PDA

View Full Version : problem with previewpane en menubar

Harvey Sewdin
September 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
hello everyone i have problems with the menubar and the previewpane. when i make a visual style and test it the images i created for the previewpane and menubar appears. but when i make a theme for it and apply it in control panel they disappear. help me.

and can someone test the theme for me?

the places:

Mr GRiM
September 1st, 2011, 02:26 PM
That is because when you test in WSB it creates all temp files in the temp directory including the shell folder which contains the shellstyle.dll, this folder is very important and without it your theme will not work correctly, whatever folder you have your msstyles file in you also need to have the shell folder in to make it work right, copy it from another theme or the default aero theme, doesn't matter.

Off Topic,

There are also lots of customizing that can be done in the shellstyle.dll to change different images and add properties and and change sizing margins and content margins, none of which can be done in WSB, that is why PandaX has created for us the base style which needs new class maps in WSB as well as a new shellstyle.dll to go with it that will allow you to make all the changes from the shellstyle.dll in WSB.

If you look in the Base Project Resource section you will see that I posted a version of Blade using the new class maps and base style elements, that is there for everyone to use and modify for their own needs and as a guide to see what can be changed.

Harvey Sewdin
September 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Once again thank you MR.GRiM. Now i understand it a bit. I will take a look at that post of yours. Thank you.