PDA

View Full Version : Drop list and misc color issues

Lance
March 18th, 2012, 02:05 AM
I absolutely love the HUD Evolution Theme!! I have some color issues with a couple of software's' that I need some assistance with. I will use my Quick books as my example. After applying theme, when using drop down lists, the drop down background and text are both white. How can I or where can I modify or tweak these in the theme? I have a couple other programs that have some colors issues as well, but it appears to be a situation that if I can fix one it may fix them all?

Letícia®
March 18th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I absolutely love the HUD Evolution Theme!! I have some color issues with a couple of software's' that I need some assistance with. I will use my Quick books as my example. After applying theme, when using drop down lists, the drop down background and text are both white. How can I or where can I modify or tweak these in the theme? I have a couple other programs that have some colors issues as well, but it appears to be a situation that if I can fix one it may fix them all?

could you take a screenshot? / / so I can see what the problem is

CrazySouthernBoy
March 18th, 2012, 04:16 AM
He talking about a drop box like when you click File on FireFox how it brings the Bow up with the List of stuff.

Lance
March 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
OK, lets see if this works...

CrazySouthernBoy
March 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Try Changing the theme for FireFox.

Lance
March 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Everything in Firefox is working perfectly, only a few other softwares. Seems it is only some menus, drop downs and fonts ...
Would FF effect Quickbooks?

Letícia®
March 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Everything in Firefox is working perfectly, only a few other softwares. Seems it is only some menus, drop downs and fonts ...

for what I am seeing you are using the theme "the first HUD" not the "Evolution HUD" / / if I'm correct you will need the program "Win7 StyleBuilder" to change the text color / / if you already have the program try this........ "Fonts,Colors & System Metrics / Fonts & System Metrics / GRAYTEXT:COLOR" put a darker color

CrazySouthernBoy
March 18th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Yeah Sorry I thought you was FireFox in that Picture. You can try to change the Window Text Color Buy going to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance & Clicking on Advanced Appearance Settings... Then Where it said Item Make sure its on Window & Then Change Color 1 To black or what ever color & Color 2 is the Text color.

Lance
March 18th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yes in the screen shot I changed over to the original Hud Topshell to see if it did it also and it does. In Evolution the other thing that I noticed is that a blank page in MS Word 2007 and Wordpad the background of document is grey instead of white. Would the location in Stylebuilder be the same for Evolution?

Lance
March 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Ok, Thanks to CrazySouthernBoy, That fixed the MS Word and Wordpad, However, the drop lists are still white on white...:sigh:

Lance
March 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
It escapes me....I have searched to no avail....:unhappy:

Mr GRiM
March 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
In the same location that CSB mentioned, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance & Clicking on Advanced Appearance Settings, try changing the menu text colour, if not just have a look at the other items in the drop down and search for any other white font colours and try changing those also, if that does not work then maybe it would be best to switch to default aero theme while using quickbooks

Lance
March 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Tried menu text color the other day, that fixed the black on black that I had in search box of windows explorer, tried every other available text item to no avail. It appears that Quickbooks just does its own thing!! I guess I can leave Evolution for a few minutes for booking without withdrawls....Aero option while doing my books will have to do!! Thanks for the help. And super thanks to MR.Grim for the awesome HUD Evolution!