PDA

View Full Version : theme not fully applying

dskiller
February 14th, 2012, 03:03 AM
I had a different theme from deviantart site, I replace system file manually, and then I wanted to try themes from this site, I put everything back to default with the system files and then install theme for example blade 2, it replaced everything expect for the explorer icons (start orb and forward and back back still windows default).

I tried it in my vmware windows 7 and it changed everything..

I try running the icon pack in 7tsp and it still wouldnt change it.

Harvey Sewdin
February 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Have you applied theme recource changer? It is an app that prevents edititng system files. Here is the link and a tutorial how to use it: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing

And i think that using 3th party software usually changes icon directory adresses. That makes other softwares using the default adresses not work. Maybe that happened in your case. Try theme recource changer first.

dskiller
February 16th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Yes everything was applied and still not working. but I also had some system bugs from previous system crashes that sometimes showed up, and one of them was explorer would sometimes stop working, and windows repair never found the problem....

I redid the system with a fresh format and installed windows and replied the theme and now everything works