PDA

View Full Version : Startup sound

Kyron
September 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I would like to add a custom windows startup sound to my theme, but not by modifying imageres.dll, but instead, simply adding it to the theme file

I've found this format on google but it seems it was for windows XP, anybody knows how to do this in 7 ?

[AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemStart\.Current]
DefaultValue=%ResourceDir%\Themes\xxx\Extras\Sounds\Custom Windows Startup Sound.wav

CrazySouthernBoy
September 27th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I know you can change the start up sound by manually changing it in the Widows Sound Panel

Kyron
September 28th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Actually no, you can't change it there in w7, you can only enable or disable it, but not change it :)

CrazySouthernBoy
September 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
When I "Right Click" my Speaker & go to "Sound" I can change mine & Im running Windows 7

Kyron
September 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Are you sure you can "change" the "windows startup" sound ? cuz i only have a checkbox to disable/enable it, nothing else.

Besides, the point is to automatically have my theme applying that sound, not to have to apply it manually :x

JohnDay
September 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I can do mine through there aswell. But you may have a different version of windows 7, some versions like home, home premium and whatever else there is, have different things missing/enabled/locked for use. This may be one of those features in a lower price bracket version of windows that is not available. Not sure if that is the case here but, maybe worth checking which version you have and if that option is avaiable on the version you have.

CrazySouthernBoy
September 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
you can do it in all I run all 3 on my computers & lets me do it.

Kyron
September 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so that's not the issue here, but anyway, even if i could do it there, that wouldn't help me, what i'm trying to do is through the .theme files.

CrazySouthernBoy
September 28th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I dont think you can do that. I could be wrong though.

Kyron
September 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Well, that would be quite weird since you can do it for each and every other sound using this format:

[AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\.Default]
DefaultValue=%SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\Zero-G\Sound Scheme\Windows Ding.wav

I just need to know the right format/path for the windows startup sound :(

CrazySouthernBoy
September 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Well I know the default sound folder is here C:\Windows\Media

Kyron
September 28th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Bah, nevermind this, it won't be possible, i've checked the registry, and there an entry for every single sound exept the startup one, the only way is through imageres.dll.

And unfortunately, that's not something i can do automatically :(

CrazySouthernBoy
September 28th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ah OK. I tryed. lol