PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Theme Resource Changer

edee
March 6th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Ever since installing Windows 7 SP1 and Winmate , it kind of screwed with my themes and I have to unistall custom icons and reinstall which went fine , but when it cam to uninstalling Theme Resource Changer then re installing is where I ran into my problem .

I uninstalled theme resource changer fine , rebooted , when I tried to reinstall I got the message "ThemeResourceChangerX64-v10.exe is not a valid Win32 application" , after clicking "ok" the file disappears from the folder leaving just the X86.exe file in the folder ?
I have tried to re download the file from VC to my desktop , documents etc. only to not have the file appear after download ????

I have googled this to no avail , looked at the microsoft knowlege base to no avail .
Everything on my system works fine except for that file , there are no viruses , maleware , i have ran a disc cleanup , emptied my temp folder .

Running :
Windows 7 Home Premium X64
Processor : Pentium Dual Core 2.60GHZ
Ram: 6GB

I really do not know if it is SP1 or Winmate that I downloaded from here that got me into this mess but there has to be a way out .
OR is Theme Resource Changer just not compatible with Windows 7 SP1 ?

Please before you answer :
If your one of those who is just going to say "reformat and reinstall" ........ please don't , because that's the easy way out , this happened somehow so there has to be a way to reverse it .

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated .

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2011, 04:52 PM
seems like a bit of an odd one, I do include theme resource changer in my installer for my Blade themes, so you could use one of those installers to see if it will install it, the only problem is that there is no uninstaller for it, not a big problem as you can just manually delete the folder and the only thing left over would be a couple of registry entries that go with it.

bgjerlow designs
March 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
What exactly is Winmate? Cuz it is most likely that that's causing your problems because i have had no problems at all with the theme resource changer software on SP1

edee
March 7th, 2011, 03:09 AM
What exactly is Winmate? Cuz it is most likely that that's causing your problems because i have had no problems at all with the theme resource changer software on SP1

Winmate see here : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32712-WinMate-0.9.7-silent-installer

Not to worry guys , got it all figured out and returned to normal , don't ask me exactly what I did but basically after removing Winmate from my system last evening after it renamed all my discs and partitions without my knowledge to "local drives" I had to re install it again to undo some other changes it had made , I then performed a forced uninstall of a damaged Themes Resource Changer , removed all registry traces then reinstalled Theme Resource Changer without a problem . :shock: Everything is back to normal :cool:

Again I then removed Winmate and all traces of it from my system.

bgjerlow designs
March 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Winmate see here :
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32712-WinMate-0.9.7-silent-installer
Not to worry guys , got it all figured out and returned to normal , don't ask me exactly what I did but basically after removing Winmate from my system last evening after it renamed all my discs and partitions without my knowledge to "local drives" I had to re install it again to undo some other changes it had made , I then performed a forced uninstall of a damaged Themes Resource Changer , removed all registry traces then reinstalled Theme Resource Changer without a problem . :shock: Everything is back to normal :cool:

Again I then removed Winmate and all traces of it from my system.
Glad to hear you fixed it. My money is on that it was Winmate causing the problem somehow ;)

Chewee
December 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I am sorry for the trouble, and nite long hassle you went though. But I was beginning to think that I have breathed to much Jet fuel over
the years because, I was messing the whole point of the Resource Changer. But now reading about your troubles, makes me feel
better. Hope your best days are in front of you. Thank you for your post. :Peace: