PDA

View Full Version : How to create res files to be used in 7tsp packs

razorsedge
October 31st, 2011, 04:40 AM
Hi Everyone :)

Just got asked how you make res files to make your own 7tsp packs so here is a simple tut on how you do them :)

First mod up the dll you want to make a res file from do all your icons pics, uifiles whatever it is you want to edit in the dll.

Then open up the dll in restorator like so

next at the top of restorator click resources like so

now just scroll down in the menu to res files and save

after u click save a new window opens

just put a check in save resources in one file

and save only modified resources like so

now click save and it will create the res file of your dll with your modified resources :)

bigcyco1
October 31st, 2011, 07:24 AM
Awesome easy enough to follow thanks razor bud damani didn't know how to do this till now myself as i have never really care for 7tsp as it seems to complicated or more trouble than it's worth i guess i stand corrected lmao2

NAHOM
October 31st, 2011, 08:33 AM
razor Thank you for instruction :cool: In the past it took me a while to learn it without guidance from anyone now it seems too simple :happy:

gor17981
October 31st, 2011, 08:51 AM
Great tutorial mate, i'm sure this will come in handy daman

October 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM
arrggghhhh really easy..thanks for sharing friend.. \m/

Big V
October 31st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Great tut thanks tucker

Sux
June 22nd, 2014, 09:29 PM

Please, i need help with this.
after I changed the icons in one. dll file I want to make
res file, I can't mark another option "save only modified resources."
Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
And secondly, whether the file should be, for example, shell32.res or shell32.dll.res

razorsedge
June 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Please, i need help with this.
after I changed the icons in one. dll file I want to make
res file, I can't mark another option "save only modified resources."
Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
And secondly, whether the file should be, for example, shell32.res or shell32.dll.res

Hi Bud :)

Ok it looks like u have the extract only modded resources there checked its highlighted in blue if not for some reason with the one file u can always open up the res file in restorator after its made and just delete the folders in that res file you dont want that dont have modded resources. Even in the resource folders you want to keep say like the icon folder your able to go inside it and right click on individual ones and just delete them if you like.

As for the name where you need dll or exe or cpl on the file before the res so its shell32.dll.res in that top box in that window where it says save to one file at the end you need to add in the extention .dll before the .res yourself thats not something restorator does automatically so you need to add in the .exe .cpl or .dll before you save it or even after you save it just rename the file adding in the extention :)

Sux
June 23rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thank you for your response razor. I know where I'm wrong.
I do 7tsp icon pack for Win8. I hope that this is the same as for a win7?