PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk theme request!!!

kiruya
January 2nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm a big fan of steampunk and I've been searching around and tried to find a nice steampunk theme for win7 without any success..!
So I would request someone to create a pretty handsome steampunk theme for Windows 7. I would love if someone could do this! Thanks :D

PS. And if it's possible i would also love to have a theme pack so I can install it :D

beagleman1701
March 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
i second the request.

Tech4000
March 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM
Third... :)

kiruya
June 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM
3 years later and no one have done anything :(
Any tips on how to start creating themes, and I'll will try myself ;)

ONE MAN ARMY
June 20th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I can understand your frustration. But this Thread is open in hopes that someone that has the time can make your theme request. Now the fact that no once has commented just means that there is no Theme builders that are interested in such a request. Now I am sorry for this but if there is a theme that you really want to build yourself there is Tons of tutorials on here to get you started. Hope the best for you friend. This is how I started as well.

XxHackThisxX
June 20th, 2013, 10:53 PM
would be cool to see something like this huh :happy:63343

beagleman1701
June 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
yes like that that looks great.

wolfman.jam
June 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
ok so i saw this thread yesterday for the first time and it got me looking round and thinking a bit. im still very early on in the whole theme making process so for me, making one wasnt an option BUT BUT BUT!!!! its easy enough to put a decent setup together yourself. all i did was start here and use google to follow up and put on the finishing touches. that master of creation NOFX1994 has created a great theme called Cogg Universe. this is a really good start to a steampunk desktop. after i installed this, i took a look at what else i had on my computer that i could mess with. i started with firefox. i found a steampunk persona and installed that and a handy little app called stylish which when used with one of the many themes available, can really personalize your browser. i used Global Dark Style - twilight as the header font colours for web pages were pretty much the right colour spectrum and the background to all webpages are turned black (nice touch) i use rainmeter too and theres no shortage of steampunk plugins for rainmeter 3.0 (again just google for help there) i found my start orb on deviant art to finish the theme off btw i think its important i add that here). i use winamp as my media player so i looked on the official site and found a nice steampunk skin for it there and i know theres plenty of steampunk rocketdock skins available although i dont have it installed yet. all i have left to do now is to create a logon screen, find some steampunk icons that i can use for folders etc and create a mouse icon set
so at this moment in time, my desktop looks like this :-
hope this helps a bit in your quest!

update: ive managed to find a mouse cursor set (you have to change each pointer individually but a small price to pay) from rw-designer. google the name and steampunk together and it will link you direct. i also found an existing iconpack from wincustomize. you can download the pack for free, change the extention to zip, extract and alter manually or you can use iconpackager to do the hard work for you :)

Nox Cruor
October 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hi, I'm Kiruya, this is my new account... Thank for the few answer I got, I will look up all of it and maybe try making my own!

IceBabee
October 7th, 2013, 01:30 AM
There are some really awesome steampunk icons on Rocket Dock if you are interested! :)

IceBabee
October 7th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Try using the theme called "Skyrim Wood Theme" by Razorsedge! Awesome theme for using with steampunk walls :)

Battledraco
March 29th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Well, I've found the Steampunk: Time Lords, but that's only for Windows 8 and up... :/

Lamia
March 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Well, I've found the Steampunk: Time Lords, but that's only for Windows 8 and up... :/
Well you search wrong mate, here is one great Steampunk theme released here for Windows 7 users (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/66696-Steampunk-The-Time-Lords?highlight=steampunk), also this is very old request that now is already fulfilled! :peace: