PDA

View Full Version : Can't change logon screen anymore? :(

Dekudude
June 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hey there! I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and I have Stardock's LogonStudio installed.

I recently installed Mr. Grim's Blade Clash of the Titans II skin, and it changed my login screen. Now, that's fine and all, but now I can't change it back! I'm trying to use LoginStudio, but it simply won't change! I click "apply," and it's still the Blade login screen. How do I uninstall it? Thanks!

_Deano_
June 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
in LoginStudio is there not a reset back to default action.

Dekudude
June 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Not that I know of. If there is, I can't find it.

lysy1993pl
June 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Remove all images from X:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds\

then
Click Start, type gpedit.msc in the Search programs and files field, and then press ENTER.
In the Local Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, and then click Logon.
Double-click Always use custom logon background.
Select Enable (Enables custom logon background) or Disable (Disables custom logon background) , and then click OK.
and
The following registry entry configures the computer whether to use a custom welcome screen background:
Subkey name:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\BackgroundValue name: OEMBackground
Type: DWORD
Value: 1 (Enables custom logon background) or 0 (Disables custom logon background)

That should help, I think LogonStudio patch system file to change background (imageses.dll)
So try to Disable, if not work then try to Enable

Dekudude
June 19th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Simply deleting those files worked. Thanks so much!