PDA

View Full Version : Help with a site i've been asked to take over.

JoseyWales
March 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
I have been asked to take over management of The Windows Center in order to get it ready for the upcoming Windows 8 beta. It is a VB 4 site and i will be doing everything from revamping the content to creating themes for the site. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. i want to get it looking as good as this site so that's why i'm posting this.. if you want the best, you go to the best.
i am also looking at bringing on a number of writers to create articles for the site in a variety of areas. so if you would like to try your hand at creative writing we could use you..
basically the site and most of the members came from Windows 7 Center, hopefully some of you have heard of the place. we took second place in a major competition for the best windows site judged by Microsoft staff and mvps. long story short, one of the admins did something underhanded that caused a major rift on the site and it collapse because of it. wel the group of honest people like me stayed together and created the new site. but it has stagnated over the past year and i've been asked to turn it around.
i am even thinking of maybe a contest for the best theme for the site and then using them all as themes for the site with the winner being used as the default theme for the site. what do you think about that?
i have also mentioned to grim about doing an in depth article about VC on the site as well as affiliate CV on our site to give more exposer for here.
http://www.thewindowscenter.com/index.php is the site if anyone wants to check it out.
thanks for helping in advance.