PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Theme, What to do next?

W4NT3D
August 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hello guys, I just downloaded the Blade theme (about 12 different files) and now i really don't know what to do next, everything is put in to 1 folder. I've only done the 3 patches thing on my laptop, is there anything else i need to download? And is there a tutorial on how to do it? I am new to this Custom Windows 7 Themes and need some help. :idk:

Big V
August 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Ok once you have patched your system files to enable third party theme select the blade theme exe for your system either 86 or 64 bit depending on what your respective os is and run it. it will install the theme for you once it has completed right click your desktop and select personalize and select the theme in that section and your done with installing the theme. There is also several good tutorials posted in this section to help with getting everything you need installed http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1005-Theme-Extras-Setup-Tutorials

W4NT3D
August 6th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Ok once you have patched your system files to enable third party theme select the blade theme exe for your system either 86 or 64 bit depending on what your respective os is and run it. it will install the theme for you once it has completed right click your desktop and select personalize and select the theme in that section and your done with installing the theme. There is also several good tutorials posted in this section to help with getting everything you need installed http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1005-Theme-Extras-Setup-Tutorials

Thank you Big V, my theme is applied but i have come across another problem. I used 7TSP for my icons etc and they all been applied perfectly but everytime i turn my laptop on, the start orb changes back to default, the sound scheme for the blade theme doesn't work and the back/forward arrows in the windows explorer change back to default, the only way to get them to work is to click on theme resource changer then apply the theme again. Is there anything i can do so i don't have to keep re-applying the theme everytime i turn my laptop on?