PDA

View Full Version : please help guys.. minor mistake

parks82
February 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
hi guys.. i have just recently stumbled across this site and iv been working on installing a theme or two. iv installed the universal theme patcher and patched the required files. upon reading a reply from Mr.Grim on my post, he recommended installing 7tsp. i did, then tried to install a theme. ''black glass areo''.

i followed the instructions. i installed the zip file to my deskop, ran 7tsp, selected the add custom theme, and patched it. the 7tsp program done its work, set restore point and it said the installation was complete. i rebooted my cpu and the theme was not installed. i then recalled i did not disable the UAC. i then used the 7tsp again to restore to the previous point, then disabled the UAC and done the process again. i am now getting an !!error!! ''resources folder missing'' .. any ideas??

thanks in advance

parks82
February 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
i think i have sucessfully done a restore and evething seems fine.. i ran 7stp as admin and installed the annihilator theme pack, its only partly worked. some of the icons have changed, but not all, and the desktop hasnt changed. UAC is disabled, and files are pached with uneversal theme patcher. but when i right click on my deskop>personalise the installed theme is not there. where does it go?? the windows media skin has been installed also. is there something i am doing wrong?

razorsedge
February 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Hi parks82

When u open 7tsp delete the annihilator theme package from the selction box u see it in there close 7tsp then open it again readd the package and reapply that should fix your problem :)

parks
February 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
thanks razor, i'l give that a try. i seem to be adding some themes ok with it, but others are saying no pack.ini found ? and some icons arnt installing. some are changing, but not all