PDA

View Full Version : HUD Apocalypse

Pages : [1] 2

Mr GRiM
March 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
HUD Apocalypse

In the year 2012 the Apocalypse is upon us and the end is coming swiftly for all evil and those who doubt the almighty creator, whoever survives in the later days will bask in the glory and eternal light of the creators kingdom.

A new complete set of icons is also available for free as well as many other great extras thanks to the VC Team and members.

Every effort was made to make sure every part of this theme is fully usable and has been extensively tested to make sure you are getting the best product possible.

If you are not satisfied or find a problem that needs fixing please let me know and I will do my best to fix your problem.

The theme comes in 2 parts, you can purchase just the theme from the VC Shop, which comes with an easy to use installer that also includes a new logon screen and Theme Resource Changer to change the Start Button, Explorer navigation buttons and Control Panel Navigation panes.

The second part of the theme is posted here for free download and will require 7tsp to install, the second part of the theme includes all the icons, windows media player skin, Task Manager mod and many other changes.

The HUD Apocalypse theme extras can be installed or uninstalled using 7tsp found here (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28733-Tool-Se7en-Theme-Source-patcher-v0.3-Build-3003?p=164065&viewfull=1#post164065)

For a Tutorial on how to use 7tsp have a look here (http://www.xptsp.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80)

Features:

There are 4 styles to chose from, 2 for the bottom details pane position (default) and 2 for the top details pane position, there is an aero and a basic style for both, The basic styles are also fully skinned and worth taking a look at and some people may even prefer it.

:bulletred: HUD Apocalypse Theme
:bulletred: HUD Apocalypse Icons
:bulletred: Wallpaper (Thanks to Submicron)
:bulletred: System Clock
:bulletred: Shell32 Control panel images
:bulletred: Apocalypse Cursors
:bulletred: HUD Sound Scheme
:bulletred: System Properties Logo
:bulletred: Getting Started top Pane
:bulletred: Games Menu Preview Pane
:bulletred: New WEI index images with square borders
:bulletred: wmploc (Windows Media Player) Skin/Mod
:bulletred: New Fonts Eurostile, Unsteady Oversteer and Vibrocentric
:bulletred: Theme Resource Changer
:bulletred: And much more!!

I would also like to add a big thanks to submicron (http://submicron.deviantart.com/) for his permission to include his great wallpaper Injected Lapis (http://submicron.deviantart.com/art/Injected-Lapis-162343801?q=gallery%3Asubmicron%2F8418615&qo=97)

This theme is available for purchase only in our VC Shop for a price of only $3.95 US (http://virtualcustoms.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=18)

Download FREE 7tsp icons and extras

download

(Please ensure you have restored all your system files before installing the new one and although 7tsp does create a restore point it's still probably best to manually create one yourself beforehand.)

When using the 7tsp installer with the theme extras it will not replace any system files, it will only add the modifications to your existing files and at the same time make backups of your files, so if you do have some mods already it should not effect those, unless one of the mods you have is one of the things listed above.

Theme Installs and the Theme Pack Extras were tested on my x86 VM and my main x64 Windows 7 Ultimate machine and both installed without any problems.

Additional Theme Extras

AIMP 3 Skin thanks to Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38039-AIMP-HUD-FINAL-(recolor-proof) (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38039-AIMP-HUD-FINAL-%28recolor-proof%29)

WINRAR Skin thanks to Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38080-HUD-Apocalypse-Winrar-theme

MUI Side Images thanks to Gor

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38070-HUD-Apocalypse-Mui-Side-Pics

Digital Circuits ROG Special edition RED Logon screen thanks to designfjotten

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=52928&d=1330982460

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/38101-Digital-Circuits-ROG-Special-edition-RED-Logon-screen

Important! YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST!

You must enable the use of custom themes by patching your system with Universal Theme Patcher
Universal Theme Patcher (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27909-How-to-Apply-Custom-Themes-in-Windows-7)

If you install the 7tsp theme extras and find you have lost your sound or if you are using a Creative Sound Card you will need to use Restore on 7tsp and then remove the pack from 7tsp, then open the 7-zip archive and in the resource folder you will see shell32.dll.res, you need to delete that file and then repack the theme pack using 7-Zip again, then load it into 7tsp again and reinstall it.

For some reason Creative sound cards do not like any changes to the shell32.dll and there is no way to get around that, the only thing that you will miss out on will be a few icons and the copy delete animation mod, nothing major and you will still have a great experience without them.

8pecxstudios
March 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Wow Mr Grim Yet Another Wickedly Rockin Theme Nice Job Bud:money:

Nachway
March 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Wow, Grim is just a masterpiece of fiction theme looks cool:Smile:

faizalotai
March 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Speechless Mr Grim:greedy:

lefty1981
March 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Awesome version of your Hud Edition!

Mr GRiM
March 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys and welcome back Lefty :smile:

Letícia®
March 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I can only say that this perfect / / Thank you my friend for this fantastic work:f::flirt:

Psyland20
March 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Amazing Premium Theme Mr GRiM

breakdown234
March 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
bout time now i got 2 main themes i can switch between buyaaaa!!! hud launch and hud apocalypse are my new main themes now i only gotta decide wich one i shall mainly use :shocked:

thanks for answering us red lovers prayers out there grim :crying:......, anybody care for a bootscreen for this beauty? and perhaps a sidebar gadgets pack in vain of hud launch gadgets pack?:Smile:

abdo70
March 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
cool work friend:givahand:

March 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), that just simply POPS. another great them from you.

Oshea
March 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Unreal, man...Outstanding, Mr Grim...
Thank you...

Danice
March 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM
This is awesome Mr Grim! :) I should grab this and Hud evo ASAP!

gor17981
March 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I have to say Grim, this theme is the baddest one yet, the icons are very sleek, and the theme is superb, :Smile:

XFX2600F
March 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM
wow amigos excelente trabajo:givahand:

March 5th, 2012, 01:16 AM
wow..very amazing theme..great work.

Shockwave S08
March 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Will you be making a version of this theme so that what would've been orange/blue/red in the HUD Launch series of themes is now an Xbox-style green?

hanukun
March 5th, 2012, 02:24 AM
love it first orange than blue and now red hope you do a green one next

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Well Mark another fantastic work my favorite one no doubt thanks bud :Smile:

Hellcat
March 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
:flirt: What can I say? master work Mark, master work as always :loving: :tu:

salomon
March 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
very good

Harvey Sewdin
March 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
MASTERPIECE as usual. Great work again GRiM. :gun:

Ariess Ibrahim
March 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Wow! This is awesome themes! Fantastic work. I love red color. hehe :superman:

cybacreep
March 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Just Downloaded all 3 themes. All install and looking good ( THANKS MARK ):anger:

Kino
March 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Congratz mr grim! i prefer this hud on all the hud themes
that you have made. great job as always mr grim!
:paryt2:

pats
March 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Really good work again Mr GRIM !

Love it .....

:smile:

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mark I have a problem whether the icons when I installed them I did not have access to my folders and I could not even shut down my computer And I had to restore the computer And I know how to use 7tsp And what amazes me that only those icons make me this problem the red icons of the first HUD everything is fine Also the blue and orange I have no problem Only whether these help bud, I think there could be a problem with them bro check it out please Thanks!

serschik
March 5th, 2012, 04:46 PM
nice recoloring,fantastic theme :Smile:

designfjotten
March 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Working on recoloring the logon and wallpaper i made for this theme now Mark :) posting it when im done, aaaawsooome theme BTW broh :)

gor17981
March 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Mark I have a problem whether the icons when I installed them I did not have access to my folders and I could not even shut down my computer And I had to restore the computer And I know how to use 7tsp And what amazes me that only those icons make me this problem the red icons of the first HUD everything is fine Also the blue and orange I have no problem Only whether these help bud, I think there could be a problem with them bro check it out please Thanks!

Remove the Authui.dll from the 7tsp pack, then install the pack, you can manually edit the authui.dll file after and it will be all good :)

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Remove the Authui.dll from the 7tsp pack, then install the pack, you can manually edit the authui.dll file after and it will be all good :)

Thanks for the reply bro What is this file at all bud ? & You understand what my problem? if so ,you can send me the file packaged bro And I'll try I hope it will solve my problem Thanks again mate!

gor17981
March 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
PM sent Nahom :)

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the help bro now I check it out :Smile:

Mr GRiM
March 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Sorry guys, maybe I should just remove that if it is causing issues for some of you, all it is for is the frame around your logon picture, something I never see anyway as I don't use a password lol

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
gor it does not help the software gets stuck for me and did not move at all.. And Mark what are you laughing :crying: do me a favor Fix for me pack like all packs, until now I did not have problems Thanks bud!

Mr GRiM
March 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Have you tried running sfc /scannow to restore all your files first?

I tried the topshellx86 and the normal packs on the VM and they both installed without issues

gor17981
March 5th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Nahom before you run the 7tsp again, remove the install folder from cprograms or c/programs(86), which ever you are using, then go into C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local and empty the temp folder. Reboot then run 7tsp with no problem :)

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Have you tried running sfc /scannow to restore all your files first?

I tried the topshellx86 and the normal packs on the VM and they both installed without issues

I tried also the topshell although I do not like the items above but I wanted to see what happens and the same thing Mark Wrap pack simple as always I'm not asking merely for help, for several hours I try on my own and fail I know for sure there is a problem with pack , I want these icons bud...

NAHOM
March 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Nahom before you run the 7tsp again, remove the install folder from cprograms or c/programs(86), which ever you are using, then go into C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local and empty the temp folder. Reboot then run 7tsp with no problem :)

Ok I Remove the Authui.dll from the 7tsp pack like you said gor and everything worked out Thanks again Bro daman

Thach
March 6th, 2012, 01:19 AM
I really want to use this theme but keep getting a error when trying to install it. I have attached a screen of the first errors that I noticed. The second one is once I got through and pick yes or no for all the steps and then pick 1,2,3,or 4 for the theme choices I get this error. Windows cannot find 'C\Windows\Resources\Themes\"HUD Apocalypse.theme". May sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. Does anyone have any insight as to what I am doing wrong? I have a Windows 7 64bit system and have installed the original HUD themes without a problem before. Thanks for any help that you can provide.52936

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I have to go out for a bit but when I come back I will have a look on Team viewer and see if we can sort it out.

dareaper
March 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Beautiful looking theme as always.Nice work.

sadia
March 6th, 2012, 04:37 AM
yo nice one please create a green one with some changes

busterbo
March 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
After installing theme and extras im having a couple problems. shutdown button not working and getting this error on a lot of exe's I try to run. Any help would be great .
52955Thanks

Mr GRiM
March 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
When you installed the 7tsp extras did you already have other packs installed before or any modified system files, if so then open cmd with admin privileges and type: sfc /scannow and restore all of your system files and then try installing the extras again.

Also it has been mentioned that the authui.dll.res in the pack is causing problems with logoff not working and other strange problems that I have been unable to reproduce without using other 7tsp packs from other artists first, so far I have only been able to reproduce this problem with one of the 7tsp packs from Razorsede installed beforehand and is why I recommend installing the 7tsp pack on fresh unmodified system files.

So far removing the authui.dll.res file from the packs has resulted in the packs being installed without problems, if you do remove it from the pack make sure that you remove the old pack from 7tsp first and then add the new pack without it in, you will need 7-zip which is a free program to pack it up as a 7z file again.

The other option is to use 7tsp's restore option and restore a single system file but from the looks of your screen that may not be possible.

Rember if you do restore all your system files that you will need to run Universal Theme Patcher again.

Virtu
March 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
The other option is to use 7tsp's restore option and restore a single system file but from the looks of your screen that may not be possible.

Rember if you do restore all your system files that you will need to run Universal Theme Patcher again.
Had a similar issue and came here to report the same but, found it already reported. :)

I realized that my (Alt + F4) stopped functioning immediately after installing this icon pack. Moreover, the 'Start Menu' lost the 'Shut down,' 'Hibernate,' 'Sleep,' 'Restart,' 'Lock,' 'Log off' and 'Switch user.' :(

Used the 'Restore' function within the '7tsp' and opted for the last (third) option 'Locate a single system file and restore it to Windows 7.' Everything's now back to normal - thanks to you, bro. :happy:

Flava0ne
March 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Had a similar issue and came here to report the same but, found it already reported. :)

I realized that my (Alt + F4) stopped functioning immediately after installing this icon pack. Moreover, the 'Start Menu' lost the 'Shut down,' 'Hibernate,' 'Sleep,' 'Restart,' 'Lock,' 'Log off' and 'Switch user.' :(

Used the 'Restore' function within the '7tsp' and opted for the last (third) option 'Locate a single system file and restore it to Windows 7.' Everything's now back to normal - thanks to you, bro. :happy:

Which file did you restore when you used that option in 7tsp?

Because I'm having the same issue after installing the 7tsp extras for this theme and it's the only 7tsp custom pack that I've installed.

gor17981
March 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM

Because I'm having the same issue after installing the 7tsp extras for this theme and it's the only 7tsp custom pack that I've installed.

The Authi.ddl.res file is the one causing the shutdown button not functioning, if you go into c/programs-programs(86)/7tsp, look for the authui.dll file in the backup folder, this is your original file, simply replace the one in system32, with this, then it will work, you can however manually edit that authui file and it will work. I use this method everytime with success.

zadar023
March 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Mr.Grim can I ask you where I can find only icons HUD apocalypse...thanks and +10 for the theme I am really enjoy this masterpiece...

Virtu
March 10th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Mr.Grim can I ask you where I can find only icons HUD apocalypse...thanks and +10 for the theme I am really enjoy this masterpiece...
Scroll to the top of this page - you'll find 2 download link. ;)

Virtu
March 10th, 2012, 03:25 AM

I used the 7tsp to restore a single file (authui.dll) by browsing to C:\Windows\System32\authui.dll

It just takes a moment to get it done. :)

8pecxstudios
March 10th, 2012, 06:39 AM
here guy's this is a script i made awhile back for someone who had to restore windows files with sfc /scannow just unzip run the script it will invoke the highest level of admin privileges scan fix and restart ready for you to install your 7tsp pack ok

i hope this helps

zadar023
March 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Scroll to the top of this page - you'll find 2 download link. ;)

I do not need 7stp...I need only icons....

gor17981
March 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I do not need 7stp...I need only icons....

Open the 7tsp file with 7zip, take out the resources folder, then open the files in there with restorator, you can get the icons that way, you will find the widest selection of icons in the imageres.dll.res

zadar023
March 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Open the 7tsp file with 7zip, take out the resources folder, then open the files in there with restorator, you can get the icons that way, you will find the widest selection of icons in the imageres.dll.res

thanks GOR...I will do that...I was thinking maybe is exist only icons for download you know what I mean...

Mr GRiM
March 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Here you go, just the icons http://www.mediafire.com/?7w8fgwxjim4x83f

zadar023
March 10th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Here you go, just the icons http://www.mediafire.com/?7w8fgwxjim4x83f

thanks Mr.Grim...this is what i looking for...

Flava0ne
March 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I really love this theme, but ever since I installed it or could be the 7tsp extras, I've been getting constant BSOD's on my once 24 hour stable OC settings and even when I revert back to stock settings. Any ideas on which system files that 7tsp modified/patched that could be causing this issue?

vanz
March 11th, 2012, 03:11 AM
how to use this themes can u give me a tutorial?..

skull1959
March 11th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I love it Mark fantastic Work Thankyou very much.

vanz
March 12th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Hello.. how to use the icon without installer?can you give me a tutorial if its ok 4u..tnx..

atiuru
March 13th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Awesome work.Thanks.:Smile:

breakdown234
March 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
well after extensive testing , i gotta say hud launch is overall more polished and easier on the eyes , hud apocalypse seems like a re-colour almost as if youve used the red colour scheme from the old hud red , no offense grim , take it as constructive feedback , and keep up the good work ;)

p.s: next time dont release a theme if it breaks the logon/logoff/restart/shutdown buttons xD

gor17981
March 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
well after extensive testing , i gotta say hud launch is overall more polished and easier on the eyes , hud apocalypse seems like a re-colour almost as if youve used the red colour scheme from the old hud red , no offense grim , take it as constructive feedback , and keep up the good work ;)

p.s: next time dont release a theme if it breaks the logon/logoff/restart/shutdown buttons xD

If you had read through the thread you would of seen that the log-off button issues only affected a very small group of people, and you would of seen an easy solution to that issue.

Ryan_Se7en
March 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
How come when I install the icon pack using 7tsp? My Power button does not work anymore?:worried:

gor17981
March 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM
How come when I install the icon pack using 7tsp? My Power button does not work anymore?:worried:

Do a single file restore using 7tsp and restore the Authui.dll file, that will fix that problem :)

breakdown234
March 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
If you had read through the thread you would of seen that the log-off button issues only affected a very small group of people, and you would of seen an easy solution to that issue.

i know but i was just saying since ive havent had that issue with hud launch or others , but yeah authui.dll restore fixes that issue indeed as youve mentioned a couple pages back ;)

jkd
March 14th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Thanks for creating a red version, the theme is amazing. Can't wait to see what you come out with next.:greedy:

jumper
March 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
thank you Mr Grim for the icons stunning work

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hey guys! Install the icons and now I work the power button, etc. ..

I have read a thousand times all the previous post to fix the shutdown problem, etc. ..

But I can not replace in any way authui.dll file and will not let me change it manually.

I can not open the program 7tsp, as it gives me error and no way to open it.

I tried to restore the computer to an earlier point, but does not work, as not restored.

I wonder if there is any solution or should I format the computer.

In advance thank you very much everyone for your help.

A Greeting.

Mr GRiM
March 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM

I have read a thousand times all the previous post to fix the shutdown problem, etc. ..

But I can not replace in any way authui.dll file and will not let me change it manually.

I tried to restore the computer to an earlier point, but does not work, as not restored.

A Greeting.

Open the start menu then type cmd then right click on cmd.exe and run as administrator, now in cmd (command prompt) type sfc /scannow and hit enter, this will restore all your system files to default, reboot to take effect when task completed and in the mean time I will remove these packs and put them back without the authui.dll.res file in there.

8pecxstudios
March 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM

A Greeting.

hay bud try this it will restore all system files to default ok
let me know how you go

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hello guys!

First of all thank you very much for your help!

I tried doing what you told me MR.Grim but I get this message:

"C: \ Windows \ System32 \ cmd.exe - A device connected to the system does not work"

I also tried your program Toadyshadow10, but I get the same message "C: \ Users \ Jose \ DesktopSFCSCA-SFCSCA-1.bat - A device connected to the system does not work"

I think I will play format, hehe

Thank you very much guys for your help and for responding so quickly.

a Greeting

faizalotai
March 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
maybe your default system is not on C:.
did you install windows to other drive like D\E:?

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I have only C, I have more calving, I guess it will be in C, hehe.

It's strange because many programs stopped working as "Cleaner" "TuneUp" and some more.

In fact when I run the command "cmd" I can access it, which is I can not access as administrator, that's when I get the error.

faizalotai
March 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
try reboot than run sfc scan back..hope that will help

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I've tried, but in doing so as administrator I get the same error as before.

Letícia®
March 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I've tried, but in doing so as administrator I get the same error as before.

uninstall the 7tsp program and install again / ​​/ and try to restore the icons to the default

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your response vampirita!

The problem is that will not let me uninstall the program or accessed.

Try deleting the program files folder, delete temporary files from AppData, etc..

But nothing, not let me delete the folder Program Files 7tsp.

Nor let me restore to an earlier point.

I think I'm playing the PC format ..

That laziness! hehehe

Letícia®
March 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks for your response vampirita!

The problem is that will not let me uninstall the program or accessed.

Try deleting the program files folder, delete temporary files from AppData, etc..

But nothing, not let me delete the folder Program Files 7tsp.

Nor let me restore to an earlier point.

I think I'm playing the PC format ..

That laziness! hehehe

have you tried to enter safe mode / / to try to correct this?

Mr GRiM
March 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
7tsp packs updated and authui.dll.res file removed, none of you should have problems with them now.

Sleazy
March 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
No Vampirita , I have not tried that yet.

Now I will try and comment to see what happens.

Thank you very much for the help!

Thanked wholeheartedly

Letícia®
March 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
"Grim" but also will have a package 7tsp with this file? / / because I use it.......

Mr GRiM
March 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM
If your using the old packs without problems then there is no need to do anything Leticia, if you had problems with the logoff not working like allot of these guys though then either remove the authui.dll.res file from the packs yourselves or download the updated packs, make sure that when you do this that you have restored all your system files first and you have removed the old packs from 7tsp.

Letícia®
March 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
If your using the old packs without problems then there is no need to do anything Leticia, if you had problems with the logoff not working like allot of these guys though then either remove the authui.dll.res file from the packs yourselves or download the updated packs, make sure that when you do this that you have restored all your system files first and you have removed the old packs from 7tsp.

not "Grim" I had no problems everything works correctly / / I thought you would not make more packages 7tsp with this file "authui.dll.res" / / but everything works correctly / / never gave me any problems:flirt2::f:

Mr GRiM
March 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I won't be including that one any more, I never seen it anyway as I don't have a password and I think it's a small thing to worry about.

Letícia®
March 15th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I won't be including that one any more, I never seen it anyway as I don't have a password and I think it's a small thing to worry about.

but many of us use it :crying::D/ / would be a pity if you excluded this file of packages 7tsp futures / / If I give you this rose for you / / you do not exclude the file:f::f::D

designfjotten
March 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I had the same problem i little while back:) i had problems with the extra package but everything worked perfectly wen i restored my PC :) so seems like Sleazy (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/180516-Sleazy) have some other computer problems :)

I can tell u peepz, how i fixed my problem :)

First, restored my computer to the restorepoint that windows suggested to me, restarted my computer, and run CMD.exe (remember to run as administrator) and run sfc\scannow this will restore all of the costemized files, then i restarted again.
started UniversalThemePatcher-x64 and patched 3 files, restarted.
started 7stp gui, and downloaded a new pack from link above, and added the new package, and patched my system, and now its working perfect again.
and diddent install the extra package yet, so thats why i think it's, a bug in that package, butt donno, maybe someting i have done too, i allways tweek and tune my PC :P hehe

Its real importent to restart after every operation u do, because u are handling systemfiles, and not regular files.

designfjotten
March 16th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hi peeps :D just wondering something, my screen looks like this:

how do i get the arrows, on the application bar? like in the preview?

namnam
March 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
How do i install the main theme?
All i get when i downloaded it is the HUD_Apocalypse_Premium_Theme.
What do i do with it?
I have never encountered a theme of this kind.

gor17981
March 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
How do i install the main theme?
All i get when i downloaded it is the HUD_Apocalypse_Premium_Theme.
What do i do with it?
I have never encountered a theme of this kind.

ok can you post a screen shot of the contents of the downloaded folder or zip? so we can see what we are working with here?, you can use the print screen key and paste the shot into photoshop or paint :)

namnam
March 16th, 2012, 03:16 PM

That is the only thing i get when i download. I have bought the premium theme pack and when i check my account and click the download button you know, (There is only one available) i only get this file. I can't open it i can't do anything with it.

designfjotten
March 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
have u read the first post broh :) u find the answer there, but i'll help u out :)

First u need to patch your system with Universal Theme Patcher (u need to patch 3 files) http://www.windows7download.com/win7-universal-theme-patcher/mnefyyoo.html
Then u can install the theme, using 7stp (source theme patcher) http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/7tsp.php

Hope this is helpful broh:)
:peace:

Letícia®
March 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM

That is the only thing i get when i download. I have bought the premium theme pack and when i check my account and click the download button you know, (There is only one available) i only get this file. I can't open it i can't do anything with it.

my friend "designfjotten" has reason / / but what I'm seeing is that you do not have the program WinRar / / you just need it to extract the theme

namnam
March 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I installed winrar and tried to extract it but it said the archive is corrupt -.- I feel like a retard for not installing it earlier, however how do i fix this problem?

namnam
March 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Got it working, you guys are the best. Still fell like a retard for not installing winrar before ;)

Letícia®
March 16th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I installed winrar and tried to extract it but it said the archive is corrupt -.- I feel like a retard for not installing it earlier, however how do i fix this problem?

good .................. if WinRar already this installed / / and is giving this error / / you can just download the theme again

designfjotten
March 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
my friend "designfjotten" has reason / / but what I'm seeing is that you do not have the program WinRar / / you just need it to extract the theme

He dont need winrar og 7zip to do this :) windows 7 has a built in de-compressing program for this, just open the .zip og .7z (donno if .7z work but i think it will) with regular windows explorer, and u can mark the files and right-click the file's and choose copy, and paste it where ever u want :)

Edit: if u still cant open it, try right-click, and choose properties and change the default program to windows explorer :)

Letícia®
March 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
yes but both WinRar or 7zip can extract the theme / / but as I prefer to WinRar / / then I recommended WinRar:flirt2:

CrazySouthernBoy
March 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
He dont need winrar og 7zip to do this :) windows 7 has a built in de-compressing program for this, just open the .zip og .7z (donno if .7z work but i think it will) with regular windows explorer, and u can mark the files and right-click the file's and choose copy, and paste it where ever u want :)

Edit: if u still cant open it, try right-click, and choose properties and change the default program to windows explorer :)

Windows 7 can open a compress file but not a .7z hence you need a WinRar or One of the other programs(forgot the names)

designfjotten
March 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM
yes but both WinRar or 7zip can extract the theme / / but as I prefer to WinRar / / then I recommended WinRar:flirt2:

True true

Windows 7 can open a compress file but not a .7z hence you need a WinRar or One of the other programs(forgot the names)

okai, was not sure :)

but one more thing, i posted a reply a few days ago, but no one will answer me :) hehe..
How do i get the 3 stripse on the task bar/application bar like in the preview pic :)

Mr GRiM
March 17th, 2012, 01:49 AM
7-Zip is the best thing to use, that's what I used to make the archive and I use 7-Zip because it has better compression then WinRar :Smug: don't get confused with 7tsp because it was just a coincidence that Fixit decided to make 7-zip the preferred archive format to use for the packs lol

So just to be clear I use 7-zip for everything so do not assume that it is a 7tsp pack unless the name starts with 7tsp like I do with all the packs.

DJALL
March 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for skin!!

gr4f1xJuNki3
March 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hey Grim. After I installed this the "Reactor" and "..." buttons don't do anything? With the previous version I could click "Reactor" to shut down or "..." for the list of Shut down, restart, sleep, etc... I have to use Task Manager to shut down now..:crying:

gor17981
March 18th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Use 7tsp to restore a single file, and the single file is Authui.dll, that will fix your problem :)

Sleazy
March 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM
have you tried to enter safe mode / / to try to correct this?

Thank you very much Vampirita !

Going into Safe Mode as you told me I could uninstall and reinstall 7tsp again.

Delete the icons Authui.dll 7tsp package, reinstall it again and now it works perfectly.

I wholeheartedly thank the support received through the post, for private messages: "LetÃ*cia" "Toadyshadow101" "Faizalotai" "MR.Grim"

Actually I have no words to describe how grateful I am and how people who are exceeding great.

Thank you very much guys, thank you very much for your help, your time and your attention.

Really are very special people.

A Big Big Hug!!!

Letícia®
March 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you very much Vampirita !

Going into Safe Mode as you told me I could uninstall and reinstall 7tsp again.

Delete the icons Authui.dll 7tsp package, reinstall it again and now it works perfectly.

I wholeheartedly thank the support received through the post, for private messages: "LetÃ*cia" "Toadyshadow101" "Faizalotai" "MR.Grim"

Actually I have no words to describe how grateful I am and how people who are exceeding great.

Thank you very much guys, thank you very much for your help, your time and your attention.

Really are very special people.

A Big Big Hug!!!

oh my friend I'm glad that everything went right / / you are my beloved vampirito who always helped me :loving:/ / I'll always help you .............. of course that I do I have to know how to helplmao:f::flirt:

Sleazy
March 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Eternally grateful Vampirita!!!

Many many abracitos!

gr4f1xJuNki3
March 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Use 7tsp to restore a single file, and the single file is Authui.dll, that will fix your problem :)

Was this answer for me? Seems that's for the authorization UI.... Just wanna be sure before I muck up my Se7en... Thanks!

gor17981
March 18th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Was this answer for me? Seems that's for the authorization UI.... Just wanna be sure before I muck up my Se7en... Thanks!

Yeah bud

gr4f1xJuNki3
March 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah bud

Restoring Authui.dll in SysWOW64 didn't fix it. Although it did come up as "corrupt". BUT, restoring Authui.dll in System32 DID(which I thought was kinda weird 'cause my OS is x64, anywhoo..).

Thanks for the help Gor! Appreciate it! Take care man....

jaye69
March 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
i cant get this to work? what am i doing wrong?? i have universal theme patch enabled via admin and all boxes ticked patch bought and downloaded basic theme pack so far and its showing up in my 7tps installer thing but no preview and no custom options on the login orb and the other thing?? i then click patch and it does stuff/ reboots twice but nothings changed?? i had a custom theme on other poc and i cnt figutre out why its not working??

pack ini missing?? apparently this is the problem? somebody help

jaye69
March 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM
infact spoke to my pc mate and told him what i was doing.. i keep getting an error msg when even if downloading the file to desktop or somewhere fopr ese of access telling me pack ini missing?? which to him means the initation was failing. so i do need some support with this please as just purchased this and cant get it to work??

Mr GRiM
March 19th, 2012, 08:24 PM
infact spoke to my pc mate and told him what i was doing.. i keep getting an error msg when even if downloading the file to desktop or somewhere fopr ese of access telling me pack ini missing?? which to him means the initation was failing. so i do need some support with this please as just purchased this and cant get it to work??

If your trying to install the theme then just extract it from the archive using 7-zip or winrar and use the installer inside, 7tsp is only for the free extras pack which you can download from the first post

jaye69
March 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM
i'll try this when back at home later.. sorry i'm not the best computer person in the world. but i did try right clicking to see about extracting but never add an option to extract? as a new build/ set up my mate mightve missed off zip programs so i'll downlaod one tonight and try it that way. thanks.

jaye69
March 21st, 2012, 05:28 PM
okay its all up and running, got the basics installed and saw the extras on the hud acc beginiing of forum, but all seem same and just installed the 64x , but only sound ive got is when i swicth my computer on? no other special effects except once i had a cpl noises when closed internet windows. i was in the personlaise souind window in personmliase windows so mightve done something? can someone suggest to me what sounds should there be or how to get better and more? As use to have toxic and loved the sounds. also how can i get extras ive seen in the forum likw the circuit?? as i dont seem to have these things/ read you can choose out of different things. but when ive installed via 7tps the extras other than modding my icons eetc they dint do anything else.. i do have the screens on side where i see i could custom stuff but ask for me locations of items and pics? so does the hud extras unlock some pictures somewhere where i can swap over?

thanks and this time round im sure ill get it tweaked.. my new sys is looking hot.. all red leds and soundlights r lookign good :-P

bluex
March 23rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
I am not disappointed with my purchase thank you for this wonderful theme:greedy:

NeroRedgrave
March 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I applyed your free Extras to the Rise of the Primes Red Theme, but why is there no change of the user frame on the log in screen? The blue borders look's a little bit strange. ^^

Myths
March 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
After installed the icon pack trying 3 diffrent times I am no longer able to open files that require an admin popup screen, i get the message a device attached to the system is not functioning. I cant find help anywhere on forums about this problem. any help please?

sancimax
March 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
i installed the theme everything ok but when i install icon pack few programs i cant open does anybodz now how to fix this error (device attached to the system is not functioning) win 7 64 bit

bluex
March 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
done with the restoration program 7tsp because you install a 7tsp_HUD_Apocalypse_Icons_Theme_Extras_Topshell_X64.7z when they just had to install this one 7tsp_HUD_Apocalypse_Icons_Theme_Extras.7z i hope this will help you sorry for my bad english

Mr GRiM
March 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
After installed the icon pack trying 3 diffrent times I am no longer able to open files that require an admin popup screen, i get the message a device attached to the system is not functioning. I cant find help anywhere on forums about this problem. any help please?

i installed the theme everything ok but when i install icon pack few programs i cant open does anybodz now how to fix this error (device attached to the system is not functioning) win 7 64 bit

Did you guys download the packs from this site?

Benjamin Boo!
March 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM
This is not the same as HUD Red is it? It's got me confused ha. :)

Big V
March 30th, 2012, 01:27 AM
No it is not the same it is an updated version of hud red with new images and numerous changes

gor17981
March 30th, 2012, 05:21 AM
This is not the same as HUD Red is it? It's got me confused ha. :)

Here are some screens for comparison, there is some major differences :)

sancimax
March 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM
for me was not working until i make factory recovery on my laptop now also have some small problems caused by windows update (explorer icon missing but you can solve this bz restoring icon pack and patch again)

Mr GRiM
March 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
for me was not working until i make factory recovery on my laptop now also have some small problems caused by windows update (explorer icon missing but you can solve this bz restoring icon pack and patch again)

Yeah it's a good idea to install these packs on fresh system files to avoid any problems and also make sure all your windows updates are done as they will replace some files that have been patched on occasion, good thing with the 7tsp packs is they don't replace your new updated files with older ones, the packs will just patch your new system files, unlike all the other people who include the complete system files.

Predator-cz
April 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I wish there was a video (X hours long) of your entire work....
I would just sit here, watch it for hours and be amazed :cunning:

It still doesn't go over my head, how can you create such things :D

bigfineboy
April 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Nice theme for asus ppl.

AZER
April 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Da Jinx creation aka "azer"

Ashley_B
April 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM
this red is very good:tu:

MOST_WASTED
May 2nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
im not worthy! but its very cool so im grabbing one:cunning: hehe. thanks mr grim. u awesome

Haddon86
May 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
awesome, well worth the 5 bucks

tacosalad83
May 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
lots of red ... but overall ... great theme i like it !

rossallen
May 9th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Really like the color,seems to make it work well for this theme.

toxic9999
May 13th, 2012, 03:48 AM
nice one

TaraNoa
May 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Just an amazing theme in each available color. Tbh, the best and most detailed work i´ve seen so far. :Peace:

Anyway i would like to ask if there's any possibility to get a HUD WHITE version including a color specific icon pack.

Keep up the great work.
All the best, Tara

pnickz
May 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM
what can i say... creativity really is limited by our imagination.. great as always mr. grim..

Roysie2012
May 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Out of this world!! Stunning :tu:

fukdawrld
May 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
thanks for this

framemaster
May 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Love the theme goes nice with looks of my asus rampage extreme IV :cheeky:

eXclusivity
May 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Curious to see what it looks like.

f1schu
May 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Loving this skin best quality I've seen yet, you my friend have some talent!
Can you tell me what is different between the 7tsp packs for this and HUD RED as they look the same.

ViruS
May 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM
nice work.. looks smooth and futuristic :) well done ...

jaytan1991
June 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
nice team and nice work!!! i want it more

jakecharger
June 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hi i am running HUD Apocalypse on my laptop but like i use to run ZERO-G but like ZERO-G some of the coloring in areas make it hard to see the text like when i am typeing a email in my Yahoo account i can't see what i'm tytping in the subject, to, or BCC line the hole box is dark gray and the text is the same color so it blends right in the only way i can tell what i'm typing is to stop and highlight the hole area so the text lights up. i think with ZERO-G i just started changing colors in places but that kid of killed the point of having a theme. does anyone know a easier and more effective way to change this field to white with out changing every thing else

squall7373
June 4th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Mr Grimm, I purchased the 3 pack for your premium themes. I recently finished the mod on my computer and now have Apocalypse on my computer. Two things, first of all I wanted to say thank you and great work, I love the theme. Second, I wanted to see if you could help me with a problem.. after getting everything set up, when I click the "start" menu, and try to click the "reactor" or the side button next to the reactor nothing happens. I assume the reactor button means "shut down" and the side button gives you the options like restart, etc... Could you help me with this? I'm not sure what is going on but I know have to shut down or restart by hitting CTRL ALT DELETE and doing it that way.

JohnDay
June 4th, 2012, 03:33 AM
@squall7373 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php?u=208012) this has been a problem in the past with a few win7 themes, ive had it myself a couple of times. Try running restore from within 7tsp. Let the computer restart then re-install. and let it restart as and when it needs to with 7tsp.

There is an explanation as to why this happens somewhere on the site but i cant remember where at this present time. Ill try to find it and get back to you with it.

EDIT* Ok, well i cant find the actual post that explains it, but the basic premise of it was if you had a 7tsp icon theme pack installed previously, something in the theme extras pack conflicted with another as far as i understand it. So to fix it just use restore with 7tsp then re-install the theme extras pack, This should fix your problem.

squall7373
June 4th, 2012, 05:33 AM
this has been a problem in the past with a few win7 themes, ive had it myself a couple of times. Try running restore from within 7tsp. Let the computer restart then re-install. and let it restart as and when it needs to with 7tsp.

There is an explanation as to why this happens somewhere on the site but i cant remember where at this present time. Ill try to find it and get back to you with it.

EDIT* Ok, well i cant find the actual post that explains it, but the basic premise of it was if you had a 7tsp icon theme pack installed previously, something in the theme extras pack conflicted with another as far as i understand it. So to fix it just use restore with 7tsp then re-install the theme extras pack, This should fix your problem.

Thanks for the advice.. I actually thought of that, and tried doing it when another problem surfaced. When I tried running 7tsp I get an error message that states "A device attached to the system is not functioning.". So I did a little troubleshooting, and realized that I couldn't run anything.. So, bottom line, I screwed something up.. currently in the process of a system restore right now.

In regards to your "Edit" Yeah, I probably corrupted something because I installed it wrong the first time, tried again, didn't work, tried something else.. finally worked, but now I have these problems. After the restore I'm gonna do it the right way this time. ;-)

Thanks for the help bud.

JohnDay
June 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Just start computer in safe mode and run it from there, instead of a system restore, i think i remember i had to do the same thing aswell.

squall7373
June 4th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I've already done the restore... I'll give your suggestion a shot if I run into the problem again. Now, when you say you remember having this issue.. did your system say "A device attached to the system is not functioning."? Or are you referring to some other reason you had to use Safe Mode.. Or all of the above (Open 7tsp, fix problem, etc.. etc..)

Thanks for your help.

slayers25155
June 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM
very cool thank:superman:

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Just start computer in safe mode and run it from there, instead of a system restore, i think i remember i had to do the same thing aswell.

Alright, I restored my computer, got everything updated to where it should be, then tried setting the Apocalypse theme up again. After running it this time I realized that I didn't have the reshacker installed or in the file with 7tsp. I realized something was up because my start button didn't change (I don't know if that is due to the reshacker not being there or not, but it led me to other things) so I tried running 7tsp again so I could restore the settings back to what they were. That's when I got the first error again; the "A device attached to the system is not functioning" error.

I followed your advice and went into safe mode and accessed 7tsp from there and restored the settings, then rebooted. I downloaded reshacker and put the .exe file in the same folder as 7tsp. I then ran 7tsp again. This time after the double restart I ran into the same problems as above; the start button isn't patched, when I try to run 7tsp or another .exe file I get an error that says "A device attached to the system is not functioning".

What am I doing wrong here? I'm stumped! Which is even more frustrating because I'm usually the person to figure things out... Any help is appreciated.

Also, the first problem is still there after both try's... The one where the "reactor" doesn't shut the computer down, and the button next to the "reactor" doesn't display restart or the other options.

Thanks,

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 01:41 AM
FYI
These are the steps I've taken:

Run Universal Theme Patcher
Run Theme Resource Changer
Run HUD Apocalypse Theme x64 (Yes I have a 64 bit system)
Run 7tsp and install 7tsp HUD Apocalypse Icons Theme Extras

When I do it this way I get the issues described above.

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM
FYI
These are the steps I've taken:

Run Universal Theme Patcher
Run Theme Resource Changer
Run HUD Apocalypse Theme x64 (Yes I have a 64 bit system)
Run 7tsp and install 7tsp HUD Apocalypse Icons Theme Extras

When I do it this way I get the issues described above.
Did you install the 7tsp pack over top of an already existing 7tsp pack that could be the issue
If so you need to do a restore using the 7tsp program before you attempt to do an install of the pack

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Did you install the 7tsp pack over top of an already existing 7tsp pack that could be the issue
If so you need to do a restore using the 7tsp program before you attempt to do an install of the pack

Thanks for the advice, see the post above the one you answered. Bottom line.. Yes, I restored before trying again, and the first time I did it after a complete computer restore it was still giving me the same problems.

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
The 7tsp restore that I used was the first option. The one that says "Restore modified system files to before 7tsp was used."

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Hmm did you download this pack from our site or somewhere else

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Yeah, the pack was downloaded from this site.

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Yeah, the pack was downloaded from this site.

ok next use 7 zip to unpack 7tsp pac and check and see if it contains authi.dll in it i know some people have had issue with that dll if so delete the dll and rezip the pack using 7zip

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:40 AM
ok next use 7 zip to unpack 7tsp pac and check and see if it contains authi.dll in it i know some people have had issue with that dll if so delete the dll and rezip the pack using 7zip
I will give that a shot, I'll let you know how it goes... Thanks for the help

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 02:42 AM
you are using windows 7 correct??

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Ok, when I do as instructed and remove the file I re-zipped it with 7 zip, and tried to choose the new pack with 7tsp. However, the 7tsp program says it could not fine pack.ini. Is that a part of the authi.dll? I haven't patched yet... I'm waiting for your answer. Thanks

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 03:13 AM
you are using windows 7 correct??
Yes, Windows 7 Home Premium

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 03:14 AM
no the reason you can't find the ini is you zipped it wrong lol
Common noob problem lol
When you zip the pack the ini can not be in a folder it has to be free inside the pack
So if you are looking in the pack you should see the folder with all the res dll's ,cpl,s,etc contained in it and then the ini by itself

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 03:28 AM
no the reason you can't find the ini is you zipped it wrong lol
Common noob problem lol
When you zip the pack the ini can not be in a folder it has to be free inside the pack
So if you are looking in the pack you should see the folder with all the res dll's ,cpl,s,etc contained in it and then the ini by itself
YESSSSSS.... I LOVE being a noob... :itch: I figured it out before I saw the post... so I've restored my sense of self worth.. LMAO

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I think this actually solved the issue... now I'm going to restore the computer again after the mess I've made of the system files... I'll retry everything again once it's finished and post if this was indeed the fix. Thanks again for the help..

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 04:16 AM
If your having alot of system errors you might want to run a command prompt and run sfc /scannow
this will restore all your OS system file to default but it will also remove any moded system files you have done
after you have ran the command and it has completed and you have rebooted you will need to repatch your system for wearing 3rd party themes again

Oshea
June 5th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I feel like such an idiot right now...

I installed this pack on my desktop a few weeks ago...
Half an hour later, realized I was dealing with the EXACT same issues;
..."a device attached to this system is not functioning"
...no Admin Control... Couldnt run or update anything...
...the word 'SHUTDOWN' disappeared from the start menu, and its list no longer responded...

I just assumed the Universe cocked its great big F.U. gun, and stuck it in my face...
At no point in the last three weeks did I think: 'Hey. Stupid. Maybe its the pack.'

squall7373
Thanks for posting, bud...
Im indebted.

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 05:00 AM

...the word 'SHUTDOWN' disappeared from the start menu, and its list no longer responded...

I just assumed the Universe cocked its great big F.U. gun, and stuck it in my face...
At no point in the last three weeks did I think: 'Hey. Stupid. Maybe its the pack.'

squall7373
Im indebted.

lmao2

Damn I needed a good laugh
Great comment bud lol

Oshea
June 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM
lmao2lmao3 Thanks, bud...

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM

@squall7373 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php?u=208012)
Im indebted.

LOL Yeah I had tried to do this a few weeks ago as well, had the same issues, I decided not to mess with it again. Often times I find when I sit and contemplate something I can usually figure out what is going on. Finally, it bugged me enough to just figure it out so I tried again. As you've seen in the previous posts.

Once I started, and I kept getting the same errors I was like "WHAT THE F...", screw it, I'm posting... A big shout out to Big V, and thanks to JohnDay for the help they've provided. Haven't been able to start the process again yet, but I'll post once I get it.

Thanks,

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
If your having alot of system errors you might want to run a command prompt and run sfc /scannow
this will restore all your OS system file to default but it will also remove any moded system files you have done
after you have ran the command and it has completed and you have rebooted you will need to repatch your system for wearing 3rd party themes again

Awesome... That's another question I had, but it was low on the totem pole! I appreciate it!

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Awesome... That's another question I had, but it was low on the totem pole! I appreciate it!
If you are having a lot of errors i would not put it very low on the totem pole
I would run this command before i would try do to another attempt at 7tsp
Just remember after it runs and completes to repatch your system with universal theme patcher again because it will undo the patch.
I would do that before I would try 7tsp again

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
If you are having a lot of errors i would not put it very low on the totem pole
I would run this command before i would try do to another attempt at 7tsp
Just remember after it runs and completes to repatch your system with universal theme patcher again because it will undo the patch.
I would do that before I would try 7tsp again
Agreed, normally this would be top priority if I were still having these issues. I just did a system restore last night so I'm back to factory settings. I should be good this round, but the advice you gave still stands.. As of now it's low on the totem pole because of the system restore. If I have the same problems again I will use the command instead of restoring to factory again. Thanks for all of your help!

JohnDay
June 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Its not a problem Squall7373, i just try to help out when the main guys are in bed and i have the answer, and quite frankly i normaly have the answer cos ive made the same mistakes :P. Now you have the main guys helping ill leave you too it. GL sorting out the problem m8ty.

gor17981
June 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
The Shutdown disapearing problem is caused by authui.dll.res, you can remove that from the 7tsp pack, also you can manually edit that file after you have run the 7tsp pack and the problem isnt there, its a strange issue.

Big V
June 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Its not a problem Squall7373, i just try to help out when the main guys are in bed and i have the answer, and quite frankly i normaly have the answer cos ive made the same mistakes :P. Now you have the main guys helping ill leave you too it. GL sorting out the problem m8ty.

Thank you John and we do appreciate your help around here when we are not here bud

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all of the advice and help everyone.... The shutdown feature, and restart menu seem to be good now after editing the 7tsp file and taking out the authui.dll.res file. However, the start menu button, and the Windows icon in the system properties window is still there. I'm guessing the theme didn't patch all the way? What do you suggest I try from here?

Oshea
June 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all of the advice and help everyone.... The shutdown feature, and restart menu seem to be good now after editing the 7tsp file and taking out the authui.dll.res file. However, the start menu button, and the Windows icon in the system properties window is still there. I'm guessing the theme didn't patch all the way? What do you suggest I try from here?
squall7373

Hey bud...
Post a screen with a window open, would you?
Also, maybe check your DPI settings, and see if youre set to 100% or not...
Ive had that issue in the past...

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM

Hey bud...
Post a screen with a window open, would you?
Also, maybe check your DPI settings, and see if youre set to 100% or not...
Ive had that issue in the past...

Yeah, no problem... I'll post one up here in about an hour or so when I get back to the house.

squall7373
June 5th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Oshea Here is that screen shot you requested. As you can see, the start menu is still default, two of the icons in the sys tray are white, the Windows logo is still in the System Properties window. Also, my resolution is set to 1920x1080.

Thanks,

Oshea
June 5th, 2012, 11:58 PM

Yeah, I was wondering if your navigation buttons had changed, but they haven't...
Regardless of your resolution, I think its probably your DPI settings...
Check these out, and see if youre set to 100%...

squall7373
June 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Oshea, YOU sir are an F'ing GENIUS! We are rollin now, and I am back in the ball game. Thanks for the help bud. daman

Oshea
June 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
@Oshea (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php?u=190476), YOU sir are an F'ing GENIUS! We are rollin now, and I am back in the ball game. Thanks for the help bud. daman

Hey! Thats great news, man!
Thats such a killer theme...
Also, I think Ive demonstrated that I am, in fact, NOT a genius...
lmao3
But thanks... Im glad I could return the favour...
:encouragement:

squall7373
June 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hey! Thats great news, man!
Thats such a killer theme...
Also, I think Ive demonstrated that I am, in fact, NOT a genius...
lmao3
But thanks... Im glad I could return the favour...
:encouragement:

This seriously describes what I was looking like about ohhh a couple hours ago. :cazy:Hah.. Well, either way. I appreciate the subtle fix you suggested. Now back to getting everything back to the way it was.. Ughhh, long night :td:

darkdudefly
June 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
This looks amazing :)

mikit1
June 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM
great job

Wm3
June 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
red is really beautiful

Jango
June 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM
That's one of the coolest themes I've ever seen!! :peace:

elvisto
June 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM
another great theme u made:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

pijatron
June 19th, 2012, 05:02 AM
mr grim i have a question.....
can you pls tell me what i have to learn so i can make themes like yours.
just a few pointers to get me going in the right direction.......
thanks.

Big V
June 19th, 2012, 05:25 AM
mr grim i have a question.....
can you pls tell me what i have to learn so i can make themes like yours.
just a few pointers to get me going in the right direction.......
thanks.
Well first you need to get your hands on a copy of Windows Style Builder
Plus a copy of a graphic editor like photoshop or gimp.
You will need a resource hacker program like restorator also

Once you have all those check out the tut section of the forum http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/810-Windows-Style-Builder-v1-5-Tutorials

Keep in mind your not going to build a theme in a single evening they take a lot of work and time.
When grim is building his themes he will spend several weeks or longer on it. But this is also why his are the top themes.
It all depends on how in depth you want to push it and how polished you want it to look when your finshed.

Chris Massagee
June 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM
dumb question here but whats the difference between these ,i have downloaded others like this but i wasnt sure the difference

HUD_Apocalypse_Icons_Theme_Extras_Topshell_X86
and
HUD_Apocalypse_Icons_Theme_Extras

Big V
June 19th, 2012, 10:27 PM
The difference is the topshell enables your detail pane to be at the top of your windows pane and the other is the standard with the detail pane at the bottom of the windows pane

Chris Massagee
June 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM
The difference is the topshell enables your detail pane to be at the top of your windows pane and the other is the standard with the detail pane at the bottom of the windows pane
ok ive been grabbing both packs,because i had the icons or something was different ,but now i know its just the detail pane . thanks

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm having nothing but issues with the installation of this theme :s

First it would go through the process of creating the temp files and "installing" the theme, but when I got to the last page of the installer and selected my desired theme it told me it could not find that theme.. it does the same with all 4.

After a while I got as far as having it mostly installed except for the taskbar/start orb. I tried to start again and it won't get past the initial issue with the theme selection.

I've tried moving the themes over manually but it doesn't work, I've set the compatability to win7 and also run as administrator. None of it works, from the guides I looked up I'm doing it exactly like everyone else is but not getting the same results of course and as far as I can tell (through some google hunting) its not a common issue.. in fact I came up with nothing on it :/

Any help?

Cheers

Big V
June 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm having nothing but issues with the installation of this theme :s

First it would go through the process of creating the temp files and "installing" the theme, but when I got to the last page of the installer and selected my desired theme it told me it could not find that theme.. it does the same with all 4.

After a while I got as far as having it mostly installed except for the taskbar/start orb. I tried to start again and it won't get past the initial issue with the theme selection.

I've tried moving the themes over manually but it doesn't work, I've set the compatability to win7 and also run as administrator. None of it works, from the guides I looked up I'm doing it exactly like everyone else is but not getting the same results of course and as far as I can tell (through some google hunting) its not a common issue.. in fact I came up with nothing on it :/

Any help?

Cheers

Did you get the theme from our shop??

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Did you get the theme from our shop??

yeah mate, just earlier this evening.

I managed to get most of the theme up and running again but not the task bar, start orb or the bar along the top.

It seems that at the end of the installation when it should transfer the files from TEMP to THEMES it fails to do so. I had a look after the installation and all the folders in the themes were empty and the files were still in the temp folder even though the installer clearly states it is deleting the temp files.

Basically to get it to load any of the theme at all I have to move the temp folders/files over manually when I'm presented with the choice of 4 themes at the end of the installer... not really sure what's going on as I'm not running any dodgey software to interfere with it (im actually on a clean win7 install - reinstalled today after an overclock went incredibly wrong :D) and i have patched my system with the universal patcher software..

gor17981
June 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Have you disabled the user account control? Go to Control Panel / User accounts / Change User Account Control Settings, and slide the the slider right to the bottom and restart your system.

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Have you disabled the user account control? Go to Control Panel / User accounts / Change User Account Control Settings, and slide the the slider right to the bottom and restart your system.

yup, its the first thing i do on a new windows install.

Big V
June 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ok if you have 7zip or winrar just place the installer on desktop and extracted to a folder on your desktop
once you have done that look inside for the install folder then you'll see another folder inside that called 1 open it you'll see the four theme files and hud folder just copy those to your theme folder c/windows/resources/themes you don't need to mess with x64 or x86 folders if you already have theme resource changer installed

Also check and see if your dpi text setting is set 100% controlpanel/display/set custom text size (dpi)

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
okay done. Text DPI was at 100% as default.

Switching the temp folder from the default to one on desktop allowed it to install without the error I mentioned earlier, saves time but this is as far as I had managed to get when I manually moved the files before finishing the installation.

However I'm still missing the start orb and the top panel :( I've tried to find, and load, the orb with 7tsp but I can't find it anywhere in the hud folders..?

Appreciate all this help btw V.

gor17981
June 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
The start orb should apply automatically with theme if you have theme resource changer installed, double check in programs and features to see if this is installed, (the start orb is inside c/windows/resources/themes/HUD apocalypse/Explorer.exe),
Are you getting the Left and Right Navigation arrow images when the theme is applied?

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
This is what it keeps coming out as now.. Before hand it had the correct textures most windows, it was only missing the orb and the shortcut bar from the top..

The installer seems to be a bit dodgey really.. when i try to change the path for the temporary files (at the start of the installer) it pays no attention to where i choose and forced them in to the c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp directory... and from here it cannot seem to delete them when the installer is finished, nor can it transfer the files automatically to the c:\windows\resources\themes folder... and when i try to move them manually and then load the theme... well below is how it looks now.

I've been installing software all day (fresh install this morning) and none of it has shown anything like this installer is :s

oh and yeah, i double checked i had Theme Resource Changer installed. It wasn't installed as a 3rd party to begin with so I have done now. Still no luck, it seems worse actually as the textures have dropped down to windows basic..

Big V
June 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM
to me it looks like your system is not fully patched bud to wear 3rd party themes check and make sure you are using the correct version of universal theme patcher their are 2 one for 32 bit systems and one for 64 bit
the 64 bit will have 3 patches and x86 will only have 2 patches inside it

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/29243-Universal-Theme-Patcher-1-5-silent-installer-x86-x64

sorry to be so long getting back to you ive been in and out part of the day

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
yeah i used the 64 bit and patched all 3 files.

rober8070
June 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
apologies, you were right. the files were changed back to default when i restored files through 7tsp. reinstalling/patching it all again now and going to see if i can get any further with it before i sack it

rober8070
June 30th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Okay so almost there. However, the task bar is still not showing up as it does on the themes page in the shop. I'm not sure if this is an incorrect setting at my end but as there is no in-depth installation guide I kind of expected this was a simple install and go ^_^

Thanks again, to you both, for all of the help so far.

x0xPhantomx0x
June 30th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Its SUPERB... Awesome..

gor17981
June 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Okay so almost there. However, the task bar is still not showing up as it does on the themes page in the shop. I'm not sure if this is an incorrect setting at my end but as there is no in-depth installation guide I kind of expected this was a simple install and go ^_^

Thanks again, to you both, for all of the help so far.

If you right click on the taskbar, select properties, then slect the taskbar buttons drop down menu, change that to , Always combine, hide labels. That will fix your problem :)

rober8070
June 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM
wicked, thats it sorted now :D legends, both of you :D

now i just need to find the software some people are using for a mac style bar along the top ^_^

thanks again

gor17981
June 30th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Glad too hear you got it fixed :)

jeus123
July 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
awesome Thankx

aaghjws
July 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Amazing theme, congrats, i love it ;)

D3X
July 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yet again Mr Grim steps up to the home plate nothing less than a home run
Thankyou:glug:If we ever x paths my shout

djicecold2001
July 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Mr GRiM your are one of the best theme maker i the world! just love your themes!

INSIDE
July 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM
mt bom otimo trabalho

English = mt good great job

Please Post In English Or Provide Translation

Thanks

-=VC Staff=-

AFM
July 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM
nice job

prettor
July 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I like your work a lot, really nice:Smile:

tawdarky
July 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Beautiful Theme

vukasin81
July 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Really Good Theme!Nice

Stargrover
July 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
wow looks great great job

MongerVog
July 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Just paid for this and already disappointed.
Ive tried everything and your installer crashes............

MongerVog
July 18th, 2012, 07:43 AM
A really kick butt addon for this would be a rocketdock theme to match :D

draggon_9
July 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Fantastic theme, me like. Thanks.

Stargrover
July 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
wow another great theme!!!!! :money: it looks fantastic and many hard work !!!!

Koda
July 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Mr. GRiM thank you so much for another amazing theme, thank you for giving us so much i wish that i knew how to do half of this i have so many ideas but never the less thank you :D

Krunkscooters
August 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Can you provide a download link for the start orb separately? It is one of the coolest start orbs ever! I love the theme, by the way.

Swirlman1
August 5th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Just paid for this and already disappointed.
Ive tried everything and your installer crashes............
1st I assume you have Theme Resource Changer and Universal theme patcher installed.
2nd If the installer doesn't work make sure you're using the right one. (exe. 64-bit or 84-bit)
3rd Open the .zip folder and extract the files to "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes" then just try opening the theme and see if that doesn't work.

Swirlman1
August 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Can you provide a download link for the start orb separately? It is one of the coolest start orbs ever! I love the theme, by the way.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p2dijcu4ww50a9i (http://www.mediafire.com/?p2dijcu4ww50a9i)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hdacia12acnt14
http://www.mediafire.com/?p2dijcu4ww50a9i
Here are the links to the .png images.

All work is given credit to MR. GRiM

Swirlman1
August 5th, 2012, 05:33 AM
A really kick butt addon for this would be a rocketdock theme to match :D

I am the All Mighty Dragon Shenron.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h7cre0e26a3dhgw
Your wish has been granted.

Krunkscooters
August 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Can you make them .bmp files?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
August 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Can you make them .bmp files?
you can add this png files to adobe photoshop application and save it as bmp
or visit this site
http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/ (http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/)
http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/

Krunkscooters
August 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Sweet, thanks. BTW, your themes rock.

IceBabee
August 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Awesome job on this one and Hud Launch! Just love your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :givahand::no1:

spitfirefrenzy
August 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
hi great theme grim,
i bought and installed it a few weeks ago and things have been fine since then. today all of the sudden the theme broke. the computer has a grey windows xp theme going on when ever i apply the theme. I know someone else has had this problem but i cant find it on the site again. which so many different threads for all the different color versions of this theme and the fact that compliments, thank yous and regular conversation is mixed in with the support requests it seems impossible to find. ive been looking for an hour and a half. so i apologize if this is a duplicate post.

the details:
im on windows 7 64bit and have installed the universal theme patcher.
i restored the extras with the 7tsp restore feature and then wiped the temp files. i then reinstalled the extras and icons.
i also ran the install program again to try and fix the problem but it just crashes and doesn't finish the reinstall.

HELP!
thanks in advance,
Joe

Mr GRiM
August 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
hi great theme grim,
i bought and installed it a few weeks ago and things have been fine since then. today all of the sudden the theme broke. the computer has a grey windows xp theme going on when ever i apply the theme. I know someone else has had this problem but i cant find it on the site again. which so many different threads for all the different color versions of this theme and the fact that compliments, thank yous and regular conversation is mixed in with the support requests it seems impossible to find. ive been looking for an hour and a half. so i apologize if this is a duplicate post.

the details:
im on windows 7 64bit and have installed the universal theme patcher.
i restored the extras with the 7tsp restore feature and then wiped the temp files. i then reinstalled the extras and icons.
i also ran the install program again to try and fix the problem but it just crashes and doesn't finish the reinstall.

HELP!
thanks in advance,
Joe

After you restored all the files using 7tsp did you run Universal Theme Patcher again and confirm that all 3 files have been patched?

I noticed that after SP1 that 7tsp will not patch all 3 of them any longer and you still have to Run Universal Theme Patcher again to patch all 3 of them.

spitfirefrenzy
August 22nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
awesome! thanks for the timely response Grimm! you were right some how I became "unpatched" and needed to repatch my system. how did that happen? a windows auto-update?

there really should be a link in all the HUD themes for a common problems thread. If you want to link to it ill dig through all the threads and compile all the issues that were solved in the forums for you.

Joe

Ekleipsis
August 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Killer skin!

The Black Page
August 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
The quality of your work numbs me grim fairdinkum mate lol

Thunder
August 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Really nice theme! Great Work! :)

ShadowMan73
September 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
love this theme so much I bought all 3 =) Great work on the theme ... it rocks

UnTold
October 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
This is probably one of the best themes i have ever seen for windows 7. I don't no how anybody could create a theme like this. Thanks Mr Grim

spiktsu
October 13th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Very cool! When will you make the blue version? ;) & perhaps in the future Mr.Grim you a purple version of you hud themes wouldnt be a bad idea ^_^ thanx for all your hard work!

Big V
October 13th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Very cool! When will you make the blue version? ;) & perhaps in the future Mr.Grim you a purple version of you hud themes wouldnt be a bad idea ^_^ thanx for all your hard work!
The blue version was released before the red bud have a look here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37830-HUD-Evolution-Premium-Windows-7-Theme

gr4f1xJuNki3
October 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hey Grim. Got an issue here. The back/forward buttons in the explorer windows are stock windows (blue circle/white arrow) instead of the nice red ones you made...?:unhappy:

Also, IIRC you said you were working on green and purple (hopefully deep manly purple) versions. Any eta on those..? Thanks!:Smile:

Big V
October 13th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hey Grim. Got an issue here. The back/forward buttons in the explorer windows are stock windows (blue circle/white arrow) instead of the nice red ones you made...?:unhappy:

Also, IIRC you said you were working on green and purple (hopefully deep manly purple) versions. Any eta on those..? Thanks!:Smile:

Make sure you have theme resource changer installed
Also check and make sure the folder got installed in theme folder, Open c/windows/resources/themes/apocalypse theme/explorerframe.dll and make sure the images are present
If needed you can use 7z to manually extract everything from the installer to a file folder and manually copy and paste the needed files from it to the location above

Virtu
October 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM

In 'Folder Options,' ensure that the 'Launch folder windows in a separate process' is un-ticked (disabled.)'

Restart Explorer and you're done. ;)

gr4f1xJuNki3
October 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the help guys, but it's not working unfortunately... I reinstalled Theme Resource Changer and tried Virtu's suggestion and no go.... I bought Grim's 3 pack and installed them on three separate comps and NONE of the three versions display the buttons properly and I just noticed that HUD Evo on my one comp, the "reactor" button (for shut down) is broken. i.e. not displaying properly like on Apoc and the other (yellow) one. It's off center... Thanks for all the help so far...