PDA

View Full Version : How to play movies from a usb key onto the xbox 360?

Vennie
October 25th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hi i want to put movies from my USB key and watch them on my xbox 360. But when i plug it on the 360 it says i have to go on xbox live and download an upgrade or somthing like it. But i dont have high speed so i have no xbox live. is there another way i could download that upgrade or watch the movie?

Mr GRiM
October 26th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I don't have an Xbox but I thought you could do a live sync with your PC and play movies straight from your PC to your Xbox

Luke's Troops
December 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Try going to a friend's house and downloading the "optional media update". It can also be found on the Xbox website, and burnt to a CD.

tacosalad83
May 9th, 2012, 12:11 AM
You can use Window media center on the xbox to connect to the network to your computer and watch it from there without the usb just be sure your window media center is on, on your computer, unless ... you you don't have wireless or cat-5 wire ... or a router ... then i can understand the usb ... but if i were you , i'd sign up for xbox live .. you get 1 free month ... you can download whatever you need on it ...

DestroCobra
September 21st, 2012, 08:46 PM
You can download updates on Xbox Live silver too. It is free.

ONE MAN ARMY
September 22nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
I am not sure if you can just plug the usb into the console and watch a movie like that. But if you have the internet and a router, with both your xbox and your computer connected to the router, you can link them with windows media center. Its worth looking into . Like I said im not sure. I know you can watch them this way! But you have to have your xbox and computer connected to your router. Google. it or youtube how. That always works for me .