PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Themes And Skins

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I have had alot of request for Yahoo! Messenger Themes and Skins so as Razorsedge suggested im making a post so everyone can find them with more ease.. Enjoy and ill be adding more Skins from time to time as i get them built..

Here are two i have finished.. Everything you need to install them is in the download along with instrutions on how to do it.
Its pretty simple i have pretty much everything so you can double click and it will install everything.
Theres only one manual mod you have to do but in the instructions you will see how simple it really is.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/bigbabysweets680/1-2.jpg (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/bigbabysweets680/1-2.jpg)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/bigbabysweets680/37-1.jpg (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/bigbabysweets680/37-1.jpg)

UPDATE FIXED THE CRASH ISSUE

If you have Yahoo! beta 11 already installed go to C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger for 32 bit systems
and C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Messenger for 64 bit systems .. delete the skins folder ..
Then use the .exe file provided in the Modded Themes For Y!M Messenger 11 that works for your operating system..

Sorry to those that had the issues..

You can remove the ad banners just like i have with Ad Banner Remover Plus!

rusl@n
April 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
twizzz Beautiful skin looks great thank you very much :smile:

Ryan_Se7en
April 5th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Finally, it arrived. Thanks a lot Twizzz
I got a problem, Twizz. Whenever I try to change the theme when pressing the personalization, the YM crashes

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I got a problem, Twizz. Whenever I try to change the theme when pressing the personalization, the YM crashes

Did you install the yahoo beta 11?

Ryan_Se7en
April 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM

Yeah, that's why it happens. I just copy the folders in the skin folder, and it works but it doesnt look like yours
Mine looks like this

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Yeah, that's why it happens. I just copy the folders in the skin folder, and it works but it doesnt look like yours
Mine looks like this

I see.. The frames are automaticly set to match your existing theme just like any other window thats open.. That might be why it down look just the same.

Ryan_Se7en
April 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM
so, i must use the Even Horizion Blue by Mr. Razoredge to get the same effect as yours?

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
so, i must use the Even Horizion Blue by Mr. Razoredge to get the same effect as yours?

Unfortunately yeah for the frame around it to look the same.. :unhappy:

However i did fix the crash problem if you wanna try the new download to see if it looks any differnt.
Im not sure what theme you are using at the moment but i can build you one to match it if you like im doing one for someone else
i can sure do one for ya just PM me a screen shot of your desktop and ill put something together and see if you like it..

Ryan_Se7en
April 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks. It looks a lot simpler now
It's ok. It looks quite good now. Let me try to use the Horizon Theme now. BTW, can you change the start menu for a theme?

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks. It looks a lot simpler now
It's ok. It looks quite good now. Let me try to use the Horizon Theme now. BTW, can you change the start menu for a theme?
Ill see what i can do with it thats forsure if you want something differnt done to it..

Big V
April 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
glad to see someone has made a nice skin for my yahoo thanks twizz :cool:

twizzz
April 5th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Ill be making more skins so keep a eye on the post from time to time there maybe something new here...

armani077
April 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hey Twizzz, y :happy: :money: :money: ou are ROCKING on these skins. They are kick ass!! I had no problems and they look good with the themes. Thanks a million

twizzz
April 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Im working on a full clear skin for Yahoo! .. Let me know what ya think of what i have done.. Its been a challenge but its coming together..

twizzz
April 6th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Doing some tweaking to the skin i put together to match Razors Event Horizon...

twizzz
April 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Playing around alittle more with some of the images getting them to all to flow together better then the orignal skin.

MWetzel65
April 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
VERY Nice work. I especialy like the "glass" one. Got just a few questions though. Do I understand correctly, that if I simply put the skin resources in the skins folder, it'll work just fine and retain the frame of my current visual style (I'm using Tytynono Aero by Tytynono on DeviantArt)? Or do I still need to use the installer? Does the installer work on VIsta? I've noticed that most o' y'all use 7 these days. I'd also love a matching skin for WLM 2011 (yeah, I use both). Thanks for your time.

twizzz
April 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
VERY Nice work. I especialy like the "glass" one. Got just a few questions though. Do I understand correctly, that if I simply put the skin resources in the skins folder, it'll work just fine and retain the frame of my current visual style (I'm using Tytynono Aero by Tytynono on DeviantArt)? Or do I still need to use the installer? Does the installer work on VIsta? I've noticed that most o' y'all use 7 these days. I'd also love a matching skin for WLM 2011 (yeah, I use both). Thanks for your time.

Well i dont know what that skin looks like but if you notice the IM window icon pics have me moved to the left side rather then the right.. Dont know if yours has been converted like that but the skin won't look right unless you do that its part of the mod installer..

MWetzel65
April 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Well, I suppose I could copy and post the image from DeviantArt, but that still leaves the question of whether or not the executables you created (including the Ad Remover) will work with Vista or if they only work on 7.

twizzz
April 8th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Well, I suppose I could copy and post the image from DeviantArt, but that still leaves the question of whether or not the executables you created (including the Ad Remover) will work with Vista or if they only work on 7.
Yes they both work fine with Vista and even XP.. Its nothing special made just for Windows 7.. The folders where everything goes are the same for virtually all windows systems.. I created the executable with Winrar..

MWetzel65
April 9th, 2011, 04:38 PM
OK thanks. For the info and your time. Would it be better to post the VS here, or PM it to you?

twizzz
April 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
OK thanks. For the info and your time. Would it be better to post the VS here, or PM it to you?

Either or its ok either way.. I check both the post and my PM's multi times everyday.

MWetzel65
April 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Actually, as it turns out, it's not important anymore. I was afraid your skin would "take over" on the window frame of my theme, but it didn't. So, no worries. I DO however want the binary background you used as a wallpaper. Did you create it? Perhaps you could post a link to it if not? I saw those ones with the "people" in 'em, very nice but I only want the binary "code" stuff. VERY COOL! And I can make it in any other color I might want too (I tend to prefer black/greyscale color themes, but I'm just "anal" enough that I often mod everything within my capabilities, to multiple different colors).

deb_casm
April 11th, 2011, 12:01 AM
it is awesomee....
is it work in yahoo messenger 10?
TQ :cool:

twizzz
April 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Actually, as it turns out, it's not important anymore. I was afraid your skin would "take over" on the window frame of my theme, but it didn't. So, no worries. I DO however want the binary background you used as a wallpaper. Did you create it? Perhaps you could post a link to it if not? I saw those ones with the "people" in 'em, very nice but I only want the binary "code" stuff. VERY COOL! And I can make it in any other color I might want too (I tend to prefer black/greyscale color themes, but I'm just "anal" enough that I often mod everything within my capabilities, to multiple different colors).

Yeah alot of them i made putting more then one image together but ill bundle everything up and send it to you via PM give me a few i have to get home before i can there on my home computer... :)

MWetzel65
April 11th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Awesome! Apreciate it.

MWetzel65
April 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Gotta tell ya Twizzz, the more I look at this theme ya made, the more I rethink my VS modding. Gonna stick with the one I got o' course, but instead o' goin ALL black ('n' grey), I think I'm gonna use dark blue accenting, MRGIM's Ultimate Icons f'r example, was gonna use 'em anyway but I was "greyscalin" 'em. Not anymore, gonna use 'em (mostly) as is. I'm currently usin the dark blue "Drive Mastery" Wall by All Hope is Lost on DA, which is cool, but I'm also workin on moding it to be straight up horizontal, without the "drive" (not a quick mod, nor an easy one) Could send ya a screenie o' what I got right now if ya want. Am anxiously awaitin y'r stuff still though, hopin it'll make the end result I want LOTS easier. AWESOME skin man. Still hope ya c'n make a matchin WLM skin too. Keep up the great work.

twizzz
April 12th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Gotta tell ya Twizzz, the more I look at this theme ya made, the more I rethink my VS modding. Gonna stick with the one I got o' course, but instead o' goin ALL black ('n' grey), I think I'm gonna use dark blue accenting, MRGIM's Ultimate Icons f'r example, was gonna use 'em anyway but I was "greyscalin" 'em. Not anymore, gonna use 'em (mostly) as is. I'm currently usin the dark blue "Drive Mastery" Wall by All Hope is Lost on DA, which is cool, but I'm also workin on moding it to be straight up horizontal, without the "drive" (not a quick mod, nor an easy one) Could send ya a screenie o' what I got right now if ya want. Am anxiously awaitin y'r stuff still though, hopin it'll make the end result I want LOTS easier. AWESOME skin man. Still hope ya c'n make a matchin WLM skin too. Keep up the great work.

I PM'ed those backgrounds to ya... And heres a couple shots of my desktop..
I also have DeskSpace which i think came out wicked looking with the 3D cube..

asia55
April 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
LOVE Your WORK!!! :cheeky:

armani077
April 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Nice shot !! 3D cube, does it allow you to have different desktops at the same time?

twizzz
April 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Nice shot !! 3D cube, does it allow you to have different desktops at the same time?

Yes 6 differnt ones at the same time..

twizzz
April 12th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I can't take all the credit .. Alot has to go to Razorsedge and Mr. Grim...

explicador
April 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
very good thanks!!!! :cheeky:

armani077
April 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
OK I hate to be a complete NOOB, but is there a link for 3D????

twizzz
May 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I have 30 new skins coming so keep your eyes out there all gonna be wicked and mind blowing.. :evil:

KennyKusanagi
July 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Awesome Skin

Big V
September 5th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I have 30 new skins coming so keep your eyes out there all gonna be wicked and mind blowing.. :evil:
Any updates on these twizzz

chevy350
December 24th, 2011, 12:06 PM
These look pretty cool :tu:

hens74
December 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
can not be used for higher versions?

~TripleAceS~
December 25th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Thank You for Sharing !!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

ThE1SnIpEr
March 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
thanks

they look very good on mine , keep it up ^^

andymel746
April 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
is this modded themes still working?

Hellcat
April 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
:flirt: fantastic skin thank you lol

robj2005
April 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the skins,very nice.just what I needed:tu:

andymel746
April 21st, 2012, 02:57 PM
finally i used it now. hehe wonderful skin:givahand:

hyuu
June 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
cool...i made a skin but yours is really cool..

x0xPhantomx0x
October 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
does it work on YM 11.5? or just YM 11?

jerico
November 5th, 2013, 06:25 AM
awesome tx....