PDA

View Full Version : Show search box in startmenu

XXXxxxXXX
November 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hello@all,

many themes on this site remove the search box from the startmenu. Is there any way to get this box back? Because I use the search box thery often and want to see what I write.

November 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
on a lot the search is hidden. bring up your start menu and just type what you are looking for. the search box will appear.

XXXxxxXXX
November 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
When I type in a word the result appears but not the search box. At least I havn't seen a theme on which the search box appears.

November 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
When I type in a word the result appears but not the search box. At least I havn't seen a theme on which the search box appears.

if you really want the search box on the start menu the best i can offer is this. i have winstep xtreme installed to replace the windows taskbar, and give me two other docks. i wanted search on the nextstart menu, so i found this. i hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/36815-search-shortcut-create.html

XXXxxxXXX
November 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Thats not what I wanted because it searchs in all my files. But I want it to just search in the startmenu. For searching a file anywhere on the harddrive I have a much better program called everything that finds every file on pc in just one second. Looks like I must live with this issue. Thanks anyway for your help.