PDA

View Full Version : Custom Themes for Windows 8

gooch mango
March 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hey guys. Has anybody tried applying custom themes or icon packs to Windows 8 yet? Do any of the theme patchers work with it? I tried UxStyle, but got no love from it... it thought some .dlls were already modified and would not install.

devvv128
May 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Windows 8 theme patcher comming for rc version of windows 8 (june 2012)

the dll's not working well , I try this and only window working taskbar not changed !!!!!

muneem
May 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
what kind of version windows do you use?

devvv128
May 7th, 2012, 11:03 AM
windows 8 CP !!!

razorsedge
May 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
don't bother trying to apply windows 7 themes to windows 8 they won't work because the ui is different in windows 8 then it is in windows 7 it's like trying to apply a windows 7 theme to windows vista different msstyles and ui elements :)

muneem
May 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
windows 8 CP !!!

OK here:

This patch will enable you to use unsigned Visual Styles.

Patch:

1) Replace dll(s)

To use custom theme:

1) Delete the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\VSCache\Aero.msst yles_langid_96.mss file
2) Replace aero.msstyles with cuztomized one
3) Select theme

Some things to consider
Adding new themes doesn't seem to work replace aero.msstyles or aerolite.msstyles.
Not the most optimal solution but it works. Included x64 patched dlls(s)

Works with: x86,x64

http://www.filesplat.com/.mfsec/shared/6YFEGAX0O28MHPTPQYYS3365K0SH5MGL----Windows 8 CP Visual Style Patch.rar

i just copied and pasted this but i didnt give forum link, i think its not allowed here im sorry! good luck :)

devvv128
May 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM
this folder aero/vscach is protected !!!!!!

gooch mango
May 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Windows 8 theme patcher comming for rc version of windows 8 (june 2012)

the dll's not working well , I try this and only window working taskbar not changed !!!!!

OK! That's great news. I installed Win8CP in a dual boot set up, but I rarely use it because I just cannot stand the way it looks. Too bland, too corporate, too fey. You'd think that a company as big as MS could hire a few graphic designers with taste and vision... but no.

Big V
May 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Guy i hate to repost what razor said in the above post but it's not going to work because the files are totally different. patch or no patch so if you screw you system up trying it don't come crying

Craig Nelson
May 14th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Thanks