PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Nicodemus Zamoran
April 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hi. My name is Nicodemus Zamoran, but you may call me Nic. Found this site posted in the description of one of Mr. Grim's Windows 7 themes. The particular one being XTreme Red, which I am using now. Currently, I've been trying to figure out how to make my own themes, pretty much like the ones Mr. Grim and other theme makers have created. I don't know how yet, but I'm working on figuring it out. I've got minor graphical experience. My main talent lies with certain things, like text and abstract kaleidescopic art. I plan on figuring out how to do more.

Currently a college student, college tutor, and massive gamer. Due to these, I may not be online much, particularly due to the first two. Going for Information Technologies. Kinda grew up around computers.

Current laptop stats:

Windows 7 Home Premium
4GB DDR3 Memory
Intel Core i3-350M Processor
640GB HDD
15.6" 16:9 HD LED LCD

It's a Gateway, rather new, and runs as fast as the day I got it. I'm looking for new ways to customize the computer's internal looks, which is why I'm trying to learn how to make themes.

That's all I have to say for now. Later.

bigcyco1
April 29th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Hi Nic and welcome to Virtual Customs we are glad to have you! :smile: As far as making themes go You would first off need Windows 7 Style Builder and Photoshop or gimp and then start looking at the great tutorial by DaveSenior if you have any other questions just ask take care, happy customizing!! :smile:

Nicodemus Zamoran
April 29th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Thank you. I guess all I have to do is manage to get Windows 7 style builder, then, as I already have Photoshop,

bgjerlow designs
April 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Hello Nic, welcome to Virtual Customs :)

As Bigcyco1 said, you will need Windows Style Builder to do themes. You can purchase it here: http://vistastylebuilder.com/windows7.html
Also, once you have acquired WSB, you might wanna take a look at Dave Senior's big WSB locations guide which tells you what locations in WSB you have to modify for changing certain parts/images of a theme: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139)

Also, keep in mind that WSB only accepts transparent PNG's, so you cannot use jpeg, bmp etc. formats in to replace the msstyles images
Let us know if you have any further questions ;)

Nicodemus Zamoran
April 29th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah... One. You know where I can get it without using paypal?

I use Walmart Money Card, and when I tried to place money in my paypal using it, it would not work. Thus, I can't use paypal because I have neither a bank account, nor a regular credit card.

bgjerlow designs
April 29th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah... One. You know where I can get it without using paypal?

I use Walmart Money Card, and when I tried to place money in my paypal using it, it would not work. Thus, I can't use paypal because I have neither a bank account, nor a regular credit card.
As far as I know, it can only be bought via Paypal. You could try to contact the author of the application though and ask him if there is an alternative way you could pay