PDA

View Full Version : Blade Base

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
OK I did a version of Blade using the Base msstyles and I also edited the Base shellstyle a little just to add the animated details pane, if you guys want to use it as a base style to work on for your own themes then feel welcome.

I have also included a version of my own Class maps with the new base classmaps and 1.6 updates, it has the stuff I renamed in my other classmap updates in it as well for those who have been more use to using them, it also includes the custom backgrounds for explorer in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background

nofx1994
June 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM
very cool grim thanks i have looked at the new map but not really gone to much with it yet i plan on my next theme using it to get use to it

bigcyco1
June 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks Mark i will give it a try i did same as Harvey i looked at it but it's a bit different than what i am use to going to take some time to get use to for me. lmao

robyroby
June 15th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Thank you very much bud :happy: I am using it for my new theme , and I must say that is a plesure to work with it :cool:

Hellcat
June 26th, 2011, 07:43 AM
:flirt: I'm curious therefore look watch :"> :p thank you Mark :tu:

Dsmemberd
August 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks man but the Blade Base.7z is broken

Mr GRiM
August 23rd, 2011, 01:09 AM
File updated, should be good now :smile:

Dsmemberd
August 27th, 2011, 11:24 PM
now it works perfectly :) thx

rezhakzer
November 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
nice one mr grim ill have to give it a try and see how different vsb is after
cheers rezhakzer

sete
November 1st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you Mark.: Tu:

chopper13
December 24th, 2011, 06:17 AM
just spent an hour with WSB using MrGrims maps.I gotta hand it to you mate.Hell of a nice job!:Smile:so much easier to get around a theme and find stuff.This should be the standerd for WSB!IMO:happy:

Letícia®
December 30th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I found it very interesting, but how it works:girl:

designfjotten
February 20th, 2012, 11:11 AM
this file dont work for me, nothing happens..

gor17981
May 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
this file dont work for me, nothing happens..

Shoot me a pm bud, maybe i can help :)

Harvey Sewdin
May 28th, 2012, 05:17 PM
You must place the .xml files here, in your installation folder of windows style builder:

AveApps\Windows Style Builder\Data\Win7

jhgenius01
July 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
These are different to the Panda X XML changes on vistastylebuilder.com right? Which ones should I use? I think I'm already using Mr GRiM's but wanted to see if there was any comparison.

sylas
December 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hey thanks a lot for the hard work you must have put into this! But unfortunately I am one of those people with a Creative Titanium and another unfortunate matter is I didn't read the part about Creative cards until I was seeing the problem first hand. I've managed to uninstall everything because I was dealing with some weird stuff...Not your fault but mine..big time. So anyways I cant seem to remove the one component that's giving me grief. And that is the logon screen with modified sounds. I've tried to remove it with 7tsp and it says it's removed but that picture and sound are still there when I reboot. I"m going to keep trying new things right now, but could you please direct me to where those files and settings are. Then I'll just remove them manually. I can't do a system restore because I recently bought a new SSD and I disabled it thinking I was protecting the drive :( wooops. Anyway thanks again.

peter.pan
December 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey thanks a lot for the hard work you must have put into this! But unfortunately I am one of those people with a Creative Titanium and another unfortunate matter is I didn't read the part about Creative cards until I was seeing the problem first hand. I've managed to uninstall everything because I was dealing with some weird stuff...Not your fault but mine..big time. So anyways I cant seem to remove the one component that's giving me grief. And that is the logon screen with modified sounds. I've tried to remove it with 7tsp and it says it's removed but that picture and sound are still there when I reboot. I"m going to keep trying new things right now, but could you please direct me to where those files and settings are. Then I'll just remove them manually. I can't do a system restore because I recently bought a new SSD and I disabled it thinking I was protecting the drive :( wooops. Anyway thanks again.

Hi ...Sylas...try this: http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/

peter.pan
December 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hi ...Sylas...try this: http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/

Hi again ....as for the sound just change it through the sounds settings ....:peace::dif:

sylas
December 5th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Thanks bud, for a while I was tripping out because I couldn't find out where the heck it was. I'm all good to go now. Thanks again!

badbonz
December 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
thanks for this using now:silence:

peter.pan
December 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks bud, for a while I was tripping out because I couldn't find out where the heck it was. I'm all good to go now. Thanks again!

We help when ever we can; We are V.C:dif:

zunege
February 25th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Thank You Mr:Smile:

Larmes de Crocodile
March 21st, 2013, 04:58 PM
There's a bug in Basic mode of VS.

Big V
March 21st, 2013, 06:03 PM
There's a bug in Basic mode of VS.

thats not a bug that is the expansion tab showing on taskbar because you have your icons centered to a very small area and have more apps open than the space you have chosen for the icons to display in that area, try running your registry cleaner as the one your showing is the default one from MS and does work in my copy of blade

Larmes de Crocodile
March 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
I know that that button isn't a bug. I tested this VS with Windows Style Builder, and after entering into Basic mode (not DWM) this button became blue, it looks not like it should look like.

IceBabee
March 22nd, 2013, 04:07 AM
Thank you.....thats awesome!!!!!! :)

tidakasli
September 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM
why i cant download the attachments files?? :(

dilipreddy3878
February 27th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Thanks man

dilipreddy3878
February 27th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Why can't I download the file

dilipreddy3878
February 27th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Why can't I download the attachment file

dilipreddy3878
February 27th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Interesting how it works

DeaconwolF
March 11th, 2015, 11:37 AM
hello Mr Grimm, big fan of your work, I hope to try and come up with something from your base theme.
Thanks for the great resource, question, are there any tutorials on creating custom themes ?
thanks again :)

Harvey Sewdin
March 11th, 2015, 12:05 PM
hello Mr Grimm, big fan of your work, I hope to try and come up with something from your base theme.
Thanks for the great resource, question, are there any tutorials on creating custom themes ?
thanks again :)

Here's a quick starting guide http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/40302-Themebuilding-getting-started,
more tutorials are mentioned in it :smile:

AnonymousLegion
July 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Thank you very much

Donkuz
September 1st, 2018, 10:29 AM
Theres no School like an old School to teach an old dog new trickz lol Thanks for sharing this Bro:Peace:Cheerz

TheArkive
January 31st, 2020, 07:41 AM
Am I correct in assuming that there have been so many changes in Windows ... that maintaining a "base" theme is much more difficult?

Donkuz
February 1st, 2020, 01:16 AM
Am I correct in assuming that there have been so many changes in Windows ... that maintaining a "base" theme is much more difficult? Yep there has been many changes to W10 since this tread was started in 2011 lol
it would be best to use Base that's already been updated and keep it up to date Mate, its good to see you back Man.

TheArkive
November 21st, 2020, 02:41 PM
Yep there has been many changes to W10 since this tread was started in 2011 lol
it would be best to use Base that's already been updated and keep it up to date Mate, its good to see you back Man.

I'll never completely disappear :P I'm around.

Every now and then i get the itch to dive back into undocumented windows theme land :D