PDA

View Full Version : Change icons for open programs?

silverspoons
June 19th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Wasn't sure if this is the right place, and has probably been asked before.43165

But on my superbar, the icons are changed when a program is closed, but revert to default whilst the program is open. Anyone got any ideas? :sigh:

bgjerlow designs
June 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah I've had that problem with a few apps as well. Is this app permanently pinned to the taskbar btw?

Here's what you can do to fix it:
Go to the apps install directory under Program Files. Find the exe in there, and then open the exe in Restorator (or a similar software) and change the icon
This should fix your problem. Finding which icon to replace in the exe shouldn't be too hard, just change the icons you can see that matches the default ones. Change those to your new ones, unpin the app from the taskbar, run the app, and re-pin it. Then you should be golden :)

silverspoons
June 23rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah, those 2 are pinned.
Thanks man. Will have a shot at that. :P

HaCkthEplAneT
June 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
you can also go into your start menus all programs > go the the program app you want to change > right click > properties > change icon > browse for your icon image > apply > ok

if the program is already pinned to the taskbar unpin the program and re-pin through the start menu. has always worked for me this way. its a lot better in my opinion than altering the images in the exe located in the program files.

bgjerlow designs
June 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
you can also go into your start menus all programs > go the the program app you want to change > right click > properties > change icon > browse for your icon image > apply > ok

if the program is already pinned to the taskbar unpin the program and re-pin through the start menu. has always worked for me this way. its a lot better in my opinion than altering the images in the exe located in the program files.
That will however most of the time only change the shortcut's icon and not the main apps. While it does work for most apps, there are some it doesn't on (iTunes for example)

But yeah, that's the main way you usually change the icon. Thanks for posting it btw, also good to have some extra information in this thread so that people in the future have more than one thing to try before giving up/posting a similar question on the forum ;)

lysy1993pl
June 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
You can also use 7 Conifier > http://fav.me/d2xsha2