PDA

View Full Version : SOPA withdrawn, ACTA step in ?!

xxrazor
January 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks to 351837 for his share on tweakscene.com (http://tweakscene.com/index.php#axzz1kN31ejP3)

I read this, then watch the video attached, i have to say DAM, we are in trouble here, NO MORE PRIVACY PEOPLE :worried:

What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.

Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”

What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.

Negotiating Parties -

Australia
Canada
European Union
Japan
Mexico
Morocco
New Zealand
The Republic of Korea
Singapore
Switzerland
United States

SOPA withdrawn, ACTA step in ?!:unhappy:

qlFyoEKV0dE

Cheers
xxrazor

CrazySouthernBoy
January 24th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah man you kinda made the video a little bit to big... But thanks for the info. Also most of the shit that comes from Anon is not real.. Its just kids making these Videos..

xxrazor
January 24th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah man you kinda made the video a little bit to big... But thanks for the info. Also most of the shit that comes from Anon is not real.. Its just kids making these Videos..

I have reduce the Vid size, mate i have 2 x 27' screens, fitted fine for me

And you should check this out http://www.michaelgeist.ca/index.php?option=com_tags&task=view&tag=acta&Itemid=408

makes for a enlightening read,
not sure if everyone is aware, but there a few things going on with the internet at this time

MegaUpload - Closed.
- FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
- FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
- UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
- FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
- VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
- Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
- FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
- Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
- 4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
- MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
-Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
- Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
- Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA
- ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

Hmmm
xxrazor

CrazySouthernBoy
January 24th, 2012, 10:07 AM
lol Im on my laptop witch is 15". But yeah I'll read up on it, but when it comes to Anon some of the stuff they say is just bullshit.

xxrazor
January 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
While i understand your views on Anonymous it is important that we all know the underlining view here?

HACKTIVIST GROUP Anonymous has turned its attention to the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), an international treaty that arguably is even worse than the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) stalled in the US Congress.

The treaty already has its critics. European ministers have wavered over signing it, while the European Green Party has warned that it is a serious threat to human rights.

ACTA surrenders the policing of alleged copyright infringement to media rights owners who will be able to set their own fines, for example.

"ACTA also allows for the monitoring of internet users without initial suspicion," said the Green party in a statement last November, which added that it would mean "the handing over of their personal data to rights holders on the basis of mere claims and the transfer of this data even to countries without adequate data protection, all of which is in clear conflict with legal guarantees of fundamental rights in the EU".

Having busied itself with opposing SOPA and PIPA and other web shutdowns like that of Megaupload, Anonymous is now warning its supporters about ACTA and calling on them to act in opposition to it.

"'Internet censorship is wrong' #Anonymous #ACTA," says one message from the anonymousIRC account, and in a pointer to a statement from the group, anonyops added, "This way to the world war web. Single file, please. #SOPA #ACTA #FBI".

"What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries' law enforcement agencies," says the statement there. "Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA."

Perhaps ironically, in its opposition to ACTA, Anonymous finds itself for once in agreement with Forbes.

Source: The Inquirer (http://s.tt/15mQH)

cheers
xxrazor

Dark Knight
January 25th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Friends of Virtual Customs,

The past week we have all seen and heard alot on this subject and I must say the future is looking even darker.

As an American I must say that I am truly embarrased by the actions of my country as it is the United States that is pushing for all this. We as human beings have certain inalienable rights and two of those rights are freedom of speech and freedom of information and those rights are on the fringe of being invaded. If we as human beings do not take a stand for ourselves now there is no telling how far this will go. The internet CANNOT be governed, it is the one true place that one can go, no matter where you are from and speak freely without the fear of governmental repercussions, if these laws are passed that freedom will be gone. The propsed ACTA treaty will give not only my but any government that participates the freedom to spy on your internet activities and go through your personal computer at any time without any reason or suspicion whatsoever, THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

This is why I am 100% behind the folks at Megaupload and the other file sharing services, many of you may not agree with this but I also stand behind the actions of Anonymous because it seems at the present time they are the only ones who are actually making a stand, I'm sorry to say that blackouts at this point are just not going to work, a more firmer, aggressive action needs to be taken such as what Anonymous has been doing but with more aggressiveness and relentlessness. If I know my government, they could really care less if Wikipedia or Google blacks out for twenty four hours, it will still be business as usual in Washington.

BTW, incase you did not know sites such as Google and Facebook and many more are on the U.S. hit list it's not just file sharing services, the bottom line is they are fronting this as an anti piracy law but the real truth behind it all boils down to censorship.

This is not a matter of whether you have something to hide or not, it's a matter of human rights, you have them and they need to be preserved.

Today it's just file sharing services, tomorrow they may be rifling through your machine without a warrant and without your knowledge ........ it's time to make a stand.

xxrazor
January 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Dark Knight, i believe you are right, i think it had something to do with below as well

"MegaUpload Is Now Launching a Music Service Called MegaBox...
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
by paul

There's another gigantic wrinkle in the MegaUpload drama. Not only is MegaUpload fighting tooth-and-nail against Universal Music Group, but they're now planning the launch of a cloud-based music locker, download store, and do-it-yourself artist service. It's called MegaBox, and it's already up in beta with listed partners 7digital, Gracenote, Rovi, and Amazon MP3.

Actually, this is technically a relaunch of an earlier concept, and a perfect re-stab at major label opponents. "UMG knows that we are going to compete with them via our own music venture called Megabox.com, a site that will soon allow artists to sell their creations directly to consumers while allowing artists to keep 90 percent of earnings," MegaUpload founder Kim 'Dotcom' Schmitz told Torrentfreak this week.

In other words, another entry into the very crowded DIY space. But there's a lot more to this story. Instead of charging artists, Schmitz wants to pay artists - even for free downloads. "We have a solution called the Megakey that will allow artists to earn income from users who download music for free," Dotcom outlined. "Yes that's right, we will pay artists even for free downloads. The Megakey business model has been tested with over a million users and it works."

And there could be more mega-artist deals ahead, of the will.i.am variety. "You can expect several Megabox announcements next year including exclusive deals with artists who are eager to depart from outdated business models."

The rest looks like a combination platter of cloud-based music storage, download sales, and discovery, though the elements may still be coming together. In a test-drive this morning, we also found lots of major label content, but only managed to stream 30-second clips (we'll leave that discussion to the various armies of lawyers...)

MegaUpload has the capital to do this, but they are also pushing some emotional capital as well. That is, a stark juxtoposition between them and traditional media interests, ie major labels like UMG. "These guys think an iPad is a facial treatment, the internet is the devil, and wired phones are still hip," Schmitz blasted. "They are in denial about the new realities and opportunities. They don't understand that the rip-off days are over. Artists are more educated than ever about how they are getting ripped off and how the big labels only look after themselves."

cheers
xxrazor

xxrazor
January 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Sorry for the double post, but i have some more info

As cyberspace turns its attention to the SOPA and PIPA bills in the US, the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, or ACTA, has been quietly signed or ratified by most of the developed world and is arguably the biggest threat to Internet freedom yet.
ACTA has – officially – been in the works since 2008, and was signed by the US, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea in 2011. All negotiations were held behind closed doors, and it is mostly thanks to Internet hacktivist groups like Anonymous that news of the potential damage ACTA could cause has spread.
Most recently, Anonymous turned their attention to Poland, where officials announced that they will sign the controversial treaty on January 26. A number of government website attacks has left them paralyzed for two days, and several Polish websites have since announced they will go dark in protest at the treaty, echoing recent unprecedented actions by Wikipedia, Redditt, BoingBoing and many others.
However, Polish officials have said they will sign the agreement as planned. Government minister Michal Boni said "The ACTA agreement in no way changes Polish laws or the rights of Internet users and Internet usage,” after a meeting with Prime Minister Donald Tusk. The irony of that statement is that ACTA will do exactly that. It will surpass the sovereign laws of participating nations, especially in the matter of ISP monitoring.
ACTA's reach is far more global, with countries like the US, Switzerland, Japan and all European Union members in its grasp. It is allegedly being introduced "to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries' law enforcement agencies." But in reality, the measures that have been worked on by behind-the-scenes politicians and media industry moguls are just shy of draconian.
Under this new treaty, Internet Service Providers will police all data passing through them, making them legally responsible for what their users do online. And should you do something considered "breach of copyright" like, for instance, getting a tattoo of a brand logo, taking a photo and posting it somewhere, you may be disconnected from the Internet, fined or even jailed.
This, of course, threatens the entire founding idea of the Internet – the free sharing of information. But ACTA doesn't stop there. It goes beyond the Internet, bearing down on generic drugs and food patents. If passed, ACTA will enforce a global standard for seed patenting, which would wipe out independent, local farmers and make the world completely dependent on the patent owners (read "big corporations") for supplies.
The agreement states that it must be signed and ratified by 2013, but the seemingly late deadline is no cause for celebration. And if the secrecy surrounding this latest censor tool continues to hold, it may be put into effect without anyone noticing

Source http://rt.com/news/acta-internet-censor-treaty-591/

Europe is deciding right now whether to sign ACTA -- and without them, this global attack on Internet freedom will collapse. We know they have opposed ACTA before, but some members of Parliament are wavering -- let's give them the push they need to reject the treaty. Sign the petition -- we'll do a spectacular delivery in Brussels when we reach 500,000 signatures!

If anyone wants to sign the petition, you may do it here:SIGN UP (http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet/?copy)

cheers
xxrazor

8pecxstudios
January 26th, 2012, 01:00 AM
done my name is on the petition thanks bud

Fight To Stop The Death Of The Internet

sete
January 26th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Thank you my friend.: Smile:

Syxguns
January 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the link xxrazor!! Save the Internet from censorship and protect our freedom of speech!!:superman:

Harvey Sewdin
January 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
This is serious. A desicion must be taken.
My vote is set.
Let's hope this doesn't end up in the hands of some goverment. They don't care about our rights.

Hellcat
January 27th, 2012, 09:56 AM
:flirt:Hungary has also joined the ACTA, but We are not as big a problem,
thanks for share info, thanks for share link, I registered in the