PDA

View Full Version : design question

masedawg
February 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM
working on my first theme & i need help with a graphic problem when i create an image for a hover / "hot" ,"hotselected" image and try to have the center with around a 50% opacity but when i add the image to the theme and then add the theme to windows it puts a solid color in the center. any clues ? i have windows 7 using cs4 and 5 master suites and im using fireworks to create the image also using vista style builder 1.5

this is a sample image this is the original only with the hue adjusted and it stays clear in the center. but i would like change the center to look more like glass but when i do it fills it solid when placed in windows

razorsedge
February 16th, 2011, 02:17 AM
lower the opacity in the middle to make it look more like glass if thats the image u want to use :)

masedawg
February 16th, 2011, 01:38 PM
yea but when i change it the file looks fine even in win7style but when i add it to windows it fills it in with solid a color . i want to make it look more like the hover in the startmenu the 1 that pops up over computer

masedawg
February 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
i have aero on and im using windows 7 enterprise 64. i know how to design it but when i apply it too windows the color changes to a default color that matches what i have placed inside subtracting gradient and/or opacity. just wondering if it could be an issue with the dpi or bit color. my dpi on windows is set to 100%