PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Theme Resource Manager

hellfirefox
June 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm new on this forum but I find it very interesting and usefull!

So, I have a question for you :D

When I turn on my computer, all the things controled by Theme Resource Manager do not work ( like orb, the window of the caracter, ect ...). To make it work, I need each time to go in Windows setting and select my theme again... I use Fusion Theme, and all the folders needed are created (like explorer.exe, shll32.dll ect ...).

What can I do to fix it ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english ( poor frenchy ^^).

(I ve already searched on the web but I have not found a real solution...)

XXXxxxXXX
June 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I had a similar Problem. For me it was a wrong registry value at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F791A188-699D-4FD4-955A-EB59E89B1907}\InprocServer32 . The value standart linked to the wrong path. Maybe this could help you, too.

hellfirefox
June 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Thx for your answer, but can you tell me with what value I have to change the key?

I found nprocServer32 in :
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0000002F-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\InprocServer32

In, there are :

Default C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll
ThreadingModel Both

XXXxxxXXX
June 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I think this is the worng key. Isnt there the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F791A188-699D-4FD4-955A-EB59E89B1907}\InprocServer32 in your registry? If not you have to search for the path where you have installed Theme Resource Changer. If this doesn't bring any results, search for the Path without the driveletter. If this bring a result, change the value to the right path of theme recource changer.

hellfirefox
June 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I have finaly found HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F791A188-699D-4FD4-955A-EB59E89B1907}\InprocServer32 :afraid: ...

It was writen in default : Program Files\Theme Resource Changer\ThemeResourceChanger.dll and this is the correct path of the .dll
I have also tryed : C:\Program Files\Theme Resource Changer\ThemeResourceChanger.dll

But still no result... ThemeResourceChanger still work only after theme reloading, and not when I start windows ...

A last idea before I try to restore all my computer ? :grim:

XXXxxxXXX
June 18th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Do you have disabled the taskplaner? Im not sure, but I think theme resource changer use this to run the dll. If you have disabled the taskplaner you could try to enable it. Maybe this helps.

EDIT:

I had just one more idea: if you use the start orb changer you have to restore the standart orb before you use a theme with theme resource changer.

hellfirefox
June 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I have never used the start orb changer ^^ and I haven't taskplaner process ...
But I changed some dll with restorator so... Maybe I should restore all the dll I changed.
The problem is that I don't remember all the dll I have modified...

Thanks for your help but the only solution is probably to restore my computer :crying:

And if that doesn't work, I ll give it a head shot :evil:

_Deano_
June 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
run command promt as administrator and type in sfc /scannow , this will bring your files back to default

Big V
June 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Have you tried running sfc /scannow (do not forget the space between c and / in the promt box) in a command promt this will restore all your system files to the original state. You will need to repatch you system files after this for 3rd third party themes. Theme resource changer does not like to work if you have previously modified your files with other software like start orb changer

hellfirefox
June 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
run command promt as administrator and type in sfc /scannow , this will bring your files back to default

thx
This has solved all my issues, all without the orb ^^

hellfirefox
June 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Have you tried running sfc /scannow (do not forget the space between c and / in the promt box) in a command promt this will restore all your system files to the original state. You will need to repatch you system files after this for 3rd third party themes. Theme resource changer does not like to work if you have previously modified your files with other software like start orb changer

Yes, I ve done it correctly. I had to repatch the 3 .dll. I ve reinstalled Theme Resource Changer. When I start my computer, all issues have been fixed but not the problem with the start orb. However, I ve never modified the orb ...

Big V
June 19th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Have you looked in the the theme resource folder and check to see if there is an orb included in the theme and that it is right format. There should be three images in that folder named 6801.png, 6805.png, and 6809.png these should be in a folder marked explorer.exe inside the resource folder

hellfirefox
June 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Have you looked in the the theme resource folder and check to see if there is an orb included in the theme and that it is right format. There should be three images in that folder named 6801.png, 6805.png, and 6809.png these should be in a folder marked explorer.exe inside the resource folder

Yes I have, I use fusion by lefty 1981. Folders with png are in the right place and with the right name. Orb works correctly when I reload the theme. My problem is that it doesn't work when I turn ON my computer... :crying:

EDIT:

So the only solution that I have found is to ask Lefty if he can gimme his "orb.bmp".
I have patched my explorer.exe with it (even if I still use Theme Resource Changer :crying: ) and now all works great :happy: .

Thanks for your help!