PDA

View Full Version : Been lurking here a while!

foxdenvixen
May 29th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking on this site for a while now and finally got the courage to start customizing my own themes. I live in Parker CO in the US and am a freelance web designer with a bachelor's degree in I.T. I am probably the oldest person on this site if not one of the oldest. I remember when JFK was assassinated! I am also female if you couldn't tell by my name - FoxdenVixen. Real name is Cori. I hope to be able to post a lot of themes as I learn from this site. My first venture is a Pirates of the Caribbean theme and then plan on a green dragon theme (love dragons!!!). The tools I use are Adobe CS5 (use Photoshop occasionally but prefer Fireworks) Vista Style Builder 1.4, and my imagination. I will probably have lots of questions down the road. I like to take an existing theme, tear it apart and learn from it that way. :smile:

bigcyco1
May 29th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Hello and welcome to V.C. we are glad to have you with us :smile: If you wanting to learn to make themes you have came to the right place. ;) As,far as the tools you mention you are using to create your themes all those are fine and most of us use photoshop except Vista Style Builder is a bit out dated it will work but i would really recommend you upgrade to the most current version which is Windows 7 Style Builder 1.5.0.0 :cool:

nofx1994
May 29th, 2011, 01:30 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2qvrw55.jpg

Welcome to the site foxdenvixen it is great to hear you are thinking about doing a theme my fiance she also does themes from time to time and it is always great to see another female builder added to our great site, and as bigcyco said dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions because their is a world of knowledge on this site and some fantastic builders to help.

Raven Jett
May 29th, 2011, 01:36 AM
YAY! Another female builder! You couldn't be in better hands on this site. Everyone is awesome and will help you out in any way we can.Can't wait to see the Pirates theme...love those movies!

Big V
May 29th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Welcome to forum and hope you enjoy it here. If you need any help just ask we have alot of very helpful people here. Here is a very good tut to help get ya started viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139)

Mr GRiM
May 29th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hi Cori, welcome to our community, hope you enjoy your stay with us :smile:

bgjerlow designs
May 29th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hello Cori, welcome to VC. If you need any help creating your themes, don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to seeing your work :)

soGooD
May 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hi and welcome to VC , Cori. Have a nice stay. See you arround /wave .

foxdenvixen
May 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Yay Raven, another female builder! It seems that we girls are a minority when it comes to this type of stuff. I have a very creative mind and love to let it run free with either web stuff or my jewelry stuff. My websites are www.foxdenwebsolutions.com (http://www.foxdenwebsolutions.com) for the web design and www.foxdencreations.com (http://www.foxdencreations.com) for the jewelry that I make. I am not one that likes to take things slowly. I prefer to jump right in and figure out the difficult stuff right away. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and exchanging ideas and learning from the best customizers out there. :happy:

soGooD
May 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM
hey, pretty nice websites you got there Cori :P I especially like the one with your jewelery designs & creations, you definitely came to the right place to improve your creative skills ^^

Raven Jett
May 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I love your bead work! I have always wanted to do that,but right now I am trying to concentrate on photography and graphic art. It's going to be nice having another female on the site....I was starting to wonder if there were ever going to be any females that were brave enough to take on such a male dominated area. These guys are amazing and so supportive and they truly know what they are doing. I am very proud to be apart of this site and I am sure you are going to be very happy with how great everyone is here.