PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Tablets

Big V
January 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Have you ever felt like when your playing in photoshop that your mouse is just not getting the job done.
Kind of like trying to perform surgery with a hatchet instead of a scalpel lol
I've recently been looking into buying a graphic pen tablet and have been doing some research on the net trying to find a good quality professional tablet at a reasonable price.
Ive seen a lot of Wacom Tablets available on the net but they are extremely expensive.
The ones I did find in my price range where very small and had limited work area size 3x4 and 3x5 inches about half the size of your normal mouse pad which for me didn't really appeal to me.
Then i stumbled across the Monoprice website and found some very nice deals on professional grade tablets at great prices and large work areas 10x6.25 inches.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841

I thought I would share a link to the site for anyone who might be considering purchasing a tablet.
From what i can tell they do ship worldwide but you will have to check for your country and rates.
I will be ordering the tablet pictured above in the next few days for myself at just about 55 bucks with s&h charge.

8pecxstudios
January 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
thanks BigV i want one of tho's for Zbrush it would make it so easy to do thing's and it would be awesome in PS :Smile::happy:

Syxguns
January 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks Big V!! Great find :money:!! I was reading some of the reviews on the product and noticed many that said the pen that comes with it feels cheap. They suggested that you upgrade the pen with a new one and keep the original for a backup. I also read that the battery in the pen is shrink wrapped and not defective, so before you replace the battery remove the shrink wrap. I'm going to grab one of these as well.

Here is one pen (stylus) (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841&cs_id=1084103&p_id=8297&seq=1&format=4#feedback)

Big V
January 20th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks Big V!! Great find :money:!! I was reading some of the reviews on the product and noticed many that said the pen that comes with it feels cheap. They suggested that you upgrade the pen with a new one and keep the original for a backup. I also read that the battery in the pen is shrink wrapped and not defective, so before you replace the battery remove the shrink wrap. I'm going to grab one of these as well.

Here is one pen (stylus) (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841&cs_id=1084103&p_id=8297&seq=1&format=4#feedback)

51619 Yes i read that also about the battery and pen I'm planning on ordering an extra along with the extra pen tips. If i'm paying for shipping i might as well get it all on one charge lol

CrazySouthernBoy
January 21st, 2012, 01:11 AM
Dude this is awesome! I might have to get one its kinda hard to use a mouse to get the right picture done. This would make is a lot easier. Thanks BigV

Syxguns
January 21st, 2012, 02:01 AM
Big V,

I'm planning on ordering an extra along with the extra pen tips

On that site I couldn't find any pen tips. I also couldn't find items like Airbrush Pens. The site seems a little difficult to navigate!! Like you, I would like to order everything at one time, but I may not be lucky on that!! I might just have to go with the tablet and extra pen.:unhappy:

Big V
January 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Well I thought I would post an update and a review since I have received my tablet.
The tablet I ordered is the one pictured above in the first post.
It seems to be very well built and has a nice sturdy feel to it.
It's gonna take me awhile to get use to it.lol
It took me maybe a whole 2 minutes to get the driver installed and it hooked up which was great... no problems at all.:peace:
As stated above in one of the previous post the pen itself does not have a real great fell to it. Kinda feels flimsy and cheap.:td:
I did order the additional pen that the site offers and it has a lot better feel to it :tu:
So far I'm very happy with the pad itself.
I did have to scale the scope of the active tablet size back a bit for my person prefrence.
It felt like i was having to stretch to much with the pen to reach the edges of the screen because of the size of the tablet and did not feel natural using full screen scope of the pad.
The tablet dimension size is very large and does take up a big space on my desk 14.25 X 10 inches.
Roughly it is about 3/4 the size of my keyboard in comparison.
The only other con i have with my choice is it does not have the clear liftup coversheet for using as a tracing pad like the 10x6.25 tablet without the hotkeys has.
Over all i would have to give it a 4 1/2 star rating knocking it just a bit because of the original pen quality.
The shipping was in a very timely fashion (it shipped same day as the order was placed)
The over all price i think was a great bargain. Tablet, extra pen, and additional pen tips + S&H = $66.00 US

8pecxstudios
February 1st, 2012, 01:34 AM
wow that sounds awesome BigV i wish i had one lol but i will have one someday thanks for the review as well as this thread...:money:

sete
February 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Thank you man.: Content:

Syxguns
February 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Just ordered the same tablet, extra pen, pen tips, and two flat screen LED wall mounts (1 for a 70" and 1 for a 47"). The prices on this site are amazing! $209 USD after shipping. The last wall mount I purchased for a 46" LED was $115 for a typical up and down, with no side to side movement!! I got the whole package and then some through these guys! Great find Big V!:happy:

Big V
February 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thought I would give an update after using my pad for a while I'm really love the pad it is very very nice only finding one small issue the usb cable is not long enough 3ft so i would recommend anyone ordering a pad to check out the cable section of the site and order a usb extension cable to go along with it. Just ordered a 15ft extension cable this morning $1.89us. Damn shipping is more than the cable lol