PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the site

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2012, 06:06 AM
I just repaired and optimized the database and rebooted the server, see if that helps at all

8pecxstudios
March 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM
I just repaired and optimized the database and rebooted the server, see if that helps at all

Thanks Bud That Did The Trick

kidblitz
May 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered a while ago had to reset my password and now none of the links show says i need to register flippin thing i need muh toxic icons :superman:

8pecxstudios
May 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Registered a while ago had to reset my password and now none of the links show says i need to register flippin thing i need muh toxic icons :superman:

hi Bud This Will Answer Your Question OK Bud http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/39001-NEW-FORUM-ADD_ON-FOR-LURKERS-INACTIVE-MEMBERS?p=227075#post227075

Note: You Still Have To Meet The 10 post Requirement To See Images And Download Links Each Of The 10 Poats Must Be Approved First:Peace:

easel
May 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi i have been a member for a little while now and love the site by the way:beaut: however when i am logged in now i get the
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ??? i dont understand why, very frustating! please help?!:notfair: LOL!!!!!!! Many THanks & many thanks for such a wicked site! Keep up the fab work !

8pecxstudios
May 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hi i have been a member for a little while now and love the site by the way:beaut: however when i am logged in now i get the
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ??? i dont understand why, very frustating! please help?!:notfair: LOL!!!!!!! Many THanks & many thanks for such a wicked site! Keep up the fab work !

hi there please goto the Announcements section of the forum and read the first post on the page called NEW FORUM ADD_ON FOR LURKERS & INACTIVE MEMBERS

that should help bud

designfjotten
May 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi guy's

whats up with the site today? it keeps asking me if i wanna leave the page every time i post a new comment/post?

Anyone ells who get this?

Big V
May 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
i wouldn't have a clue what that would be. i would try running ccleaner and see if it a glitch in your browser cache

designfjotten
May 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
okai, can try that :) thanks for reply bud :)

edit: seems to be fixed now anyways, diddent get it now :D hehe lol

Harvey Sewdin
May 12th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hi guy's

whats up with the site today? it keeps asking me if i wanna leave the page every time i post a new comment/post?

Anyone ells who get this?

Thats is a small form error, the text box you are writing in is a form. When you write in a form and want to leave the page the browser will ask automaticly if you want to save the form or not.

This error is a bit different, i get this error every day, but not everytime i want to post.
hopefully resetting the cache would help (by doing this the original scripts of the site would refresh on your browser, which can remove some errors)

mania626
May 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
thank you ,was having the same problem

kaliyuga
May 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Im just trying ot post cos I go the following error message. Just a test...
An error has occurred kaliyuga! You must have 5 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 2.

kaliyuga
May 16th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Ok, it seems I can post here and achieve eventually the required number of posts in 45 days but I couldnt leave any message on any thread.

kaliyuga
May 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sorry of the inconvenience and these annoying messages but Im trying to check again if I can post or not. Just read the new rules..sorry again. Forgive me.

Big V
May 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Just keep in mind the first ten post weather you are in the lurker group or newly registered still have to be approved by the mods before they actually count on your post count.
And yes the mod do have to physically read each post first before approval. It not done automatically
We try very hard to take care of these as quickly as possible but their are times when their are not mods present and may take a few hours before they get approved.
Normally its not more than about 2 or 3 hours at the most before one of us are present.
The mods of VC are all volunteers and have separate life's outside the forum so just keep this in mind when posting you might have a small wait till one of us have time to be on the site and approve the post.
Thanks everyone for your understanding

glassyeyed
July 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sometimes randomly when I am composing a post then upload an image(s) from my computer if I click the "Go Advanced" button to preview my post the forum page will turn completely white & blank and seem to freeze with the only solution being to click the "Post Quick Reply" button to preview my post then edit my post if necessary.

Edit: I tried to post a screenie but naturally everything is working as it should ATM, will post one if happens again.

chickensoup
July 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I know this issue isn't mission critical, but of course we all know how important it is to keep a professional presence on the web :)

On the forum root, I found two typos that need fixing. Here's an image for prospective

Help Support VC by purchasing one the great Premium themes from our shop.

Should read

Help Support VC by purchasing one of our great Premium themes from our shop.

Same here

Check Out the Great Premium Themes and Free Extras

Should read

Check Out our Great Premium Themes and Free Extras

Just trying to help :no1:

Danice
August 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I'm having some problem registering on this http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/index.php lol. it says something about "bot" :worried:

razorsedge
August 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I'm having some problem registering on this http://virtualcustoms.net/virtualcustoms/index.php lol. it says something about "bot" :worried:

I am not sure you can still register there bud lol

thats the old site we just keep it around for nostalgic purposes to show we started there to where we are now thats prob why ur not being able to register lol

Danice
August 10th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I am not sure you can still register there bud lol

thats the old site we just keep it around for nostalgic purposes to show we started there to where we are now thats prob why ur not being able to register lol

LOL argg! i tot everyone active there. lol

Harvey Sewdin
August 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM
You cant register there anymore danice, its the old vc. you can only login if you already had an account. We dont use it so much anymore bud, so you wont be missing a thing :smile:

August 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
is the forum having issues or were there changes made without informing the membership? i went to click on new post and it isn't there.

Mr GRiM
August 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
yeah that was a mod, that feature used to be the old vbulletin versions but it was removed long ago, I installed a mod that did the same thing but the new updates added new features that caused conflicts and it was disabled automatically during the update, I did enable it again but I noticed there were duplicate notifications, there is still a new post link on the toolbar under the navigation bar, there is also a updated whats new in the navigation bar that is pretty nice

August 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), thanks i found the new post button. the what's new is nice. if i have to or want to fix a post i just made makes it easier to find. thanks for the info.

Mr GRiM
August 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
No worries mate, I just edited the option a bit on whats new, I made it so the posts expire after 7 days, default was 30 but I did set it to 60 at first before I knew what it was, I also increased the amount of the post it will display there, I can set it to show all of the post but not sure if that is something everyone wants, it also makes the ispy mod a bit redundant so if you don't really use it then maybe I should disable that one now

August 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
No worries mate, I just edited the option a bit on whats new, I made it so the posts expire after 7 days, default was 30 but I did set it to 60 at first before I knew what it was, I also increased the amount of the post it will display there, I can set it to show all of the post but not sure if that is something everyone wants, it also makes the ispy mod a bit redundant so if you don't really use it then maybe I should disable that one now

on the what's new i think 7 days is good. new post i think should be only post made since a member last logged in, but limited to x amount of days. as for ispy i think i've use it maybe 2 times, but others may use it way more often. maybe take a poll.

8pecxstudios
August 16th, 2012, 10:30 PM
here guys this might help tho's who cant see it

there are 2 ways to see new posts both marked with red arrows :)

Ekleipsis
August 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Ok i'm not sure if this one will get through...when i tried to create a topic it said "an error occured you cannot post links before 5 post" and i didnt have any links! not sure what is happening...

Thanks!

Ekleipsis
August 23rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh well this one got through...i'll try to start a new topic again in another section!

August 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
hey guys what is gong on with the png's on the site? they are mammoth. gif's and jpg's all seem to be displaying normally. i already checked other sites and it is only here that the png's are mammoth.

Big V
August 24th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I shot grim a message this morning and have not heard back from him yet
I know yesterday mark was messing with highslide option for images on the site so that would be my guess also guys as it is messing up for me also
I don't have a clue on how to fix it I guess we will just have to wait till mark returns as he is away at the present but i'm sure it wont be very long wait guys

August 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Big V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), thanks a lot. looks good now.

now i have a request, and not a problem. is there anyway to get the default profile page to be the "visitor messages" page again instead of the "my activity" page. the site update must of changed it.

Big V
August 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Chuck I'm not sure bud. That will be a question for mark to answer since he has been the one doing all of the site changes as of lately. But I will make sure he sees your question bud

Krunkscooters
August 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Is anyone else getting a "panda cloud antivirus" warning when they try to visit the main page? It looks like a scam, but i have no idea what it is, or why it won't allow me to go to the main page.

Mr GRiM
August 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
OK should be back to the way it was now, just had to add a new plugin to change it back to Visitor Messaging for the default tab :)

Mr GRiM
August 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Is anyone else getting a "panda cloud antivirus" warning when they try to visit the main page? It looks like a scam, but i have no idea what it is, or why it won't allow me to go to the main page.

No I have no idea what that's about mate can you post a screen shot?

August 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
OK should be back to the way it was now, just had to add a new plugin to change it back to Visitor Messaging for the default tab :)

cool Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) that was so fast i almost got whiplash. thanks
lol

Mr GRiM
August 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM
No worries Chuck :smile:

designfjotten
September 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
hi :) i have had some problems with attatchments the past weeks, cant seem too get them in the post only at the en of each post :( anyone els have this problem?

Harvey Sewdin
September 4th, 2012, 06:48 PM
hi :) i have had some problems with attatchments the past weeks, cant seem too get them in the post only at the en of each post :( anyone els have this problem?

Well so far i dont have any problems with attachments bud, if its a site error i'm sure grim will fix it. In the meantime you can try clearing your cache and post again.

designfjotten
September 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Well so far i dont have any problems with attachments bud, if its a site error i'm sure grim will fix it. In the meantime you can try clearing your cache and post again.

dont think its a cache problem tho, what happens is, i hit the image icon for inserting in a image, and the up-loader box appears, wen i hit upload, it uploads the image, but its not put in the post, but at the bottom as an attachment instead, then i try too go to advance and put in in from there, from the attachments box, but after i selected the image and hit the insert button, nothing happens :)

_alex_
September 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
dont think its a cache problem tho, what happens is, i hit the image icon for inserting in a image, and the up-loader box appears, wen i hit upload, it uploads the image, but its not put in the post, but at the bottom as an attachment instead, then i try too go to advance and put in in from there, from the attachments box, but after i selected the image and hit the insert button, nothing happens :)

Same problem here, already mentioned.
Maybe coz i use Firefox 18.0a1?

I follow exactly the guide(is a walk in the park :-) )

Nevermind, works like a charm now!! :Smile:

Mr GRiM
September 4th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Seems to be working fine for me.

Using Firefox v15 and Waterfox v15

What version are you using and what site style, have you tried using another browser?

MOST_WASTED
September 4th, 2012, 11:51 PM
hi guys i was browsing through the site styles and i tried the mobile style thing at the end and now everything is well it doesnt look right, ya i know i guess my desktop isnt a mobile Lol. anyway i cant change it back i dont see the options at the bottom of the page anymore. any help please, sorry for this newbie problem

oops nevermind. full site i guess was the one to click on. sorry for the bother guys

designfjotten
September 5th, 2012, 06:01 AM

Seems to be working fine for me.
Using Firefox v15 and Waterfox v15
What version are you using and what site style, have you tried using another browser?

Have the latest firefox i think, 15.0 is it :) but if its just me i bet this is my fault :) hehe, ill try and upload a image and test it :) thanks for reply guy's :)

just tryed, but still the same thing :(

Xian75
September 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I have recently registered to this site maybe a couple weeks ago. Everything looked normal. Now every download link says I need to be a registered and active member. When I click the button it says I already am a registered member. Is there some thing I have not done or need to do to fix this?

8pecxstudios
September 8th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I have recently registered to this site maybe a couple weeks ago. Everything looked normal. Now every download link says I need to be a registered and active member. When I click the button it says I already am a registered member. Is there some thing I have not done or need to do to fix this?

Hi Bud Refresh your page and try to download some thing see if you get the same message if you do can you please post a screen shoot thanks:happy:

Xian75
September 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I tried to refresh it didn't change anything. I use Firefox; so I tried Chrome and both show the same thing. Here's the screenshot.

When I click on click here to register I get this, but I have already logged in.

Big V
September 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I tried to refresh it didn't change anything. I use Firefox; so I tried Chrome and both show the same thing. Here's the screenshot.

When I click on click here to register I get this, but I have already logged in.
I just looked at your membership and it looks like you have not completed the registration process by clicking the link in the email the site sent your email account when you first signed up I resent the confirmation email to you hopefully that will take care of your problem

Xian75
September 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
OK thank you. I am waiting for the email.

Big V
September 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
i sent it to your addy @embarq....... that you signed up with if you need it sent to a different email pm me

_alex_
September 9th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hey Masters,

sorry to bother you again, but i have again problems inserting images into post between text, it goes every time on the bottom as attachment :evil:

In fact here you find a screen of the uploader, i remember few weeks ago i have a button to choose "Insert on-line" to properly put the image where my cursor is on the post(and after that appears where was the cursor the HTML tag for ATTACHMENT with a random number), and it works!

Now is disappeared, and after few nowadays tests (with Nightly 18.0.1 it goes always on bottom and no HTML tag for attachment :??:??) and with explorer 9 works flawlessy and soooo slowly just the first time(with the insert image button).... then back as Nightly issue

Can you help Masters?

Big thanks!

Big V
September 10th, 2012, 12:24 AM
once you upload your image close the upload pane. next click the right edge of paperclip you should see another little flyout appear click it to place your image in the post

September 10th, 2012, 01:09 AM
once you upload your image close the upload pane. next click the right edge of paperclip you should see another little flyout appear click it to place your image in the post

i've beem having this issue on another vb site using ff 16. i just tested ie9 over there and it worked perfectly. now with ff i have never had this prob before so something has either changed with ff or some vb update isn't playing nice with ff. since that site is the latest vb and you guys just did updates my money is on it being a setting or prob in vb and not in ff.

razorsedge
September 10th, 2012, 05:21 AM
i've beem having this issue on another vb site using ff 16. i just tested ie9 over there and it worked perfectly. now with ff i have never had this prob before so something has either changed with ff or some vb update isn't playing nice with ff. since that site is the latest vb and you guys just did updates my money is on it being a setting or prob in vb and not in ff.

Yep get this issue myself on waterfox for the last week or so pics upload fine in the window but cannot be insterted afterwords in the post, the fly out is there and clicking it won't instert them anymore only way around it I have found is by doing the post uping the images and having them come as attachements at the bottom then I submit the post and have to go back and hit edit post am then able to insert the images inbetween text I have been on the same browser for a long while now waterfox 15 it was fine problem cropped up about 4 or 5 days ago.

_alex_
September 10th, 2012, 05:28 AM

that's what i'm doing Big V, and nothing happens....
how i've said, time ago when doing this appears a Html code for attachment with a random number, now nothing and image goes on the bottom as attachment!

i'll try with ff15 or 16 and report later :Smile:

September 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
that's what i'm doing Big V, and nothing happens....
how i've said, time ago when doing this appears a Html code for attachment with a random number, now nothing and image goes on the bottom as attachment!

i'll try with ff15 or 16 and report later :Smile:

no point in testing it with ff 15 or 16 since i already tested it with 16. i'm sure it is the latest vb updates. i'd bet on that.

Big V
September 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
ok alex that explain it better I was thinking you were over looking the button... my bad I'm sorry.
I havn't experienced the issue your describing so I'm not sure whats going on with that.
Mark if it helps out any I'm still on waterfox 14 and havn't seen this error yet

Mr GRiM
September 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Before you insert your image just try clicking on the switch editor to source mode button, that's the button on the far left with the 2 A's on it and try inserting your image as code and see if that works.

_alex_
September 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
ok alex that explain it better I was thinking you were over looking the button... my bad I'm sorry.
I havn't experienced the issue your describing so I'm not sure whats going on with that.
Mark if it helps out any I'm still on waterfox 14 and havn't seen this error yet

Before you insert your image just try clicking on the switch editor to source mode button, that's the button on the far left with the 2 A's on it and try inserting your image as code and see if that works.

Hey Masters,

thanks for be so active...
I dunno what's happening, one hour ago i've tried Mr. Grim suggestions with no luck at all.... then i give up for dinner, after that i plan to record a video to post it, but crap during the video works, some like "smile we are recording..." lmao2
So i modified my theme post, and there working too.... have you guys modified smthg or is my Firefox dumb?
In Explorer same issue, and this is a few days new Ultimate MSDN clean installation.....:idk:

Anyway Thanks for your support, this shows how fantastic and friendly is this forum, the best til now!!!

If happens again, i'll try to go deeply and post a video this time :D

Mr GRiM
September 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
No worries guys, I always use that to make my posts anyway, I don't like wysiwyg :cheeky:

HitMeDoN
October 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
I get logged out whenever I try to download http://www.virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=37915&d=1287795831

Mr GRiM
October 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
I get logged out whenever I try to download http://www.virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=37915&d=1287795831

Your not getting logged out, it is because that link has the www. in it and the site doesn't need www. can you give me the link on that thread and I will fix it, for now though you can download it by taking out the www. http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=37915&d=1287795831

HitMeDoN
October 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Your not getting logged out, it is because that link has the www. in it and the site doesn't need www. can you give me the link on that thread and I will fix it, for now though you can download it by taking out the www. http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=37915&d=1287795831

Here mate http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/31299-70-black-patterns-v1_0-by-br

October 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM
good day, i have been trying to download hammerjack's fire storm for 2 days now without any luck. i ran a test on snow storm yesterday and the same thing. so i ran a test on nofx's sands of time and it downloaded fine. i went out to other forums that have files uploaded directly to them and tried several files without problems. when this problem first popped up hammerjack and big v couldn't download the file either, but since then hammer reupped and tested the download and go it fine. i don't know if big v got it or not. i'm running waterfox. i asked my roommate to login and try the download and he got the same thing, he's running firefox 13. i tested in ie9 as well and get download interrupted. below is the message we get from firefox. i'm beginning to think it's something on both ends not playing nice with eachother. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks

"C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\xf377w3R.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

Big V
October 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
good day, i have been trying to download hammerjack's fire storm for 2 days now without any luck. i ran a test on snow storm yesterday and the same thing. so i ran a test on nofx's sands of time and it downloaded fine. i went out to other forums that have files uploaded directly to them and tried several files without problems. when this problem first popped up hammerjack and big v couldn't download the file either, but since then hammer reupped and tested the download and go it fine. i don't know if big v got it or not. i'm running waterfox. i asked my roommate to login and try the download and he got the same thing, he's running firefox 13. i tested in ie9 as well and get download interrupted. below is the message we get from firefox. i'm beginning to think it's something on both ends not playing nice with eachother. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks

"C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\xf377w3R.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."
Chuck we are aware of the issue and me and grim are working on it currently sorry for the problems bud
it appears it not only just that one file we are finding a few others also with issues

October 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Big V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V) no worries here. sorry to hear other files are involved, but the good news sounds like it's just the vb software and not peeps browser configuration as well. makes it a little easier to solve. thank for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Mr GRiM
October 18th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I would prefer if it was a problem your end, I can download all the files no worries and I am trying to find a cause but honestly I have no clue how to fix it, I think for large files it is probably just best to host them on a file share site.

October 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I would prefer if it was a problem your end, I can download all the files no worries and I am trying to find a cause but honestly I have no clue how to fix it, I think for large files it is probably just best to host them on a file share site.

my original thought was maybe because of the file size. do you know of any other files hosted here besides hammerjack's storm series that are over 25 megs? i'd be more than happy to attempt to download and see if it does it for them?

Mr GRiM
October 18th, 2012, 04:39 PM
my original thought was maybe because of the file size. do you know of any other files hosted here besides hammerjack's storm series that are over 25 megs? i'd be more than happy to attempt to download and see if it does it for them?

There are a few here you can try http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/41091-A-Few-Wire-Albums?p=238414#post238414

October 18th, 2012, 04:57 PM
There are a few here you can try http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/41091-A-Few-Wire-Albums?p=238414#post238414

ChuckysChild, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Mr GRiM
October 18th, 2012, 06:22 PM
sorry mate try this one instead http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38864-300-Babes-Wallpapers?p=224841#post224841

October 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), yeah same thing. if it helps the prob starts at 20 or so megs downloaded.

_alex_
October 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), yeah same thing. if it helps the prob starts at 20 or so megs downloaded.

Hey Guys,

works well here, but DLing stops the Surf of the VC forum, others site working well...

the speed is approx 1 Mb/s :Smile:

faizalotai
October 18th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hey Guys,

works well here, but DLing stops the Surf of the VC forum, others site working well...

the speed is approx 1 Mb/s :Smile:

I have to clear my cookies if i want to surf again..if not it gave me an error page but the downloading working fine

October 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
i'm not convinced it's just the site. i tried fire storm on creativx and it did the same thing. i tried the cookie cleaning along with cache ckeaning, both using ccleaner and doing it manually and got the same results.

faizalotai
October 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
i'm not convinced it's just the site. i tried fire storm on creativx and it did the same thing. i tried the cookie cleaning along with cache ckeaning, both using ccleaner and doing it manually and got the same results.

Did you use any of download tools software like IDM?

October 18th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Did you use any of download tools software like IDM?

i just downloaded the latest orbit downloader, already had jdownloader portable. i tested with both and the same thing. went to another site with rar files and no prob with ff's builtin, orbit or jdownloader.

deviantdon
October 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM
help all my themes and the theme thread you created for me are gone???? im freaking out here....have i done something wrong?

Big V
October 19th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Don I'm not sure what is going on with them since i have not spoke with mark this morning
I know he has been working on a few site issues we have been having lately
I do see they have been moved to the staff area but i have no idea why bud till i'm able to speak with mark

October 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM
i just downloaded the latest orbit downloader, already had jdownloader portable. i tested with both and the same thing. went to another site with rar files and no prob with ff's builtin, orbit or jdownloader.

the problem still exist. after extensive testing i'm sure it is the forum software. just got cutoff here at 60 megs twice.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/45699-(alienware-2030-THE-NEW-BEGIN)

Mr GRiM
October 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM
the problem still exist. after extensive testing i'm sure it is the forum software. just got cutoff here at 60 megs twice.

I still don't know the cause of this problem, I have noticed the site is being heavily restricted while downloading files, for example if I want to load another page while downloading a file it just hangs until the download is complete, I am also using IDM (Internet Download Manager) and I have not had a problem getting the whole file but I used to get 8 open connections but now it will only give me one open connection so there is definitely some limiting factor restricting the amount of open connections for any one user.

The only problem is I don't know what or where to change that or even when the problem started, I have been trying to fix other problems on the site for months now and honestly I am not a web master, I really have no clue about any of this server stuff, I look at Google for help and try many things so I have probably completely stuffed the server, so maybe at some point we might have to just backup the site and get the host to give us a clean slate and start over, I could get a fully managed server but the cost is a lot more, preferably I need to get someone who knows their stuff and can set everything up but that also costs lots of money.

I might have to talk to our service provider about the problems and see if they can do anything, maybe see if they can back up the site and get rid of Plesk and install cPanel instead, cPanel seems a lot more configurable and user friendly then Plesk but it also isn't free like Plesk is, I guess you get what you pay for, also starting to wonder if we should change from Linux to a Windows based server OS as there are some limitations I have noticed with file sizes on Linux, for example I had a large folder containing thousands of error logs and was unable to delete the folder because it was too large.

I really want to be able to fix the problems on the site but with my limited knowledge I do not want to touch anything else in case I end up doing more harm then good, as it seems that's all I have done so far.

October 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I really want to be able to fix the problems on the site but with my limited knowledge I do not want to touch anything else in case I end up doing more harm then good, as it seems that's all I have done so far.

grim i'm more apt to believe a bug in the vb software itself. remember i tried to download the fire storm side panels from creatvx and got the same thing. part of the problem may be because of something you and thebull did on your respective forums, but it's unlikely you both created the exact same problem. it is far more likely it's a bug in vb.

HammerJack
October 21st, 2012, 02:41 AM
grim i'm more apt to believe a bug in the vb software itself.

Well it's a strange one alright.
Out of hundreds of downloads of the 6 sets of the STORM series, only one person has experienced an interrupted download.
Chucky.... What am I going to do with you? I tried to tell you if you would start feeding your puppy he would stop chewing on all you cables around the house..Whaahaaa...

Mark, Does this thing have a refresh, or a reset button?
If all else fails remember.. Try picking it up and start shaking it, lol...

mansrm81
October 21st, 2012, 06:52 AM

hmm weird I can download it just fine.

October 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Well it's a strange one alright.
Out of hundreds of downloads of the 6 sets of the STORM series, only one person has experienced an interrupted download.
Chucky.... What am I going to do with you? I tried to tell you if you would start feeding your puppy he would stop chewing on all you cables around the house..Whaahaaa...

Mark, Does this thing have a refresh, or a reset button?
If all else fails remember.. Try picking it up and start shaking it, lol...

hmm weird I can download it just fine.

guy's it is in vb and or the server software and not this end. i'm not the only one that had the problem. we all know most peeps won't bother to do the right thing and report a problem they're having on a forum. like i said i've gone out and tested extensively, and the problem only happens with files directly uploaded to vb forums. then you have my roommate who is also having the problem. we have different versions of firefox, and different addons. plus look at the message, it's a message about the server. just leave the issue for now grim will get it figured out between himself and his server host.
HammerJack (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/200603-HammerJack), personally i prefer using a large rubber mallet to picking it up and shaking it. lol

Big V
October 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
Steve it not only Hammer and Chucky I have the issue also
The other day I tried downloading numerous files as mark messed with the site settings
I never was able to complete a download from the site without it erring out before it completed

Steve I just tried downloading Hammer's mui sidepanels pics again and this is what I get between 20mb to 22mb each time I have tried it
D:\My Downloads\Fire_STORM_Mui_SideImages.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Mark even repacked the original files using 7zip the other day to compress the file size down some and reuploaded them back to the site it didn't make a difference. I still got that same error

October 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Big V (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V), one more thing it's doesn't seem to matter about the file extension type, cause the following has .rar and .zip and neither item will finish downloading.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/45699-(alienware-2030-THE-NEW-BEGIN)?highlight=2030

Big V
October 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Chuck it has to be random also I just tried both files, the theme and the bootskin from that link and had no issue with either bud

October 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Chuck it has to be random also I just tried both files, the theme and the bootskin from that link and had no issue with either bud

yeah from some i've actually got to talk and myself it does seem to be random.

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Think I may have fixed the download problem now, pages should also load faster, I found file-based sessions in PHP cause all requests from the same client to be processed sequentially in a queue, rather than in parallel, this meant only one image could be loaded at a time, or if you were downloading a file, it would only allow 1 connection so download accelerators didn't work, plus it would not load a new page if you were downloading a file.

Now I changed the Session storage mechanism to memory and everything is working as it should, I guess I must have changed that setting at some point for some reason, well at least now I know what it does lol.

October 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), well good news and bad news. first i tried alien 2030 again and got to 62.8mb instead of under 26mb before getting the error message. second to be able to reply here after the error i didn't have to close and reopen firefox this time. third the pages do load a lot faster.

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), well good news and bad news. first i tried alien 2030 again and got to 62.8mb instead of under 26mb before getting the error message. second to be able to reply here after the error i didn't have to close and reopen firefox this time. third the pages do load a lot faster.

OK so at least we are making progress then and we now know it's a server problem and not VB, can you try a couple of the downloads you started having the problems with, the MUI side image packs and see if you still have errors

October 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
o.k. fire storm said it was downloaded, rightclicked and went to properties and it only downloaded 5.83mb. went to the snow storm thread, tried to download but had to refresh the page to get it to start, errored out at about 20mb.

EDIT:

i just checked the snow storm and from what i can tell it actually downloaded even though i got the error message. opened with winrar just fine. properties say it is 22.6mb.

8pecxstudios
October 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Think I may have fixed the download problem now, pages should also load faster, I found file-based sessions in PHP cause all requests from the same client to be processed sequentially in a queue, rather than in parallel, this meant only one image could be loaded at a time, or if you were downloading a file, it would only allow 1 connection so download accelerators didn't work, plus it would not load a new page if you were downloading a file.

Now I changed the Session storage mechanism to memory and everything is working as it should, I guess I must have changed that setting at some point for some reason, well at least now I know what it does lol.

yay no more page timeouts woot woot gr8 work:money::happy:

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
o.k. fire storm said it was downloaded, rightclicked and went to properties and it only downloaded 5.83mb. went to the snow storm thread, tried to download but had to refresh the page to get it to start, errored out at about 20mb.

EDIT:

i just checked the snow storm and from what i can tell it actually downloaded even though i got the error message. opened with winrar just fine. properties say it is 22.6mb.

I still don't know why your having the problem but I use IDM and have no problems, you could try using that or a free one here http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ not tried this one but should work just as well

Mr GRiM
October 24th, 2012, 02:10 PM
yay no more page timeouts woot woot gr8 work:money::happy:

That's great to hear mate, not sure if the fix I mentioned is what fixed that bug for you though, I have been messing with so many settings the last few days lol but glad that it's sorted for you :smile:

October 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I still don't know why your having the problem but I use IDM and have no problems, you could try using that or a free one here http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ not tried this one but should work just as well

ok i'll give idm a try and see if i have any better luck, though it still doesn't integrate with flashgot like orbit and jdownloader does. as Toadyshadow101 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/208186-Toadyshadow101) said yes the page timeouts are gone. though i'm sure the issue with the files is a timeout. at least now if it errors out i don't have to close and reopen the browser to go to another vc page.

Big V
October 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Well chucky i started using the idm app again this morning and it working for me on downloads bud so far i'm
not having any issue with getting errors on the downloads as we were previously

October 24th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Well chucky i started using the idm app again this morning and it working for me on downloads bud so far i'm
not having any issue with getting errors on the downloads as we were previously

GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) / Big (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V) i installed the free download manager GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) linked to. using it i only got the php file trying to download snow storm, but now when i use the browser builtin the complete file downloaded without any problems. i'll try a couple of other files here a little later. if you do not see a new post from me by this time tomorrow my problem is fixed. thank you both for working with me on this. it was driving me nutz(or should i say nuttier). thanks again guys.

Big V
October 24th, 2012, 04:03 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) / Big (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/155318-Big-V) i installed the free download manager GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) linked to. using it i only got the php file trying to download snow storm, but now when i use the browser builtin the complete file downloaded without any problems. i'll try a couple of other files here a little later. if you do not see a new post from me by this time tomorrow my problem is fixed. thank you both for working with me on this. it was driving me nutz(or should i say nuttier). thanks again guys.
Extremely short drive eh lmao
ok chuck hopefully we got it fixed bud
It's been Grim doing the work bud i have just been the test dummy constantly trying the downloads for him lmao

October 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Extremely short drive eh lmao
ok chuck hopefully we got it fixed bud
It's been Grim doing the work bud i have just been the test dummy constantly trying the downloads for him lmao

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/560494_o.gif http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1185614_o.gif

lmao lmao lmao

8pecxstudios
October 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM
That's great to hear mate, not sure if the fix I mentioned is what fixed that bug for you though, I have been messing with so many settings the last few days lol but glad that it's sorted for you :smile:

well it only allowing one connection in the session.php would explain why i had timeouts and had to keep clearing my cookies as the cookies for that session would have been removed allowing a new connection:happy:

November 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
well it only allowing one connection in the session.php would explain why i had timeouts and had to keep clearing my cookies as the cookies for that session would have been removed allowing a new connection:happy:

Toadyshadow101 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/208186-Toadyshadow101), can you post a tut on what i need to do to check mine? the prob is back and i haven't changed anything since i got it fixed.

8pecxstudios
November 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Toadyshadow101 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/208186-Toadyshadow101), can you post a tut on what i need to do to check mine? the prob is back and i haven't changed anything since i got it fixed.

select a home page

if Firefox goto ( Tools\Clear Recent History ) select every thing and clean the cache of cookies or press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and select all and clean cache.

if google chrome put this in the URL bar ( chrome://chrome/settings/clearBrowserData ) select beginning of time and select clean.

then close the browser and open it come back to VC and login

Note: if it keeps happening you will have to repeat the proccess each time.

or you can close you browser and run Glarys utilitys or CCleaner to clear the cookies from the browser cache

faizalotai
December 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Found little bug here
using blue fixed skin

Big V
December 3rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Found little bug here
using blue fixed skin

I believe that is an issue with chrome bud as firefox does not stretch the link out like that.

peter.pan
December 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
I believe that is an issue with chrome bud as firefox does not stretch the link out like that.

Hi Big V......i had the same problem using cyberfox ...But its gon now ...:dif:

MongerVog
April 1st, 2013, 03:20 AM
I keep getting error when trying to use the facebook connect.
I originally created my account here using it, Now I cant do anything. Had to use password recovery awhile back to get back into my account.

8pecxstudios
April 1st, 2013, 03:55 AM
I keep getting error when trying to use the facebook connect.
I originally created my account here using it, Now I cant do anything. Had to use password recovery awhile back to get back into my account.

Hi mate

when you click facebook connect are the password and email address the same, if you changed ether one then it will fail. you can go into your settings on your profile and change them to match you facebook then the connect should work again.

hope this helps.

if you need any further assistance just bump me a pm ok

MongerVog
April 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Did some research. It was neither settings or the website.
It was a plugin bug on google chrome.
I had an older google chrome extension installed that was causing the issue.

IceBabee
April 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Sounds like alot of work you guys had to go through to make this site an awesome one for us all!!!!!! Thank you for all your hard work, and an awesome site guys! :)

fakeralsfake
May 17th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I have detected a typo.

ONE MAN ARMY
May 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I will make sure to notify Mr Grim about his. LOL

pmp317
May 22nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
Maybe it's my pc but I see no images in any of the threads when using multiple browsers, I'll reboot and see if this solves my issue as I am sure I am the only one since nobody else is vocally having this issue.

deviantdon
May 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Maybe it's my pc but I see no images in any of the threads when using multiple browsers, I'll reboot and see if this solves my issue as I am sure I am the only one since nobody else is vocally having this issue.
im getting the same thing bro

pmp317
May 22nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
:sigh:I'm sure it's just a minor glitch in the site's code and not anything too serious like a malicious attack via hack...I hope, I'm sure Grim will have it fixed in no time:whistle:

September 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
good day folks i have been seeing a odd problem as of late. when i get "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." and click on the button for last post on any of the threads i get taken to a different thread. i included a video so you can see exactly what i mean.

http://vimeo.com/74836440

Mr GRiM
September 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
What browser are you using, looks like the whole site is messed up on your screen there, half the text is missing on the names.

September 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM
What browser are you using, looks like the whole site is messed up on your screen there, half the text is missing on the names.

cyberfox 23 when i made that video, but the only text that's partially hidden is the text in the last post column. i just open chrome and ie11 and it's the same, so it's the site on that.

chrome

IE11

Mr GRiM
September 19th, 2013, 11:51 PM
OK mate I just found out the same after making that post, i never click on the new posts link so never noticed it and I am also seeing the same problem with it going to the wrong thread, just doing some maintenance at the moment to see if it fixes it, I will also try disabling all the site mods to see if there is something else messing with it, that half text problem only happens on the blue skin, so that must be because of the new icon I made being a different size then the default one, I will fix that later.

September 20th, 2013, 12:17 AM
ok good to know. and yes it seems to just be the blue for the test. thanks grim

Mr GRiM
September 20th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Should be fixed now, looks like it was a problem with a recent mod I installed for the username markup (colored usernames) I just disabled the plugin that effected the new posts, you will notice that usernames are no longer colored when viewing that section now.

I also fixed the text, just increased the line height a bit, it does effect the whole site though, not just that area, I don't think it has caused any problems but I could be wrong lol.

Xian75
December 29th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I am having download problems. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox & Cyberfox. When I download it says, "7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

Xian75
December 30th, 2014, 05:19 AM
What security software are you running if any at all? your security software may be scanning and locking the file.Are you using any extensions? if so try disabling them and then try again.Another possible solution is to close firefox and delete the "compreg.dat" file from the firefox profile folder.Also the "Source file could not be read error occurred" in older firefox versions if the "History.dat" file was set to read only.The "History.dat" file is no longer used in firefox 3 and up.

Thanks. I have googled all those and attempted the removing files, but none of the .dat files are in profile. I have unistalled & totally deleted all files for 3 browsers: Cyberfox, Firefox, & Chrome; then have reinstalled each individually and nothing. I have bitdefender as AV. I have turned off before opening browser. I can go to sourceforge and download a 7z file just fine. I can download files from VC on deviantart fine.

December 30th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Xian75 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/228377-Xian75) most likely it is a forum issue. over 90% of the time it's the forum software not playing nice with your browser. grim and company will have to investigate.

Xian75
December 31st, 2014, 12:03 PM
I just did fresh install of windows 8.1 instead of 7 and it seems to be downloading fine. I haven't tried downloading windows 7 themes.

Xian75
January 5th, 2015, 03:29 PM
It is not me I am back to not being able to download any theme from any thread.

Xian75
January 6th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Do you mean a different ISP? No I can't. I have tried using a different network adaptor. That has not made a difference. Also, once the download fails; I can not even surf through the website.

Xian75
January 6th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I have tried two things: I installed microsoft's php driver and sql. It seems to be downloading now.

Mr GRiM
January 8th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Xian75 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/228377-Xian75) most likely it is a forum issue. over 90% of the time it's the forum software not playing nice with your browser. grim and company will have to investigate.

over 95% of the time statistics are just randomly made up :cheeky:

Dark Knight
January 8th, 2015, 07:26 PM
over 95% of the time statistics are just randomly made up :cheeky:

Ok, I found the fix, seen this on another site and it works, I can now download from VC using IE11, it is code in the site that is preventing download or one getting "attachment.php" no matter what the extension is while using IE...

Try to set virtualcustoms.net into compatibility mode by opening Internet Explorer while on Virtual Customs, then go to > Menu > Tools > Compatibility View Settings and adding virtualcustoms.net into the list.

January 9th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Ok, I found the fix, seen this on another site and it works, I can now download from VC using IE11, it is code in the site that is preventing download or one getting "attachment.php" no matter what the extension is while using IE...

Try to set virtualcustoms.net into compatibility mode by opening Internet Explorer while on Virtual Customs, then go to > Menu > Tools > Compatibility View Settings and adding virtualcustoms.net into the list.

Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) thanks for posting this for others.

Dark Knight
January 9th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) thanks for posting this for others.

No problem, always happy to help.

Nimbi
January 3rd, 2016, 12:18 AM
I've posted this issue before in a thread somewhere, but im not sure if it ever got noticed, or if it was simply in the wrong area. But the Online Activity icon for the Skype area of the user info thing on the left of each post still doesn't show up. Instead it shows the little page icon that usually gets displayed on broken image links. I just figured I'd let you know in case you haven't noticed it yet.

Mr GRiM
January 3rd, 2016, 12:46 AM
I've posted this issue before in a thread somewhere, but im not sure if it ever got noticed, or if it was simply in the wrong area. But the Online Activity icon for the Skype area of the user info thing on the left of each post still doesn't show up. Instead it shows the little page icon that usually gets displayed on broken image links. I just figured I'd let you know in case you haven't noticed it yet.

Can you show me a pic of where you see it, also is this on all browsers, I use firefox and don't see any missing images.

Nimbi
January 3rd, 2016, 02:09 AM
Can you show me a pic of where you see it, also is this on all browsers, I use firefox and don't see any missing images.

This one is a screenshot of the one for my own but i doubt that would make any diference.

Google Chrome
https://gyazo.com/5e6bb631d01c0b49042523cf1946ff44.png
https://gyazo.com/5e6bb631d01c0b49042523cf1946ff44

Internet Explorer
https://gyazo.com/011fc2177bbb1a073c3e3deb670b8117.png
https://gyazo.com/011fc2177bbb1a073c3e3deb670b8117

Microsoft Edge
https://gyazo.com/c67e2631c483871ae67a13add7925fc0.png
https://gyazo.com/c67e2631c483871ae67a13add7925fc0

Mozilla Firefox
https://gyazo.com/1ea87febf0e970c7fc8ec4685c303a7f.png
https://gyazo.com/1ea87febf0e970c7fc8ec4685c303a7f

I had to download firefox to get the last screenshot.

I've noticed your MSN icon shows up fine though. Also, I use Google Chrome mostly, but the icon appears broken in all browser that I have checked.

Mr GRiM
January 3rd, 2016, 05:17 AM
This one is a screenshot of the one for my own but i doubt that would make any diference.

Google Chrome
https://gyazo.com/5e6bb631d01c0b49042523cf1946ff44.png
https://gyazo.com/5e6bb631d01c0b49042523cf1946ff44

Internet Explorer
https://gyazo.com/011fc2177bbb1a073c3e3deb670b8117.png
https://gyazo.com/011fc2177bbb1a073c3e3deb670b8117

Microsoft Edge
https://gyazo.com/c67e2631c483871ae67a13add7925fc0.png
https://gyazo.com/c67e2631c483871ae67a13add7925fc0

Mozilla Firefox
https://gyazo.com/1ea87febf0e970c7fc8ec4685c303a7f.png
https://gyazo.com/1ea87febf0e970c7fc8ec4685c303a7f

I had to download firefox to get the last screenshot.

I've noticed your MSN icon shows up fine though. Also, I use Google Chrome mostly, but the icon appears broken in all browser that I have checked.

OK well it seems VB used a web graphic from skype by default that would show your skype online status but MS killed this feature after they purchased it, I have now enable the site icon instead, also updated the gif icons to png.

Nimbi
January 3rd, 2016, 10:04 AM
OK well it seems VB used a web graphic from skype by default that would show your skype online status but MS killed this feature after they purchased it, I have now enable the site icon instead, also updated the gif icons to png.

Cool, that did it. :peace:

March 6th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) can you please check to see what's up with the amount of space allocated for signatures? as you can see from the below image it can be a lot. a lot of the time that space is far longer that what the space for the post it's attached to is.

Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) you might want to consider removing some of the site features to help bring in members again. like i said i my last pm that included you it worked for other forums.

Dark Knight
March 6th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) you might want to consider removing some of the site features to help bring in members again. like i said i my last pm that included you it worked for other forums.

I don't know about that, I have been watching the board and I see new members arriving here almost on a daily basis. I kind of like the way things are setup here, I can comfortably read the boards without worrying about being spammed or harassed by nonsense. I also think the download settings are just fine so that people cannot just join, download and run, never be heard from again.
IMO, I think new members should be made to contribute something if they want to reap the benefits.

March 6th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) first i said nothing about removing the feature of having x amount of post before being able to download something. personally i'd make it mandatory to click either thank you or like this post to be able to download an item. second about a year back members across a lot of the forum asked that a lot of the eye candy be removed cause it was too distracting. forums were loosing members because of it. once forums started to simplify their sites members started coming back. yes we get new members here but it's mostly peeps that never post at all, peeps that come in one time and never return. i've been through the members list on more than one occasion and we could probably purge 95% and not one of them would even realized they were removed. now before you claim i'm advocating for purging that 95%, i'm NOT. i personally don't have a problem with the eye candy and probably never will, but i know a lot of peeps do. i am sure even though megathemer doesn't have win 10 themes one of the main reasons they are still so active is the fact that they dropped a lot of the eye candy. now they did have way too many bells and whistles.

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) first i said nothing about removing the feature of having x amount of post before being able to download something. personally i'd make it mandatory to click either thank you or like this post to be able to download an item. second about a year back members across a lot of the forum asked that a lot of the eye candy be removed cause it was too distracting. forums were loosing members because of it. once forums started to simplify their sites members started coming back. yes we get new members here but it's mostly peeps that never post at all, peeps that come in one time and never return. i've been through the members list on more than one occasion and we could probably purge 95% and not one of them would even realized they were removed. now before you claim i'm advocating for purging that 95%, i'm NOT. i personally don't have a problem with the eye candy and probably never will, but i know a lot of peeps do. i am sure even though megathemer doesn't have win 10 themes one of the main reasons they are still so active is the fact that they dropped a lot of the eye candy. now they did have way too many bells and whistles.

Can you give examples of what mods or eye candy you would suggest I remove, personally I don't see anything distracting, the site runs fine as far as I can see, the only thing the site doesn't have is members that comment regularly, doesn't mean they don't still visit often though, I don't really see anything that needs fixing.

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) can you please check to see what's up with the amount of space allocated for signatures? as you can see from the below image it can be a lot. a lot of the time that space is far longer that what the space for the post it's attached to is.

It has nothing to do with the signatures, it's all your user info, badges and so on in the left column that is buffering out the post, not allot I can do about that other then remove some of your information shown.

March 6th, 2016, 09:39 PM
It has nothing to do with the signatures, it's all your user info, badges and so on in the left column that is buffering out the post, not allot I can do about that other then remove some of your information shown.

oh ok that does explain it. as for the eye candy most forums like megathemer have gone to the simple skins, or at least gave there member a choice between the highend skins and a simple one.

March 16th, 2016, 11:32 AM
grim i noticed today that at least one ad expands if you accidentally mouse over it, i agreed to allow the ads IF they remained unintrusive so help the forum. if the ads are going to expand when moused over making me have to manually close them i'll have to block ads here once again.

Agelyk
June 18th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I finished a new theme for Windows 10 and I can not upload any kind of file (rar, gif, jpg)
This is due to?

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2016, 08:48 PM

This is a test

Agelyk
June 18th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Now if I can upload images. but in the part of "profile" I still can not upload any images.

freak69ize
June 23rd, 2016, 07:56 PM
Im having a problem with chat box.. everyones text is the same color as mine. @Mr Grim .. i know you use red.. but yours is blue too

Nimbi
June 23rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
Im having a problem with chat box.. everyones text is the same color as mine. @Mr Grim .. i know you use red.. but yours is blue too

Shows up as white for me. Thought it was an update, but now I think it's a bug causing the text to show as the viewer's default text color.

https://gyazo.com/d83a472f2e41be61b5cd20310061263c

Shemhamforash
June 23rd, 2016, 08:14 PM
Shows up as white for me. Thought it was an update, but now I think it's a bug causing the text to show as the viewer's default text color.

It changes to whatever color you select. It could use a fix for sure, since there was better color functionality previously.

Nimbi
June 23rd, 2016, 08:19 PM
personally, i'm not bothered by it. so long as it's readable then i'm fine with it, lol.

June 23rd, 2016, 08:21 PM
i just tested it and it seems to be working fine. might be skin specific

Nimbi
June 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM

yours showed up white for me as well. so it probably is skin specific, lol. also, on an unrelated topic, we need a word wrap feature for the quick reply box, lol.

freak69ize
June 23rd, 2016, 08:26 PM

I thought that too.. but i tried several skins old and new but still there. I tried switching my color but no matter what color i switch to they all go to that color.
@Darkwater409 you may not be bothered by it but is it not still a bug?

freak69ize
June 23rd, 2016, 08:30 PM
Still there

Shemhamforash
June 23rd, 2016, 08:33 PM
Still there

I have the exact same issue.

freak69ize
June 23rd, 2016, 08:41 PM
I have the exact same issue.

I noticed it a couple days ago.. thought maybe it was a glich and would get worked out. Like ol boy says.. it doesnt really bother me either but just thought i would throw it out there.. so Grim can get it all fixed up

Nimbi
June 23rd, 2016, 08:52 PM
I thought that too.. but i tried several skins old and new but still there. I tried switching my color but no matter what color i switch to they all go to that color.
@Darkwater409 you may not be bothered by it but is it not still a bug?

Oh yeah, it's definitely still a bug. I was just stating my own personal opinion. It still needs to be fixed. The color effects are there for a reason, leaving this bug behind violates that reason, lol.

Mr GRiM
June 23rd, 2016, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah, it's definitely still a bug. I was just stating my own personal opinion. It still needs to be fixed. The color effects are there for a reason, leaving this bug behind violates that reason, lol.

Not sure what broke it, I did update this mod yesterday, so unless they changed how the color works, not sure

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Ok so the chatbox bug has returned for me. This time it only shows up if I'm logged in. Here are the screenshots.

Not logged in

Logged in

I'm not sure why it's only showing up properly when I'm not logged in, but I can't find an option in settings that enables or disables this feature [either that or I'm just blind]. Either way, I figured I should just point this out in case anyone else might possibly be having this issue.

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 11:05 AM
hmmmm.... shoutbox is completely gone when I'm logged in now....

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 12:23 PM
shoutbox ran away again.... does it hate me or somethin, lol.

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 12:27 PM
it partially returned just after reopening my browser. Here's what it is for me now.

Shemhamforash
June 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM
shoutbox ran away again.... does it hate me or somethin, lol.

Probably because Mr GRiM was modifying the code when you refreshed the page. The bug has returned for me now too.

June 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM
it partially returned just after reopening my browser. Here's what it is for me now.

aliens beamed it away

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/48/f7/73/48f77307c0bd0a00b98d1dd486bd9555.jpg

freak69ize
June 25th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Ok so part of the shoutbox is gone for me.. but colors are right. lol

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 07:00 PM
aliens beamed it away

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/48/f7/73/48f77307c0bd0a00b98d1dd486bd9555.jpg

lmfao

Nimbi
June 25th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Ok so part of the shoutbox is gone for me.. but colors are right. lol

mine's the same. shoutbox just doesn't want to work. i think it's intentionally giving us hell, lol

Agelyk
June 25th, 2016, 08:40 PM
thanks a lot Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) to repair the problems that had the site. (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)

Shemhamforash
June 25th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I'm not seeing any Notifications for new post Thanks/Likes. Just started happening today. They still show up in my profile though.

Thuggz Bunny
June 25th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I'm not seeing any Notifications for new post Thanks/Likes. Just started happening today. They still show up in my profile though.

Just dl'd the new themepack! Awesome as usual. In my humble opinion, lately you seem to be the hardest working guy in Windows customization.

Shemhamforash
June 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Just dl'd the new themepack! Awesome as usual. In my humble opinion, lately you seem to be the hardest working guy in Windows customization.

Biggest thing for me is I'd rather fix the themes I have uploaded so I don't have to change anything for RS1. I learned quite a few new ways to fix some common problems thanks to Mr GRiM so I have been updating them, glad you enjoy.

June 25th, 2016, 10:18 PM

some times it can take more than two days to get notified of new post in threads you're subscribed to.

Shemhamforash
June 26th, 2016, 12:27 AM
I noticed a slight bug with some avatars on profile messages

Nimbi
June 26th, 2016, 12:36 AM

Oh no! Not another bug! MrGRiM! Run away! Don't try to reproduce this one! It'll throw us all through hell and back again!! lol, jk.

Mr GRiM
June 26th, 2016, 02:22 AM

Fixed :P

June 26th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Fixed :P

GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) maybe you should have Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) fixed, i can recommend a very good vet. lol

Nimbi
June 26th, 2016, 03:11 AM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) maybe you should have Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) fixed, i can recommend a very good vet. lol

lmfao :laughing:

Shemhamforash
June 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I'm getting an error message whenever I log in
PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1230) : eval()'d code on line 31

Nimbi
June 26th, 2016, 02:49 PM
ffs... not this crap again...

Chatbox has glitched out for me again...

Nimbi
June 26th, 2016, 07:09 PM
@The Nude Dude, chatbox aint workin for me. I can't use it.

@Mr GRiM, plz fix the chatbox

AlphaOmega
June 26th, 2016, 07:59 PM

Same here.

Mr GRiM
June 26th, 2016, 10:17 PM
sorry guys didn't have all the permissions set again properly, should be ok now I hope.

Nimbi
June 26th, 2016, 10:23 PM
sorry guys didn't have all the permissions set again properly, should be ok now I hope.

Yup, mine's workin' now =D

June 26th, 2016, 11:11 PM

it's odd cause the bug is there one time then not then back again.

EDIT: seems to be working now, thanks grim

Nimbi
July 7th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Hello,

My brother recently made an account here and is having trouble applying his avatar image. The size and bits are all fine, but he keeps getting this message. His account name is THAUDIOUS. Can someone please help him out?

Mr GRiM
July 8th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Can you post the avatar he is trying to use, I will see if I can get it to work or find out why it isn't.

Nimbi
July 8th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Can you post the avatar he is trying to use, I will see if I can get it to work or find out why it isn't.

Ok, i mixed the names up, my bad. He was trying to post a Profile image, not an avatar image. And I'm having the exact same issue when trying to change my profile image. the image i tried for mine was in the kb size and was less than the maximum size limit, but it still didn't accept the new profile image. Apparently there's something wrong with the settings option to set a profile image to the account. As for the image he was trying to apply, I don't have that at the moment. I'll be sure to have him send it to me via Skype as soon as he comes online. We live in different states so I have to wait for him t come online, lol. I still have my old profile image set but its not letting me apply a new one either. I'm not sure why it' giving that message. I tried to apply my new avatar image as a profile image but it gave me the same message that my brother was getting. There's absolutely no difference in size or format, so I don't really know what's going on. I will send you my image for now so you can test it out and try to figure out what's going on.

Mr GRiM
July 8th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Ok, i mixed the names up, my bad. He was trying to post a Profile image, not an avatar image. And I'm having the exact same issue when trying to change my profile image. the image i tried for mine was in the kb size and was less than the maximum size limit, but it still didn't accept the new profile image. Apparently there's something wrong with the settings option to set a profile image to the account. As for the image he was trying to apply, I don't have that at the moment. I'll be sure to have him send it to me via Skype as soon as he comes online. We live in different states so I have to wait for him t come online, lol. I still have my old profile image set but its not letting me apply a new one either. I'm not sure why it' giving that message. I tried to apply my new avatar image as a profile image but it gave me the same message that my brother was getting. There's absolutely no difference in size or format, so I don't really know what's going on. I will send you my image for now so you can test it out and try to figure out what's going on.

OK should be working now, I think the permissions were set wrong on the folder it saves to.

Nimbi
July 8th, 2016, 11:35 AM
OK should be working now, I think the permissions were set wrong on the folder it saves to.

Yup, works fine now. Thanks for the fix. I'll be sure to let my brother know it works now as soon as he comes online. :Peace:

Mr GRiM
July 8th, 2016, 11:42 AM
OK that's cool, I changed permissions on the folders when I was doing a site update and I didn't remember to change that one back.

Nimbi
July 8th, 2016, 12:15 PM
OK that's cool, I changed permissions on the folders when I was doing a site update and I didn't remember to change that one back.

Aaaahh, I see. Meh, shit happens, lol. Glad you were able to get it fixed. :Peace:

Nimbi
August 15th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Found a slight bug in the profile page when using the Arena Blue theme. Here's a screenshot.

It's basically looking to be a slight positioning goof I think. I only see it when using the Arena Blue theme.

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Found a slight bug in the profile page when using the Arena Blue theme. Here's a screenshot.

It's basically looking to be a slight positioning goof I think. I only see it when using the Arena Blue theme.
If it's a theme you really want to use I can take a look at it but tbh I was never that keen on the style so it's not been kept up to date.

Nimbi
August 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM
If it's a theme you really want to use I can take a look at it but tbh I was never that keen on the style so it's not been kept up to date.

:laughing:lol, I'm not too picky, tbh. I mainly use it whenever I'm using a light theme on my system. There's been a few it really compliments when browsing VC while on them. Either way, I'll leave it up to you on whether or not you feel like bothering with it. :peace:

Shemhamforash
August 23rd, 2016, 01:58 PM
Using Chrome browser on mobile, everytime I open a link to an element of the forum that opens a new tab while I am logged in, causes me to be logged out immediately. It's frustrating because sometimes I click on a link by accident or have to open a link.

August 23rd, 2016, 02:35 PM
Using Chrome browser on mobile, everytime I open a link to an element of the forum that opens a new tab while I am logged in, causes me to be logged out immediately. It's frustrating because sometimes I click on a link by accident or have to open a link.

i've noticed this behavior in chrome with vc in windows. if i open a new tab for vc i need to keep the original vc tab open or automatic logout like you.

dhjohns
August 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
i've noticed this behavior in chrome with vc in windows. if i open a new tab for vc i need to keep the original vc tab open or automatic logout like you.I use Chrome, and I haven't noticed this. Do you check the remember me box? I can restart my whole computer, and open VC, and I am logged in automatically. Also, make sure if you are using Ccleaner, that you move the VC cookies to save.

Shemhamforash
August 23rd, 2016, 02:57 PM
Just tried on Pale Moon for mobile, same thing happens with being logged out. I don't like to check the remember me box.

August 23rd, 2016, 03:13 PM
I use Chrome, and I haven't noticed this. Do you check the remember me box? I can restart my whole computer, and open VC, and I am logged in automatically. Also, make sure if you are using Ccleaner, that you move the VC cookies to save.

yes i check the box, but i don't allow cookies to be kept, nor do i have autologin allowed. in my case it's probably my cookie manager deleting the vc cookie when the original vc tab is closed. for some reason unlike other sites it doesn't see that the second or third vc tab is actually vc. i can live with it since i know it does it. as for ccleaner i don't let it clean chrome cause it likes to mess with fvd speed dial and neither the makers of speed dial or ccleaner will say which program actually causes the problem. i have the auto history wiper extension installed and that seems to work perfectly. it wipes chromes entire history when chrome is opened.

August 23rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Just tried on Pale Moon for mobile, same thing happens with being logged out. I don't like to check the remember me box.

do you have a cookie manager installed?

dhjohns
August 23rd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Just tried on Pale Moon for mobile, same thing happens with being logged out. I don't like to check the remember me box.Well then you will need to log in each time. As for me, I ALWAYS check the remember me box. It saves me steps. Any time Chrome can do something for me, anytime my OS can do something for me, I let it. Chrome remembers all my bookmarks, all my passwords, all my extensions, everything. It actually saves me days in setup. I remember Netscape Navigator. Every time I would reinstall it, or my OS, I would need to reinstall all my settings. What a PITA!!! Now we have the cloud, and everything is much, much simpler.

Shemhamforash
August 23rd, 2016, 03:29 PM
Well then you will need to log in each time. As for me, I ALWAYS check the remember me box. It saves me steps. Any time Chrome can do something for me, anytime my OS can do something for me, I let it.

That has nothing to do with being logged out on mobile immediately after opening a link and tab to somewhere on the site. I do not use a cookie manager. I like to be logged out when I'm not actually on the site.

dhjohns
August 23rd, 2016, 03:30 PM
That has nothing to do with being logged out on mobile immediately after opening a link and tab to somewhere on the site. I do not use a cookie manager. I like to be logged out when I'm not actually on the site.You actually are logged out when you aren't on the site. When you open the site webpage, you are logged back in automatically.

Dark Knight
August 23rd, 2016, 03:46 PM
Well then you will need to log in each time. As for me, I ALWAYS check the remember me box. It saves me steps. Any time Chrome can do something for me, anytime my OS can do something for me, I let it. Chrome remembers all my bookmarks, all my passwords, all my extensions, everything. It actually saves me days in setup. I remember Netscape Navigator. Every time I would reinstall it, or my OS, I would need to reinstall all my settings. What a PITA!!! Now we have the cloud, and everything is much, much simpler.

I don't use Chrome but basically my setup is the same way but my settings are save locally.

I have to say, that is a very dangerous game you are playing saving your settings and passwords and such in the cloud, even if I could, I wouldn't, no matter how safe someone said it was. LastPass thought they were safe too.

dhjohns
August 23rd, 2016, 03:57 PM
LastPass thought they were safe too.Well, I never used LastPass, but I do save all my very very important stuff in the cloud. That is why we have a cloud.

Dark Knight
August 23rd, 2016, 04:26 PM
Well, I never used LastPass, but I do save all my very very important stuff in the cloud. That is why we have a cloud.

Okay, you do know that the cloud is just another name for storage right? I mean your stuff is not just floating around in cyber space waiting on you to access it, it's being stored on hard media somewhere.
Hey, if you comfortable with that, more power to ya. I'd never do it.

Shemhamforash
August 23rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
You actually are logged out when you aren't on the site. When you open the site webpage, you are logged back in automatically.

OK guys, this is not the thread to talk about this type of stuff. I posted one comment in here about a problem with the site 2635599 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/177825-2635599) is the only one that has been on topic since that post. I may have to start a new thread and move all those post about password storage and whatnot to that thread if this continues. dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) I believe you're wrong on this point, I just tested it by checking the box, logging in, closing the only Virtual Customs tab, opening a private browsing window and sure enough I am still online even though I have exited out the window. As I said, I like to log out every time I'm not on the site.

Mr GRiM
August 23rd, 2016, 04:34 PM
How long has this been happening for? It is normal behaviour to be logged out after a period of inactivity if you are not checking the remember me box at login.

Mr GRiM
August 23rd, 2016, 04:48 PM
This is from the vbulletin staff.

If you delete your cookies, you will be logged out. If you use a cookie manager, you will be logged out. If you don't accept cookies, you will be logged out. If you have Javascript disabled, you will be logged out. If users are on mobile devices, the only browsers that are officially supported are the Android Browser and Safari for iOS. However can't replicate this problem using Google Chrome on iOS or Silk Browser on FireOS.

The deletion of cookies is the cause of the problem. Unfortunately "Users getting logged out" isn't really enough information. What are their environments? What version are you using? Are they using ad blockers? Cookie Blockers? Javascript Blockers? Have they modified their mobile OS (i.e. Rooted or Jailbreak, neither of which are supported)?

August 23rd, 2016, 06:25 PM
Well, I never used LastPass, but I do save all my very very important stuff in the cloud. That is why we have a cloud.

to be blunt AhHaHaHaHaHa the cloud IS a accident just waiting to happen.

Shemhamforash
August 23rd, 2016, 06:44 PM
Mr GRiM it has been happening for as long as I can remember using the site on mobile. I use stock android settings for Google Chrome. So as far as I know I'm not using any blockers including adblocker on mobile. Not sure what other information I can provide that can be helpful, but just let me know. Steps to reproduce are just log in and then open a link in a new tab, after that I get logged out.

Edit: The problem goes away after selecting the Remember Me box, so I consider that an acceptable solution. Thanks for looking into it.

Shemhamforash
August 29th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I noticed there is a problem with some poster's post structure perhaps if they have small or no avatars being cut off (first noticed on VC green, switched black themes, changed zoom ratio, same issue is apparent it seems):

Also, for some time I have wondered whether the black themes should have 1px black lines in these locations? (Same kind of lines that are cut off in the first screenshot)
It sort of looks to me like they should be there because the pattern becomes disrupted instead of being a line, I'm not sure if it is a design choice though.

Mr GRiM
August 29th, 2016, 05:10 PM
I noticed there is a problem with some poster's post structure perhaps if they have small or no avatars being cut off (first noticed on VC green, switched black themes, changed zoom ratio, same issue is apparent it seems):

Also, for some time I have wondered whether the black themes should have 1px black lines in these locations? (Same kind of lines that are cut off in the first screenshot)
It sort of looks to me like they should be there because the pattern becomes disrupted instead of being a line, I'm not sure if it is a design choice though.

Thanks Shemhamforash, should be all good now :smile:

Edit now it's fixed

Nimbi
September 15th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Just came across a slight issue with my notifications page. All of the messages of quotes are claiming to be hidden despite the fact that they showed up fine before. Here's a screenshot.

This is preventing me from even seeing what the latest page I was quoted in is since I can no longer access it from here due to this weird issue.

Shemhamforash
September 15th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Just came across a slight issue with my notifications page. All of the messages of quotes are claiming to be hidden despite the fact that they showed up fine before. Here's a screenshot.

This is preventing me from even seeing what the latest page I was quoted in is since I can no longer access it from here due to this weird issue.

It's because the thread was moved to the post bin, that section is only visible to staff, so that's why it says hidden. See how I can view them, so it's not an actual issue

Nimbi
September 15th, 2016, 05:29 PM
It's because the thread was moved to the post bin, that section is only visible to staff, so that's why it says hidden. See how I can view them, so it's not an actual issue

Ah ok thanks. :Peace:

Shemhamforash
October 20th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Hey Grim, could you disable the default mobile style again please? The old behavior of opening a new VC tab, it switching to the default mobile style and immediately logging you out is back. Using Chrome/Firefox on android, stock settings, no blockers.

Edit: I must have forgot you can fix the problem by checking the remember me box, that still works.

Shemhamforash
October 23rd, 2016, 08:47 PM
I have a request, could you please add the ability for us to change our primary user group to VC VIP if we have already achieved the status? I would kind of like to change back my title to that one, I do find the VC Ninja user text color to be a little hard to read against the black background.

Nimbi
October 26th, 2016, 02:30 AM
I have a request, could you please add the ability for us to change our primary user group to VC VIP if we have already achieved the status? I would kind of like to change back my title to that one, I do find the VC Ninja user text color to be a little hard to read against the black background.

if you go to settings you'll find an area on the left called 'permission groups'. the option to change which group you show up as is in there.

Shemhamforash
October 26th, 2016, 09:23 AM
if you go to settings you'll find an area on the left called 'permission groups'. the option to change which group you show up as is in there.

No, VIP doesn't show up there, that's why I requested it be added

Nimbi
October 26th, 2016, 12:07 PM
No, VIP doesn't show up there, that's why I requested it be added

ah, ok.

Shemhamforash
October 28th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I can confirm the spacebar glitch, just got it on my phone (have not had it on the desktop). Nimbi and 263 had mentioned it in another thread. What happens is you type words and the spacebar doesn't work. I chose quick reply with quote and forexamplethisiswhathappened. A way around it can be to click Go Advanced.

Nimbi
November 2nd, 2016, 06:29 PM
I can confirm the spacebar glitch, just got it on my phone (have not had it on the desktop). Nimbi and 263 had mentioned it in another thread. What happens is you type words and the spacebar doesn't work. I chose quick reply with quote and forexamplethisiswhathappened. A way around it can be to click Go Advanced.

Yeah, I'm still having this same glitch when quoting pplz. Clicking Go Advanced is the only way I've found to get around it when quoting pplz.

Mr GRiM
November 2nd, 2016, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I'm still having this same glitch when quoting pplz. Clicking Go Advanced is the only way I've found to get around it when quoting pplz.

Is this only a mobile problem? I have never experienced myself but I don't use the site on mobile, maybe try turning off WYSIWYG and see if that helps.

November 2nd, 2016, 08:30 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) go back through the last few pages you'll see when i've mentioned this before.

Nimbi
November 3rd, 2016, 03:00 AM
Is this only a mobile problem? I have never experienced myself but I don't use the site on mobile, maybe try turning off WYSIWYG and see if that helps.

For me it's on the desktop website. I can't use the mobile site since my Windows phone's browser closes out automatically on it's own [really wish I had chosen an Android instead of being duped by the eye candy that is Windows phones].

Nimbi
November 8th, 2016, 06:12 AM
For me it's on the desktop website. I can't use the mobile site since my Windows phone's browser closes out automatically on it's own [really wish I had chosen an Android instead of being duped by the eye candy that is Windows phones].

Still having this bug. Getting rather annoying now, tbh. However, I've recently noticed the bug is nonexistent when using Internet Explorer. Shows up on pretty much every other browser I've tried, though [still haven't tested on mobile since my Windows phone is such an ass].

[I may eventually look towards jail-breaking my Nokia Lumia 635 Windows Phone and turning it into an Android, lol.]

Nimbi
November 8th, 2016, 06:20 AM

Still having this bug. Getting rather annoying now, tbh. However, I've recently noticed the bug is nonexistent when using Internet Explorer. Shows up on pretty much every other browser I've tried, though [still haven't tested on mobile since my Windows phone is such an ass].

[I may eventually look towards jail-breaking my Nokia Lumia 635 Windows Phone and turning it into an Android, lol.]

Hmmm... switching to standard editor appears to have fixed the bug. Who knew, lol.

November 8th, 2016, 01:23 PM
no offence but who in their right mind uses iexplorer or edge?

Nimbi
November 8th, 2016, 02:28 PM
no offence but who in their right mind uses iexplorer or edge?

I normally don't use them tbh. I simply tested Internet Explorer to see if the bug would show up on it as well. No idea if it's there on Edge though. I hate that browser so I never use it, lol. But yeah, the bug is apparently with the WYSIWYG mode. Standard mode works fine.

Nimbi
December 21st, 2016, 05:51 AM
I normally don't use them tbh. I simply tested Internet Explorer to see if the bug would show up on it as well. No idea if it's there on Edge though. I hate that browser so I never use it, lol. But yeah, the bug is apparently with the WYSIWYG mode. Standard mode works fine.

Just tested the bug on Mozilla Firefox. It seems the bug is non-existent on Mozilla Firefox. :Peace:

Shemhamforash
January 2nd, 2017, 02:32 PM
Just tested the bug on Mozilla Firefox. It seems the bug is non-existent on Mozilla Firefox. :Peace:

Now that I've switched to Chrome on the desktop, it's happening very regularly. It always fixes itself by click Go Advanced.

January 2nd, 2017, 02:45 PM
Now that I've switched to Chrome on the desktop, it's happening very regularly. It always fixes itself by click Go Advanced.

you know i just realized being back on cyberfox i don't have the issue anymore.

Shemhamforash
February 4th, 2017, 07:52 PM
View Forum Leaders (http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php) returns PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (08S01/1153): Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 1394

Shemhamforash
February 18th, 2017, 12:02 AM
you know i just realized being back on cyberfox i don't have the issue anymore.

I'm back on Pale Moon now. That issue was pretty bothersome on Google Chrome. It was pretty much everytime I typed something the spacebar wouldn't work.

Font and image rendering is not quite as good. But I might be willing to let that slide for better Extensions.

dhjohns
February 18th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Yup. Same here. Not pale moon.

February 18th, 2017, 10:57 AM
I'm back on Pale Moon now. That issue was pretty bothersome on Google Chrome. It was pretty much everytime I typed something the spacebar wouldn't work.

Font and image rendering is not quite as good. But I might be willing to let that slide for better Extensions.

actually i find it a tossup which has the best extensions made for it. chrome has a nasty habit of eating way too system resources. good thing is both browsers will be using chrome style extensions in the near future.

Shemhamforash
February 18th, 2017, 12:26 PM
actually i find it a tossup which has the best extensions made for it. chrome has a nasty habit of eating way too system resources. good thing is both browsers will be using chrome style extensions in the near future.

Firefox based browsers will be dropping xul based extensions in November, pale moon has changed its engine and those same extensions should continue to work.

Edit: Here's what they officially say. They can be ported.

The future of Pale Moon is to maintain this general level of compatibility with traditional (XUL) Firefox-targeted extensions, although the (transitional) dual-ID setup will eventually be removed, at which point only Pale Moon targeted extensions will be accepted. This will still allow developers to target both Pale Moon and Firefox with specific code for them in a single package, but Firefox-only extensions will not longer be accepted by the browser when this lands.”
“Unlike Firefox, Pale Moon will continue to offer full support for XUL and XPCOM binary-component extensions and there is no plan to discard the current extension system in lieu of Chrome-like alternatives (WebExtensions).

February 18th, 2017, 01:47 PM
while i've already seen firefox have issues with some current addons as mozilla plays around with the new system i have yet to see cyberfox have these issues. i'm assuming toady is going the same route as pale moon supporting old and new.

http://www.omgchrome.com/firefox-will-soon-be-compatible-with-chrome-extensions/

https://techcrunch.com/2015/08/21/chrome-extensions-are-coming-to-firefox/

Mardegard
February 18th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I cant download anything from the VC Shop anyone else having the same problem?

Forgive me if i posted in the wrong thread

Nimbi
May 5th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I figured out what the issue with the Arena Blue theme is. It's apparently a sizing issue. At 100% size the user avatar image gets moved to the right and overlaps the things on the right of it. At 90% it fits properly and has no issues, Here are some screenshots of the issue.

100%

90%

May 5th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I figured out what the issue with the Arena Blue theme is. It's apparently a sizing issue. At 100% size the user avatar image gets moved to the right and overlaps the things on the right of it. At 90% it fits properly and has no issues, Here are some screenshots of the issue.

actually the default theme does this as well, but both actually have what's on the right actually overlap the avatar. take a look at your first image.

Nimbi
May 5th, 2017, 05:42 PM
actually the default theme does this as well, but both actually have what's on the right actually overlap the avatar. take a look at your first image.

Ya, that's what I meant. I just woke up a few minutes before posting that so I'm not fully awake yet lol.

Mr GRiM
May 5th, 2017, 09:27 PM
OK I worked on all the styles a bit and tried to make them fit a bit better.

Shemhamforash
May 5th, 2017, 09:33 PM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php still returns PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (08S01/1153): Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 1394

Edit: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/59492-HUD-Machine-Series download links need some updating.

Mr GRiM
May 5th, 2017, 09:44 PM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php still returns PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (08S01/1153): Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 1394

Edit: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/59492-HUD-Machine-Series download links need some updating.

Where is this located http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php how did you get that link?

Shemhamforash
May 5th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Where is this located http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php how did you get that link?

Sorry, I should have mentioned, it's on the Forum Index View Forum Leaders (http://virtualcustoms.net/showgroups.php)

Edit: Everything's working now, thanks.