PDA

View Full Version : How do you adjust window border width?

Duck
September 13th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > FrameLeft
Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic > FrameRight

Stock images are 8px wide. If I replace image with a smaller one like 4px wide, it just gets stretched and does not make the border any thinner.

So, how do you adjust the frame width? Thanks.

Mr GRiM
September 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > SizingBorderWidth

Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > PaddedBorderWidth

Both of those will adjust the size of the frames but you can not make a change to just the sides, it will also change top and bottom at the same time, also making the sizing border smaller makes it harder to grab the side of your frame to resize it so best not to make it smaller then 1

Duck
September 13th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I see... thanks.

Defaults were PaddedBorderWidth=4 and SizingBorderWidth=1 (which resulted in the 8px width frame).

I made PaddedBorderWidth=0 and now frame width is 4px wide. Is that the minimum it can go to do you know?

Mr GRiM
September 13th, 2011, 04:11 PM
yeah pretty much, themes you have seen with smaller frames then that just keep the dimensions the same but make the image smaller and just add more shadow shading to the outside, best to have a look at some of the other themes with smaller frames in WSB and see how they do it, you will also see a few themes with no frames on the sides or bottom and again I am pretty sure they just replace those images with the shadow image and also use a tool that removes the blur on explorer frames, I use that myself as I don't like the blur on the frames.