PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Icon Help Need

Ryan_Se7en
January 31st, 2012, 07:30 AM
I'm using the HUD Red 7tsp pack by Mr. Grim. Whenever I upgrade the Firefox which I just did to FF 10, its icon changes to the original icon. How can I change that icon to the icon in the HUD RED pack? And is there a way to prevent the firefox to change to its original icon the next time I have to upgrade

Nachway
January 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Yes, after updating firefox icon changes to a standard, you need to go to Program Files / Mazilla firefox / firefox.exe and open with Retstorator, and replace the icon independently, so take this with an icon here:Smile:

gor17981
January 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
You can use restorator to replace the icon in the firefox.exe, (in the icon folder - image 1)

The other method is to place the icon in the firefox install folder, make a shortcut to the firefox.exe, go into the properties of the shortcut and you can change the icon for the shortcut instead of the exe. then drag the shortcut to the taskbar or wherever you have it pinned. That way the icon won't change when the software is updated. Hope this helps.

CrazySouthernBoy
January 31st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, after updating firefox icon changes to a standard, you need to go to Program Files / Mazilla firefox / firefox.exe and open with Retstorator, and replace the icon independently, so take this with an icon here:Smile:

When ever my FireFox udates is never changes the Icon. You also can change it to that Icon by right clicking the icon Properties>Shortcut>Change Icon.

Nachway
January 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM
I agree with you completely, ways to change the icon many:Smile:

Ryan_Se7en
January 31st, 2012, 04:01 PM
You can use restorator to replace the icon in the firefox.exe, (in the icon folder - image 1)

The other method is to place the icon in the firefox install folder, make a shortcut to the firefox.exe, go into the properties of the shortcut and you can change the icon for the shortcut instead of the exe. then drag the shortcut to the taskbar or wherever you have it pinned. That way the icon won't change when the software is updated. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Let me try this. I hope it'll help. If not, I have to change it manually every time i update it