PDA

View Full Version : Administrator Icon in Win7

daveje9
June 7th, 2011, 11:53 PM
This is really an interesting icon because it pops up whenever an administrator level action is required; its usually a blue and yellow shield superimposed on tabs, etc. and until recently I had it customized - the red shield from Mr Grimm's glass red pack is the 'de facto symbol' of my system; and it was posted wherever an administrator action was required; a really cool bit of customization!
Well; I installed a theme with new icons; uninstalled and re-installed the glass red icon pack and now I dont have a clue how to get the red shield back as administrator icon. I went into imageres.dll with resource hacker and tried to replace the windows default with the red icon but resource hacker says "out of resources"

Any ideas?
Also; Im wondering how you developers change the windows logo on the system info page?

HaCkthEplAneT
June 8th, 2011, 12:02 AM
to change the windows logo on the system properties page you need to edit your shellbrd.dll file located in C:\Windows\Branding\Shellbrd\shellbrd.dll You need to edit image #4 in the bitmap folder

daveje9
June 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
WOW - Thanx a lot !!!!

:smile: