PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon people...Noooooob here

Tng21
August 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
A good afternoon to everyone on here. My names Coopz and I've just signed up to this forum as lately I've just built myself a new computer and want to start getting creative with my desktop. I'm 31 and live in the UK and eagerly want to get creative with all things Pc.

Not been on windows 7 long ( since I built the computer about a month ago ) so new to all things 7. After finding out about Rocketdock and sorting one out for my desktop, I started indulging into making custom skins for the dock and messing with icons etc teaching myself how to. After getting to grips with it and finding it relatively easy I decided to have a go at making a theme for my desktop. And this is where I've got stuck lol

I downloaded a theme from the net, called "fusion" which I think is indeed on here. After applying that to my desktop it got me thinking it would be great to learn how to make one for myself.

So, I thought id sign up and find out what the crack is, and hope to find helpful people that will guide me into what I need to do. I love messing with Photoshop but am a novice in these kind of areas so any programs i need and advice to even start a project like this would be fantastic.

Coopz

Tng21
August 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
could someone possibly point me in a direction for threads that explain how i might go about even gettin started with designing a theme?

some good stuff on the site but i cant seem to find info on how i would actually start this process :ashamed:

Big V
August 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hello and welcome to VC Glad you have join us. We have many tutorial on the site for theme building. But first you will need a couple of program like windows style builder and restorator or reshack and a graphic editor like photoshop or gimp. Here is a complete guide to theme building also viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139 (http://www.virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139)

Tng21
August 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for replying.

I havent got the windows style builder but i do have a resources extract program ( for use to get the images out of dll files? and i have photoshop cs5.

I did look at that thread earlier but embarrasingly i have no idea what it all means lol :ashamed:

How long does it take for a theme to be built? on a "ish" timescale lol

Big V
August 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Well I'm am not a theme builder my self but from what I have seen some take as little as a week and others like Mr Grims hud and Razoredges rockstar theme took both of them way over a month with putting several hours a day in on them