PDA

View Full Version : How To Prevent Theme Change from Activating Windows Sounds

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Not sure where to post this. I prefer to have Window sounds turned off. I have several themes from this forum and rotate them frequently. Each time I change the theme the sounds get turned back on and I am always having to go into the Windows Sounds dialogue to turn them off. Is there something I can do so that changing themes will not turn the sounds on?

thank you.

CrazySouthernBoy
March 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
You can just open the Mixer & mute the system sounds.

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
You can just open the Mixer & mute the system sounds.Thnx - I am seeking a solution that is theme-specific and not global. I apologize for not being more explicit, as I would want to keep the option to assign specific sound themes to specific Windows Themes available in the future. This then begs the question : Can i assign specific sound themes to specific Windows themes?

8pecxstudios
March 11th, 2012, 09:15 PM
hi bud just rename the sound folder inside the theme directory eg. c:\Windows\Resources\Themes
add .bak to the name of the folder so when you want to use the sounds you just remove the .bak from the file name ok

hope that helps:Smile:

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
hi bud just rename the sound folder inside the theme directory eg. c:\Windows\Resources\Themes
add .bak to the name of the folder so when you want to use the sounds you just remove the .bak from the file name ok

hope that helps:Smile:Hi - none of the custom themes have a sound folder.

8pecxstudios
March 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hi - none of the custom themes have a sound folder.

most themes will have a folder call sounds or sound scheme some don't have sounds ok here is an image for reference ok

Letícia®
March 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hi - none of the custom themes have a sound folder.

what is the name of the theme you do not want that have sound?

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 09:58 PM
No 'sound' folder in these two, but when I activate the theme :

Midnight Glass : Windows Default
Midnight : Tinker

Big V
March 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM
You can also save the theme setting in personalization. once you have the theme personalized to your taste just click the active theme and resave it I normally just add a number to the theme name at the end. this works for sounds, cursors and backgrounds
I'm not big on a lot of extremely noisie themes. You can also save sound schemes in the advance sound option also to be used with other themes. just click save, name it whatever. change your theme then go back to the sounds and apply the scheme you just saved. same process with saving cursors also

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Additionally (should I start a new topic?) - every time I change themes, my screen saver is disabled. I would like it to remain enabled.

Big V
March 11th, 2012, 10:21 PM
then once you have it enable click the theme in personalization menu at top and resave it like in my previous post for the sounds and cursors

MourningStar
March 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Thnx Big V! That solved the sound AND screen-saver issues. Sorry for being such a computer-dummy folks.

bachbeet
March 12th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Some themes use the windows default sounds. For those themes the fix is to edit the actual theme file. Open in notepad and you could delete that section referring to sounds.