when I saw Mr. Grimm's Blade Theme, I knew that I had to see more of what this community has to offer. Unfortunately, I don't have much offer in return yet, just a bit of confusion here and there :sad: About me: I'm 21, just decided that I wanted to study information technology in college/school, tried a 4 year college in 2008, didn't pan out for me, so here I am working towards my associates degree again in 2011 before I look into transfers.

Most of my time on my laptop is spent listening to music, watching movies (anime, mainly), but I do watch other films too... talking to friends, playing games (in particular retro emulation). I'm not terribly fond of the current console gaming systems, though PS3 homebrew interests me considerably. My laptop has an i7-720QM processor, 4GB of 1066 DDR3 Dual Channel RAM, & a GTX 460M GPU. Upgrading my GPU from a 240M to a 460M was one of the recent things that solidified my interest in pursuing an associates degree in IT. I'm taking a few online courses this semester while brushing up on my math (I haven't taken or done math in three years), but I'll need some calculus for this degree so.... I'm working on that. :smug:

Thanks for having me here @ your creative wonderland, I look forward to meeting all you madhatters ;)

-GST

bigcyco1
January 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
My name's GST, I stumbled upon VirtualCustoms while looking for ways to replace & customize my desktop. I wanted something simple, yet powerful, and when I saw Mr. Grimm's Blade Theme, I knew that I had to see more of what this community has to offer. Unfortunately, I don't have much offer in return yet, just a bit of confusion here and there :sad: About me: I'm 21, just decided that I wanted to study information technology in college/school, tried a 4 year college in 2008, didn't pan out for me, so here I am working towards my associates degree again in 2011 before I look into transfers.

Most of my time on my laptop is spent listening to music, watching movies (anime, mainly), but I do watch other films too... talking to friends, playing games (in particular retro emulation). I'm not terribly fond of the current console gaming systems, though PS3 homebrew interests me considerably. My laptop has an i7-720QM processor, 4GB of 1066 DDR3 Dual Channel RAM, & a GTX 460M GPU. Upgrading my GPU from a 240M to a 460M was one of the recent things that solidified my interest in pursuing an associates degree in IT. I'm taking a few online courses this semester while brushing up on my math (I haven't taken or done math in three years), but I'll need some calculus for this degree so.... I'm working on that. :smug:

Thanks for having me here @ your creative wonderland, I look forward to meeting all you madhatters ;)

-GST
Hi gstla :smile: welcome to virtual customs i hope you enjoy your stay! ;)

bgjerlow designs
January 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hey GST, welcome to virtual customs. Glad to see you here. Sounds like you got a really nice laptop btw ;)