PDA

View Full Version : Only I could have this issue:(

selluminis
January 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Okay, I got blade from Mr. Grim. I have my system patched and I installed the theme. I also used 7tsp for the icons and extras. All of the system icons have changed to the theme. However, none of the other icons, i.e. firefox, i.e. explorer etc are changed. I see that there are icons for to. The start orb is also still windows default. I go into 7tsp to try to change them, but it is looking for bitmap images and the theme images are all png or something. What am I missing. :anger:

Big V
January 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Did use install the theme using the theme resource changer app? Or have you used other software in the past to change these? sometimes other apps cause issues and the theme resource changer won't modify the files because they have already been modified previously by other application

selluminis
January 30th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Per mr.grim, I installed his theme by double clicking on it. Then, I installed the icon pack with 7tsp. Is there a way to completely start over?

Big V
January 30th, 2011, 08:33 PM
yes but did you have the theme rescource changer app installed before you installed the theme? you must have it installed for everything in the theme to work. with out it alot of images won't appear.

Species A.I.
January 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Very good point Big V, I had the same problem, so I took everything off then installed the theme patcher, them the theme itself, patched that part, then I used 7tsp after, for some of the extras, worked great!!!!

selluminis
January 30th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Yes, I had the theme resource patcher installed. I must have messed up somewhere along the line. How do I completly get rid of everything and start over? I did the restore with 7tsp and that seems to have NOT made any changes. Is there anything else I can try to completly get rid of everything short of reinstalling windows?

I know that I messed up. Before I realized that I had to use some of these apps to do the patching I was trying it that way. Must have changed something that the 7tsp does not like. At one point, I got BSOD after patching and restarting. Had to start Windows in safe mode.

One piece of info that may be of help. At one point, Once I got all of the apps I actually needed I installed the extras, like an idiot, before installing the theme itself. Not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks for all the help here guys. I am totally a noob at theming. Once I figure out how all of this works, I want to try to make my own..... We will see, LOL :sorry:

Mr GRiM
January 31st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Yes, I had the theme resource patcher installed. I must have messed up somewhere along the line. How do I completly get rid of everything and start over? I did the restore with 7tsp and that seems to have NOT made any changes. Is there anything else I can try to completly get rid of everything short of reinstalling windows?

I know that I messed up. Before I realized that I had to use some of these apps to do the patching I was trying it that way. Must have changed something that the 7tsp does not like. At one point, I got BSOD after patching and restarting. Had to start Windows in safe mode.

One piece of info that may be of help. At one point, Once I got all of the apps I actually needed I installed the extras, like an idiot, before installing the theme itself. Not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Thanks for all the help here guys. I am totally a noob at theming. Once I figure out how all of this works, I want to try to make my own..... We will see, LOL :sorry:

If you have Team Viewer installed send me a PM and an invite and I will see if I can assist you this.

selluminis
January 31st, 2011, 02:38 AM
I will get that. I assume I can DL it here somewhere. If you are on when I get home I will do that. Thanks.

razorsedge
January 31st, 2011, 03:50 AM
have you installed sp1 already from the sound of you not having the start orb changing I have spoken with others that have had the issue after they installed sp1.

you can find team viewer here:http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32408-TeamViewer-6.0-Build-10462-DA-silent-installer

selluminis
January 31st, 2011, 06:07 AM
No, I do not have SP1

selluminis
February 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Alright. So I have now done a fresh install of windows due to installing a new mobo.

Patched the 3 windows files
installed blade via the exe provided.
used 7tsp to install the extras

still have default windows start orb and the only icons that have changed are the system icons, like folders, recycle bin, etc. ie explorer is still default as are others that show icons in 7tsp.