PDA

View Full Version : (How to) Change Windows Text Colours in the Shellstyle.dll

placebo81
March 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Hi

Is there a way for the fonts in windows explorer items view and navigation pane to use other color than the windowtext color? When I set normal state font color in itemsview and treeview it doesn't do anything. Is there a way to change it? If not in msstyles, maybe in shellstyle, or explorerframe? Thanks.

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
OK I am done, there seems to many other similar properties to the ones I am changing but I can not see where it's taking effect so I will just stick with the places I have found.

Line 81: Main Items View Explorer Text

Line 410: Games Explorer Names Text

Line 665: Computer Items View Explorer Text

Line 806: Navigation Pane Text

nofx1994
March 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
cool thanks grim a couple of those i did not know :D

robyroby
March 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
thanks for this mr grim :burns:

bigcyco1
March 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
cool thanks grim :smile:

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
No worries guys, it was a joint effort between Placebo and myself, he found out it was possible by changing all of the properties, I just found the exact lines to change.

bgjerlow designs
March 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Nice trick, thanks for sharing it! ;)

placebo81
May 31st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thank you Mr. Grim I just changed every instance of "windowtext" with ARGB values, but you didi the hard part. Thanks I used it in new Placebo theme Kitch Object and it works great (using dark explorer background with white text, and white window background with black window text for programs).

Mr GRiM
May 31st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Thank you Mr. Grim I just changed every instance of "windowtext" with ARGB values, but you didi the hard part. Thanks I used it in new Placebo theme Kitch Object and it works great (using dark explorer background with white text, and white window background with black window text for programs).

Thats great, that's what I thought was so good about being able to set it there, I converted one of my themes over to the new Base style today and it has all the shellstyle properties in the msstyles, took a bit to figure out but it all works perfect now :)

nofx1994
May 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
how hard was it to convert grim i mean to change it over to the new base could you just put the new shellstyle in theme folder or did you have to actually do all the properties and stuff we do on the themes to get all the new base stuff to show in wsb

Mr GRiM
May 31st, 2011, 05:56 PM
how hard was it to convert grim i mean to change it over to the new base could you just put the new shellstyle in theme folder or did you have to actually do all the properties and stuff we do on the themes to get all the new base stuff to show in wsb

Well I made lots of style hacks of my blade theme and used as many as I could to add it to the base msstyle and then had to go through and add all the bits the style hacks missed, took a few good hours.

dreamer567
June 15th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Another great tip, thanks much. :cool:

Panda X
June 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM
All those fonts should be already linked to the msstyles. Where it says gtf(Class, Part, State, ID) navigate to the Class Part State in the msstyles.

Ashish Rohilla
January 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
what is the thing that is to be replaced..??

QlimHaXx
March 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks very usefull

enigma007
June 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for this. Helps a lot

jhgenius01
July 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Wow this is great work Mr GRiM. Were there some parts of the theme fonts not able to be changed? What were these?

Ekleipsis
August 24th, 2012, 04:04 AM
OK I am done, there seems to many other similar properties to the ones I am changing but I can not see where it's taking effect so I will just stick with the places I have found.

Line 81: Main Items View Explorer Text

Line 410: Games Explorer Names Text

Line 665: Computer Items View Explorer Text

Line 806: Navigation Pane Text

Hi Grim, i created another topic for the problem i'm having but as i see here what you did probably could help me! You changed exactly the font colors that i'm trying to change with "fonts,colors & system metrics > fonts & system metrics > windowtext" which work when testing but not when saving on WSB.
I downloaded the files you linked and my question is that one...the white color that you put there in window explorer , how can i change it to the color i want?
I tried opening the shellstyle.dll with ressource hacker but i couldnt relate anything to what you said and i dont really know what im doing! hehe

Thanks

Big V
August 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I believe that needs to be opened with WSB instead of restorator in order to change those setting bud

ONE MAN ARMY
December 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Ok so I have fallowed Grims tutorial to find navigation pane in the Shellstyle, but I am not getting ARGB Codes to change this is what Im getting. Im just trying to change the red text location.

60132 60133

ONE MAN ARMY
December 10th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Need some help guys! If you can!

razorsedge
December 10th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Need some help guys! If you can!
Dam its been an eternity since I have changed those colors this way, easier bud would be for u to grab one of the new themes grims or mine cause I use his shellstyle as well and just swap out the shellstyle in in theme folder for one of the new ones then u could change all those text color codes in wsb itself that one in fact would be Lists, Menus & Tabs > TreeView - this does left side of explorer window :)

swapping out the shellstyle wont have any effect on the theme ur using at all just gives you the ability to change those text colors in wsb rather then the shellstyle :)

ONE MAN ARMY
December 10th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Thanks that infact was going to be my next question. I was unsure if i could just swap out the shellstyle with a different one! Thanks for letting me know that it was ok to do that!

razorsedge
December 10th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Thanks that infact was going to be my next question. I was unsure if i could just swap out the shellstyle with a different one! Thanks for letting me know that it was ok to do that!

np at all bud much easier way to do it then to mess with the shellstyle.dll text all the time grim made it heaps easier that way lol

lutfi29
March 31st, 2013, 03:14 AM
awesome, i like it, thanks grim :)

loopifuzz
April 5th, 2019, 05:10 PM
nice one :)

loopifuzz
April 5th, 2019, 05:12 PM
this is really nice :)