PDA

View Full Version : Start Orb won't change/go back to normal!

Xeno Templar
September 21st, 2011, 01:22 AM
My dad has Win 7 Home Premium x64, he used 7tsp and changed to the Predator theme from here, then he went back to normal & ever since the Start Orb has stayed at the Predator theme custom orb. I just want to know how can I restore it back to the default Windows 7 Start Orb w/out a back-up considering he did not do any back-ups & he did not use 7tsp to restore it, he just changed to one of the default Win 7 themes that come w/ the OS & the Predator theme Start Orb has stayed ever since.

sete
September 21st, 2011, 03:52 AM
Hello;Deleted(Eliminated) the theme or the file to explorer to modify.: Soupir:
Envoiyer a capture c Windows to explorer.

HaCkthEplAneT
September 21st, 2011, 04:04 AM
thats the problem is he didn't remove it using 7tsp. what has happen is, 7tsp writes new images to the dll's, exe's and such, so unless you restore your pc back, the predator images are still in the files. in this case..explorer.exe. so you kinda have two choices...manually edit your explorer.exe and put the default start button back or restore the explorer.exe file back to default using 7tsp by choosing the last option (Locate a single system file and restore it back to windows default) But i would recommend restoring everything back to when 7tsp was first run

:smile:

Mr GRiM
September 21st, 2011, 04:36 AM
Or simply open a command prompt and run sfc /scannow to restore all modified system files to default.

Xeno Templar
September 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you all for replies, in regards to Mr. Grim's response: can I run the SFC scan option through the 7tsp program? Just a guess but wouldn't it work just the same as the CMD option?

CrazySouthernBoy
September 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
I dont think 7tsp runs CMD commands for Windows but I could be wrong But changing the explorer.exe is your best way of getting back unless your reformat your HDD.

Xeno Templar
September 21st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thank you all for your replies, I've fixed the problem by re-downloading 7tsp, opening it, clicking on Program highlighting SFC/Scan & clicking & running the SFC/scannow option, after a reboot (or 2) it restored the Start Orb (and, any other modified, if any, files) back to Win 7 default.

Mr GRiM
September 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you but looks like you answered your own question, yes the restore option in 7tsp to run sfc /scannow is exactly the same as opening a CMD prompt :smile: