PDA

View Full Version : Question about Taskbar

mkpcxxl
February 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hi, is there a way to have the taskbar from Blade theme like in the pics from the theme thread, when it's in uncombined state (I mean, when icons are not combinied, in this mode the taskbar is only black)? I'm talking about the blue stripe. Would be nice to get an answer because I try to change it in WSB 1.5 but found no way.

Thanks
mkpcxxl

XXXxxxXXX
February 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
If you tell me the width of your screen, I'll try something out, but I'm not sure whether it will work.

gsw953
February 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
It's actually very easy to change in WSB,just modify the taskbar image to include the taskband image and adjust the sizing margins.
here's a rough test example

mkpcxxl
February 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
XXXxxxXXX: My screen is 1650x1080.

gsw953: I've tried like you said, the result isn't the same. The blue stripe is now the whole Taskbar. But it's better than before.

Thanks for your help.
mkpcxxl

razorsedge
February 22nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
XXXxxxXXX: My screen is 1650x1080.

gsw953: I've tried like you said, the result isn't the same. The blue stripe is now the whole Taskbar. But it's better than before.

Thanks for your help.
mkpcxxl

Hi mkpcxxl :)

unfortunatly if you use the never combine option for the taskbar icons you will have to redo the whole taskbar in wsb this image Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBar > Aero > TaskBar > BackgroundBottom and this image Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBar > Aero > TaskBar > BackgroundTop as with the icons being uncombined this image here Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > BackgroundTop and this iamge here Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > BackgroundBottom are not longer viable in the taskbar meaning they are not used at all and those are the images where you have the blue stripe in the middle.

So the only way you can achieve it is to redo the other 2 images to larger ones and reset all the properties to get the look you are wanting :)

XXXxxxXXX
February 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
OK, I tried something out. Just replace the Blade.msstyles-file in the Bladefolder and apply the theme. I hope it's better now.

mkpcxxl
February 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
razorsedge: Thanks for your explanation. I will give it a try.

XXXxxxXXX: Thanks for your work, it's working, great.

mkpcxxl

mkpcxxl
February 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Found a solution: 7 Taskbar Tweaker from http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker. With this programm it works well.
The nice taskbar with the icons uncombinied.
Screenshot:
Perhaps anybody like this program.

mkpcxxl