PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

razorsedge
January 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before....

I am proud to present my new theme Star Trek

This has to be the toughest theme I have ever had to make. Spending close to 4 weeks on this one tweaking and changing things dozens of times, wanting to give it a sleek new look yet still appeal to all the Trekkies out there.

I want to thank Mr.Grim, for resources advice and his final tweaks thank you so much bud :)

Nofx and Big V for being the early testers and input thanks so much guys

How to patch your system to use 3rd party themes and apply theme video tutorial: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37747-How-to-patch-windows-7-to-allow-3rd-party-themes-and-apply-themes-video-tutorial

How to change icons and apply theme extras video tutorial: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37745-Edit-Dll-images-apply-icons-theme-extras-video-tutorial

How to use 7tsp packs Video Tutorial: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37746-How-to-apply-a-7tsp-pack-video-tutorial

(http://www.youtube.com/user/hacktheplanet24?feature=mhum)40478

Theme Includes

Star Trek Theme

Start Orb

Shell32.dll Images

Explorerframe Images

Fonts

Custom Star Trek Sound Pack

Recolored Fire Dragon Cursors by Jacksmafia

Imageres.dll Star Trek system icons

Alternate wallpaper

Alternate start orb

Shellbrd.dll system properties image

system.cpl genuine image

timedate.cpl clock images

custom icons

Download

http://www.4shared.com/rar/-SeZ5Uf4/ST_online.html
Enjoy the theme everyone :happy:

Live Long and Prosper

ArtemisFowlXX
January 29th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Wow o.o such an awesome theme! Top Notch bud :D

nofx1994
January 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
this is your best theme so far and i have to say it is so impressive even if you dont like star trek. Just the shear details you have done are phenomenal and i see if you continue the next competition is going to be one of the toughest yet.

Big V
January 29th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I totally love this theme dude. It is an amazing piece of art You have really pushed the bar over the top on this Tucker. Thank you very much dude I will be using this one for a very long time. :party2:

gor17981
January 29th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm not much of a start trek fan but i must say this theme looks excellent, stunning work :gun:

Mr GRiM
January 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Fantastic work Tucker, this theme really turned out well, I'm very impressed, it all goes together so well with the Icons sounds and all the extras, great work bud :smile:

bgjerlow designs
January 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Looks really good Tucker, nice work. Even though i'm not a Star Trek fan, i still think this is a pretty damn sweet vs :)

HaCkthEplAneT
January 29th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Very nice theme Razor. You did an amazing job!!

lefty1981
January 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
what an beautiful work!^^ :love:

Venom0642
January 30th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Excellent Theme Razor Thanks looks great, i did find a bug thought maybe you can get that fixed when you go to start menu and highlight a icon on the main start menu you get this when start menu opens on right see pic on bottom see the glitch moving up and down on start menu icons.. Besides that this theme rocks hopefully you can get a fix tho this is on my windows 7 64 bit.
[attachment=0:370rkshd]Untitled.jpg[/attachment:370rkshd]

razorsedge
January 30th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks everyone so much for the comments I am really happy to see u like the theme :)

Venom that glitch u noticed there

Its a wide spread prob thats been around for a while somethemes it happens and some themes it don't. No one knows what causes it or how to fix it its a mystery, it goes full tranz there for a split second and happens really fast then goes back to normal. If we ever figure out why it happens we could find a fix for it but cause its so fast most ppl do not even see it.

I had the issue on one of the other themes that a guy on da pointed out and he has seen it on many themes no one knows why it happens to some themes and not others or where it comes from but cause its only a milla second u see it its not really a big thing to deal with :)

Venom0642
January 30th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks everyone so much for the comments I am really happy to see u like the theme :)

Venom that glitch u noticed there

Its a wide spread prob thats been around for a while somethemes it happens and some themes it don't. No one knows what causes it or how to fix it its a mystery, it goes full tranz there for a split second and happens really fast then goes back to normal. If we ever figure out why it happens we could find a fix for it but cause its so fast most ppl do not even see it.

I had the issue on one of the other themes that a guy on da pointed out and he has seen it on many themes no one knows why it happens to some themes and not others or where it comes from but cause its only a milla second u see it its not really a big thing to deal with :)
Ah i see well the theme is outstanding Razorsedge Thanks For Theme! :icon_cheesygrin:

lahercoll
January 30th, 2011, 01:18 AM
woo...fantactic theme friend thank you very good work :cool: :burns:

razorsedge
January 30th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Theme updated thanks to the master grim figured out what was causing the start menu to goes tranz for that split second thanks so much bud thats why ur the king lol

razorsedge
January 30th, 2011, 04:21 AM
sry guys one more update done now this is the final a little mr grim brain storming was going on lol

freshman
January 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM
beautiful themes thanks

-Scoobydoo^
January 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
this really looks cool,thankyou for your hard work.

wyehow
January 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hi i have a problem here. I downloaded and applied the star trek theme and it worked but when it was done only the wallpaper changed. My taskbar and window explorers were all different from what is included in the theme. Instead it changed to something like an XP version of taskbar and windows explorers. How can i apply all the packages included in the theme pack to my computer to make it look exactly the same like what was shown above? Btw I'm using windows 7 x64-bit. Thanks in advance guys!

robyroby
January 30th, 2011, 10:15 AM
awesome work razoredge thanks :cool: :burns:

edee
January 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Beautifully done theme !
I like when someone does a theme and takes into account being able to read things , so many make dark themes and never take into acount font size and color .
I installed and everything works great with the exception of a couple of minor things :

1.) when I hit the start button the start menu pops up and I mouse over it the menu "pixelates" at the bottom , I'll get a green pixeled box that pops up real quick then dissappears. ??
2.) On internet explorer , I noticed how you created mouse overs that turn black over items like favorites and such , it does not do it over everything elese though like "file, edit, view etc."
3.) IE tabs , the lettering is white and cannot be read by these old eyes also no mouse over transition .
4.) Application backgrounds : I usually use rocket dock , I had to install object dock to use your dock , while trying to make adjustments on the dock the application background was white and the wording on the application was barely readable.
5.) Is there any way to get more "badge" icons for object dock - I'd like to get the dock looking right with all Trek Badges but the apps you provided not everyone uses so right now my dock is a hodge podge of mixed icons with the Trek Icons , need ones for like " My comp, videos, pictures, etc" - I'd like to see one for WSB too if it is not too much trouble.

Being a Trek fan since I was a kid I have never found a theme I could stick with until this one and I think if you could just make the minor adjustments above this one will definitely be a keeper .
I especially like the sound scheme ! Kudos ! :party2:

Big V
January 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi i have a problem here. I downloaded and applied the star trek theme and it worked but when it was done only the wallpaper changed. My taskbar and window explorers were all different from what is included in the theme. Instead it changed to something like an XP version of taskbar and windows explorers. How can i apply all the packages included in the theme pack to my computer to make it look exactly the same like what was shown above? by the way I'm using windows 7 x64-bit. Thanks in advance guys!
Sounds like you need to patch your system files first to be able to wear a third party theme http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5665 plus you also need the the theme resource changer installed http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=4530

Mr GRiM
January 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Beautifully done theme !
I like when someone does a theme and takes into account being able to read things , so many make dark themes and never take into acount font size and color .
I installed and everything works great with the exception of a couple of minor things :

1.) when I hit the start button the start menu pops up and I mouse over it the menu "pixelates" at the bottom , I'll get a green pixeled box that pops up real quick then dissappears. ??
2.) On internet explorer , I noticed how you created mouse overs that turn black over items like favorites and such , it does not do it over everything elese though like "file, edit, view etc."
3.) IE tabs , the lettering is white and cannot be read by these old eyes also no mouse over transition .
4.) Application backgrounds : I usually use rocket dock , I had to install object dock to use your dock , while trying to make adjustments on the dock the application background was white and the wording on the application was barely readable.
5.) Is there any way to get more "badge" icons for object dock - I'd like to get the dock looking right with all Trek Badges but the apps you provided not everyone uses so right now my dock is a hodge podge of mixed icons with the Trek Icons , need ones for like " My comp, videos, pictures, etc" - I'd like to see one for WSB too if it is not too much trouble.

Being a Trek fan since I was a kid I have never found a theme I could stick with until this one and I think if you could just make the minor adjustments above this one will definitely be a keeper .

The theme was updated and the bug in the start menu is fixed, with IE you could download the IE mod I did to use with dark themes, there is also a version in my 7tsp Blade Icons and extras pack that will make it look like this.

Big V
January 30th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Beautifully done theme !

if you needing some different icons for the dock i have a couple of trek sets in the icon section that you might enjoy they are all 500x500 png's for the docks
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6418 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6418)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3491 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3491)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6482 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6482)

Hellcat
January 30th, 2011, 06:08 PM
:flirt:Razor this is formidable theme :shock: fantastic job, congrats :party2: love theme :loving:

Big V
January 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Eva the theme is not from lefty. It is from razorsedge

deadpitbox
January 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM
im not a star trek fan but i really like this,the color,windows ,everything look so slick ..hoping for a release without the trek logo :D im more of a red dwarf fan btw hahaha

Species A.I.
January 30th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Very nice theme Bro, I really like your themes because they are based on something familiar. [P.S. Predators ROCKS!!]

HiiGHLiiGHT
January 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
YEAH !!

very nice ! =)
i love the theme
great job =)

//edit
one thing i do not like

When someone writhe in MSN and the Icon Blinks, the color is ... not so good =D
can you chance the bling?
and it blings 5 times or so and then there is a color, in original Windows 7 is Orange. and here is green
can you chance that? then i can see that better

woah, sorry for my bad english XDD
i hope you understand that =)

razorsedge
January 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks every one for the comments on this theme gald to see you all like it :)

Mr Grim and big V thanks for the help replies guys and grim thanks again for those final tweaks :)

wyehow
Hi i have a problem here. I downloaded and applied the star trek theme and it worked but when it was done only the wallpaper changed. My taskbar and window explorers were all different from what is included in the theme. Instead it changed to something like an XP version of taskbar and windows explorers. How can i apply all the packages included in the theme pack to my computer to make it look exactly the same like what was shown above? by the way I'm using windows 7 x64-bit. Thanks in advance guys!

wyehow refer to the post of the theme just above the star trek crews pic there is links to tutorials I have done on the site your computer needs to be patched to enable 3rd party themes, its not patched thats why it would go back to a basic xp look you can find the tutorial here: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5665 (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5665) if you are using sp1 then use the universal theme patcher if you are not using sp1 you can use any of the methods to patch your theme files :)

edee

Beautifully done theme !

I especially like the sound scheme ! Kudos !

edee

1.) you need to grab the theme again it was updated mr grim fixed the small issue with the start menu it was not that it pixilated it was a spot that went fully tranz for a quick second then went back to normal due to a property I had in the start menu buttons grim was able to figure out what was cauing this and fixed it.

2.) follow what grim said in a previous reply in this thread for ie I use windows 7 N version becuase it comes without ie and mediacenter I dont want them in my os, so I cant do much for the ie probs since I dont have it grim took care of that.

3.) I use object dock and the settings dont show white text, the text is grey and can be seen no problem u might need to adjust the color or brightness of your monitor this is why we use grey text instead of white so it can be seen on a white background.

4.) I included a blank icon you will see in the folder with no text on it so you could do your own icons for any dock to use its right inside the icons folder the second icon in there, and there is a wsb icon already done in the pack it's in the folder.

HiiGHLiiGHT

YEAH !!

very nice ! =)
i love the theme
great job =)

//edit
one thing i do not like

When someone writhe in MSN and the Icon Blinks, the color is ... not so good =D
can you chance the bling?
and it blings 5 times or so and then there is a color, in original Windows 7 is Orange. and here is green
can you chance that? then i can see that better

woah, sorry for my bad english XDD
i hope you understand that =)

Highlight I did the button to flash sci-fi green to match the rest of the theme, the orig color is a yellow I believe for the flash there is no way to change the flashing color actually its always that yellow I just added a green glass effect to the button so you get the flashing green so that it matches the rest, if you let me know what color you would like it I can just tint the glass to the color you would prefer :)

Thanks again for the comments everyone :)

HiiGHLiiGHT
January 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM
hmmmm then green to yellow?
a signal color?

then i can see it better, when someone wrthes me in MSN =D
i hate the sounds from MSN so i need the signal color =)

Johnny Blaze
January 31st, 2011, 02:40 AM
I am a star trek fan and i think it just awesome! thanks

Kino
January 31st, 2011, 04:09 AM
Very
interesting
theme..
thanks
:cool: :gun:

skybox15
January 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM
excellent theme! :smile:

dreamer567
January 31st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Very awesome work, WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing :party2:

bigcyco1
January 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
great job razor i ain't into star trek but this vs is top notch bud :cool2:

JokeStar
February 1st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Live long and Prosper.......Thanx

HiiGHLiiGHT
February 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM
MUUHIIII

I <3 THIS THEME =)

Thank u very much razorsedge =)

Black
February 3rd, 2011, 04:11 AM
This is such a good job and so much detail.That this must be one of the best themes ever.Thanks a lot. :happy:

jkd
February 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Razor wicked theme as always. Love the star trek look, this well go nicely with my hyperdesk star trek folders.

smokey
February 6th, 2011, 02:10 AM
this theme is gorgeous! everything compliments each other perfectly!

you got skills my friend, keep up the good work

razorsedge
February 11th, 2011, 02:13 AM
added video by hacktheplanet thanks very much bud :)

Felix
February 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 24th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Waaaaaaaau Mr.RAZORSEDGE what is this???
no what,rather when you were able to create this new windows theme,had to take very much time and big effort
I have not looked this serial and I have not noticed this new windows theme,but this your Finall theme is very nice,Very nice work
heheeeeeee,very supeeeeer bar,all is super
I go download it and testing,thanks for it :girl:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 24th, 2011, 11:24 PM
and super new logo,animation :cheeky:

razorsedge
February 26th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Thanks everyone I am happy to see you like the theme :)

Moonnique Ithanks lol I am gald to see you like it and the logo animation lol we have a new compition on clash of the titans III a whole bunch of new themes coming I have not got any screens up yet I will soon but check out the comp page here u can see what will be coming up in the next few weeks from everyone :) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7295 (http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7295)

JokeStar
March 7th, 2011, 07:03 AM
:cheeky: .........I really like this theme.....using it right now...Thanx.

It's very clean and works well with my 'ol eyes.

Elmo56
March 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Really Great theme dude and I am a really big star trek fan....so THANKS so much for sharing this!

XFX2600F
March 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks for this excellent Theme and Best Friend

vlad tepes
April 4th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Good work, fantastic star trek, so follow through is welcome to make great themes and W7, greetings. Ohhhhhhhh not know which is better :gun: :cool:

razorsedge
April 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
awesome theme bt i cant see da download link :s i donno y

Hi Bud :)

Just click on the post where it says download the button above clicking that will take you to the download link :)

charlito
May 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
thanks!!

emetoy001
May 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
This is really noce man.

intandita
May 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
i like it..great job

houhouhou
June 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
very good !

telaresham
August 12th, 2011, 03:05 AM
IT'S GREAT, NICE THEME GOOD JOB, CONGRATULATIONS:Peace::Peace:

telaresham
August 12th, 2011, 03:11 AM
VERY NICE CONGRATULATIONS. GOOD JOB

NAHOM
August 19th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Very nice theme razor I loved the Start menu and Taskbar excellent work Thank you very much:givahand:

fernandono2
August 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
congratulations !

fernandono2
August 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
congratulations !

Cris Mena
October 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
nice theme thank you

Silberlocke64
October 18th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Echt toll

Translation = Really great

minda7
February 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM
muito obrigado
Thank you very much

mcarrasco37
February 25th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Great theme for us sci fi followers. thanks.j-

mistersingh
March 3rd, 2012, 04:49 AM
it is simply awesome. all time favorite. :cool::Smile: thanks a ton.

TheApocalyptican
May 12th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Really like this theme. My only problem is there are some files that restorator doesn't wanna change. Explorer, explorerframe, and shell32. I've got the original files all in a seperate folder from the system folders, and have ownership of all of them. But I get a Cannot assign or add "X" to type "Z" error, where X is the file name and Z is the folder name. Any help is appreciated.

Big V
May 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Really like this theme. My only problem is there are some files that restorator doesn't wanna change. Explorer, explorerframe, and shell32. I've got the original files all in a seperate folder from the system folders, and have ownership of all of them. But I get a Cannot assign or add "X" to type "Z" error, where X is the file name and Z is the folder name. Any help is appreciated.
As far as i know the main theme is not setup to be installed by restorator you need to have theme resource changer installed for it to work properly the only thing restorator is required for is the timedate.cpl, system.cpl, and shellbrd.dll

Letícia®
May 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM
that fabulous theme "razorsedge".... I loved:girl::love:

TheApocalyptican
May 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I didn't know that theme resource changer was necessary. Works great now. Thank you!

robj2005
May 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM
wow razor,thanks,this looks great,cant wait to try it out:happy:

dim2lite
June 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
i just want to give you and everyone else on this site a big shout out!!! i have been to quite a few websites that offer themes and such but none of them can even come close to this one. so much talent and patients i see. a lot of people i know will be coming here now im sure.
i appreciate all the hard work you do!!!

razorsedge
July 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
links reupped and updated :)

spenny57
December 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM
merci beaucoup

YourNumbr1Fan
December 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Dang!----This is awesome man!
Downloading and adding to my collection fer sure!:givahand:

spenny57
December 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
merci beaucoup ..

JokeStar
December 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Live Long and Prosper.........
:Peace:

Ghost Rider
January 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Great job mate !!:Smile: Thanks for sharing...:allgood:

Allador
February 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
I hoped to try this one but I get file deleted when click on download,, guess was a few weeks late finding you :Grim:

razorsedge
February 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM
I hoped to try this one but I get file deleted when click on download,, guess was a few weeks late finding you :Grim:

sorry about that link reupped and available for download now :)

My apologies on that seems we have some stardock trolls again that did not like that a few of my older themes when I started and was learning that included an object dock skin and were reported I have removed the dock skins and reupped the packs sry of that :)

Allador
February 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
:-DBravo and well done, I just downloaded with np and all is well. The theme is amazing and I love the sounds. I wish I knew how to make those but am so glad I found the site. I also wanted to say thank you for the very clear, detailed and noob friendly tutorial you have.

PKoochie1
April 2nd, 2013, 01:59 AM
Razorsedge Great work Thank You. Wish i could do this Thank again

IceBabee
April 3rd, 2013, 02:48 AM
Excellent!!!!!! Very nice detail, very usable and nice colors. Thank you my friend for the share.....you rock! :)

DestroCobra
June 19th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Thank you sir for the great theme

klapot
June 21st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful, awesome awesome awesome, thank you thank you thank you!

brendaswolf
June 29th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Really love this theme been a trekky for a long time thanks

Antishok
September 30th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Amazing work bro! love it :money:

ByBroker
November 7th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Nice worl guy make such good work on you make really nice Themes pls go on ^^

kostarum
October 25th, 2022, 12:52 AM
wow,theme is FANTASTIC, thank you very much!!!