PDA

View Full Version : internet stopped working

craggy
November 3rd, 2011, 02:18 AM
just thought i would let you know that my internet connection has been down since monday night, i was tearing my hair out trying to figure it out, been on to my ISP , and we went through alot of things trying to find the problem, so he's coming out today to give me a new router as we thought this was broken, so i decided to look at things i installed and downloaded recently, i was going throught this winboot program which changes your boot screen and discovered that one of the downloaded bootscreens was the cause of this, now that i have reverted back to the normal win bootscreen my internet has come back, so i thought i would just mention caution when using some of these bootscreens, and im now going to look a prat when he comes today :crying:

Big V
November 3rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
just thought i would let you know that my internet connection has been down since monday night, i was tearing my hair out trying to figure it out, been on to my ISP , and we went through alot of things trying to find the problem, so he's coming out today to give me a new router as we thought this was broken, so i decided to look at things i installed and downloaded recently, i was going throught this winboot program which changes your boot screen and discovered that one of the downloaded bootscreens was the cause of this, now that i have reverted back to the normal win bootscreen my internet has come back, so i thought i would just mention caution when using some of these bootscreens, and im now going to look a prat when he comes today :crying: It would be nice if you would tell us which bootscreen you had issues with so it can be corrected if there is a problem with it so other members don't have the same issue

Mr GRiM
November 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info, glad I have never worries about that 5 second animation now lmao, strange that it could cause your router to stop functioning though.

CrazySouthernBoy
November 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
It wouldnt be the Router it would be the Network Cards on the Computer... I had a some what problem with One of your Themes Grim. It wouldnt let me used a program that would only used Local Networking.

craggy
November 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM
hi, im not sure now what caused that problem although my internet came back when i reverted back to windows original boot screen, guy came and installed a new modem, one with a built in wireless receiver, hate it, keeps dropping out , having endless problems with it, in this day and age you think they would improve things not make them worse. so im on a cable connection with wireles for my other pc's to pick up, and the signal is worse through this modem, piece of S..T.:crying:

CrazySouthernBoy
November 5th, 2011, 02:27 AM
lol If you dont used wifi Then just turn it off. Plus Most Modems run on a 2.4Ghz.