PDA

View Full Version : Panel issue

AnUfFsTuFf
March 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
this panel is the only one like this...how would i go about correcting this? thanks tons!!
Christian

XXXxxxXXX
March 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
What theme are you using? I think you use theme resource changer? Are the explorer windows started in a separate process? If yes, you have to turn that off, because it causes problems with theme resource changer.

Big V
March 29th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Depend on what theme you are using some of the older themes you have to manually edit the shell32.dll and add those image manually in to the shell32.dll

(CHEAT for older themes created before theme resource changer available)
Check the the folder that contains your theme in C:/windows/resources/themes/? (whatever theme you are using name) and see if it contains a folder named shell32.dll and has those image in it. In png format

If it does not have that folder in there and you have theme resource changer installed
Create a folder inside the theme file folder name it shell32.dll and place the images you want to use in the folder in png format
Make sure that you have the images named to the correct image number also (you can open most the newer themes and look at what numbers you need)
Next go to your personalization menu and select a different theme then switch back to the theme you just added the folder to
you should see the sidepanel image now

This also works for explorer frame images and start orbs just make the correct folder for each file grouping

AnUfFsTuFf
March 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
ok...some how the file became corrupt? reinstalled theme and worked....why didn't i do that the first time..duh...dont know...thanks for all the help!! the theme is Green Razer...thanks again guys