PDA

View Full Version : Close to the edge!

Banny
September 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Im slowly loosing the will to live.

All I want is my windows 7, slipstreamed with a couple of programs, wall papers and themes on, my programmes installed, then if anything goes wrong, I aint in so bad a place. Oh and of course my bookmarks.

So I built a new pc, all was fine, get a few programs on all was fine, just seems things, go drastically wrong on the final hurdles, before I put my windows backup and data backup in place/ Wierd things start happening, and then I end up wiping it loosing it all and starting again, so here I am round 10, I just dunno what I am doing wrong >:< Im usually quite on the ball when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Can anyone suggest a good backup programe, that can create partitions on a live disc (one thats being used).

As I am going to start building my collection of links, wall papers.... AGAIN :sorry:

Big V
September 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
For partitions i use easus partition master http://www.partition-tool.com/

September 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
there is also partition wizard. i would recommend the 5.0 version. the later versions don't always like to boot.

Banny
September 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
done now had some evil virus in there, but all fixed now

HaCkthEplAneT
September 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM
done now had some evil virus in there, but all fixed now

awesome thats good news...glad you got everything worked out :smile:

Banny
October 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Well thought I had... Darn Rootkit, ive had to wipe everything! At least im all clear now I think and plenty of safeguards in place :)