PDA

View Full Version : Questions about SP1 theme files please help me.

odinlives
August 25th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Hey everyone I have seen quite a bit of talk about a lot of people having issues with SP1 working with different themes.

I am currently modding a SP1 version of Windows 7 and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this matter for me since I currently am not running a SP1 version?

Also can someone please point me where to go to obtain patched theme files for SP1?

Thank you in advance.

gor17981
August 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Howdie bud, good morning. The only problem i have had updating to service pack 1 is the standard, icon changing, starts orbs reverting back to normal etc etc , here is the files from my system, they are patched, you can just drop them into your build mate :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?r8w7dez11e1yh6e

bigcyco1
August 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Hi bud i don't use Sp1 but i have testers of my themes that do and they never report any issues to me and say my themes are working fine i could be wrong but i don't think there is much of a difference your themes will still work. P.S.You might half to patch your system files again but other than that i doubt you have problems but i ain't 100 percent sure.lmaoP.S. :ashamed: Dam it i didn't see gor already helped you sorry about that guys i am really tired.

odinlives
August 25th, 2011, 05:11 PM
:) Thank you guys I appreciate it. I figured they would work but read so many conflicting things and wanted to be sure before I put another weeks worth of work into my build. I don't even use SP1 myself but people have been asking for it in a build so just trying to give them what they want...

Edit....Gor mate do you have the ones from the sysWOW64 folder as well?

gor17981
August 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah no problem bud, here
http://www.mediafire.com/?hhg29qtbaivniwl

There is no themeservice.dll in the syswow folder, the other two filles are there though , i have never used these files in the syswow folder before, never had any problems either lol

odinlives
August 26th, 2011, 03:24 AM
lol Thank you Squire I usually just add those just to be safe...:)