PDA

View Full Version : How can I achieve transparency like this one

nice_guy75
September 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hi guys,
I am planning to make my theme transparent like this pic. See I want transparency in start menu (both the planks), explorer window and task bar nothing else. The White background of the explorer should be there, I don't want to make it transparent.

Please guys help me.

Mr GRiM
September 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
This example you have shown is not transparent at all in fact I don't think there is a single bit of transparency, it's just a wooden pattern he has used for it, you can have a transparent theme though, you just need to make your images transparent, if you look at my Theme Zero-G you will see that that has a fully transparent start menu as well as the explorer frames and taskbar, it is also possible to make the details pane and toolbar transparent but not with a white theme, there are programs that will make all explorer transparent but it only works well on dark themes and requires a light text colour, so the best you would achieve with a white theme is the explorer frame on explorer.

nice_guy75
September 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM
First of all thanks for your quick reply.

Oh yeah, you are right, but can you please help me in finding the locations so that I can change both the planks of start menu, task bar and explorer frame (explorer window). Just look closely, in the above screenshot the window frame has also been changed (where minimize, maximize and close button are located). And also guide me how can I make taskbar, explorer window and start menu transparent. No I don't want to make entire explorer transparent, but yes start menu, taskbar and the window only. Please help me with the locations.

Edit: OMG, now I understand the difference between x32 system and x64 system, when I posted this thread I was at office there I have x32 system so I had to look very closely to understand that there was no transparency in the screen I have posted. And now I am at x64 system (My vaio lappy) it is quite easily understandable that there is no transparency at all in that screenshot.

Mr GRiM
September 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
No worries, the best place to start if you want to create your own theme is here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

nice_guy75
September 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks mate, I have already made a doc file for all the posts of that thread. Please tell me the location of task bar and also the background of tray icons.

And a friend of mine wants to know how can we center the title bar text like this one: http://patrickgs.deviantart.com/art/Move-titlebar-text-to-center-62553802 but this method only work in vista.