PDA

View Full Version : Hey

selluminis
January 29th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Been around PCs for some time. Love to do custom builds. Just started overclocking. Thinking about getting into custom themes now. Probably will have no clue what to do. Right now, I want to check out some of the ones you guys have made. They look awesome!!! Is there an installer I need to make these themes work or just get the .exe and start it? I will probably find the answer when I read more, LOL!

System
Core i5 750 2.67GHZ @ 4.2GHZ (28C idle on air)
Gigabyte GA H55-USB3 mobo
4 GB (2x2) Of G.Skills Ripjaws 1600MHZ @ 1680MHZ
EVGA GTX 460 768MB overclocked

Bristow
January 29th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Hi selluminis :bunny2: :welcome: :bunny2: if you want to make your own theme just go to this forum http://virtualcustoms.net/viewforum.php?f=63

selluminis
January 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I am still trying to get one of the already made themes I downloaded from here to work. I have theme resource changer and it is not working. All the files are present according to the tutorial, but it is only changing the wallpaper. Any ideas?

selluminis
January 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Okay, I got windows to see the theme and the sounds are working, but none of the icon or the orb, or anything else have changed.

Big V
January 29th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome to VC You not only need the theme rescource changer but you also have to patch your system files first to be able to wear a third party theme you can use universal theme patcher or UXstyle core found here viewforum.php?f=156 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewforum.php?f=156) May i ask what theme you are trying to install? Because some of the older themes were not designed for the new theme rescource changer program and you had manually edit some of your system files with restorator

_Deano_
January 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
welcome to virtualcustoms have fun pimpin your computer out with our top theme designers :cool:

selluminis
January 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I am trying to use armageddon clash of the titans by razorsedge. I have the system patched. There were 3 files it i had to patch. my windows are changed and the task bar is changed. I have none of the icons or pointers, etc