PDA

View Full Version : what would be the next theme? Interface?

alienfear
April 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Good Day VC and Mr. Grim,

I salute for those who are very creative admin, staff and the members here in virtual customs that "Make my Desktop Into Life!"
The HUD Theme hit my desktop more power, it's like a system running my brain everyday, without my keyboard to press and LCD LED into
my face to see...

I check my internet connections in speedtest.net everytime when comes to slow..
I realize that, what if this could be the theme that i'm looking for?! am I?..how about the others?

Hoping that this advanced theme Interface could much more power to my desktop soon.

Dark Knight
April 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I check my internet connections in speedtest.net everytime when comes to slow..
I realize that, what if this could be the theme that i'm looking for?! am I?..how about the others?

Hoping that this advanced theme Interface could much more power to my desktop soon.

Alienfear, if I understand you correctly and please correct me if I am wrong, you are asking if it is your desktop theme that is causing you internet speed troubles and to that I would say never, absolutely not.
What you need to check to MAYBE improve your speed a little is to check and see hown many programs you have running in the background (msconfig) and see how many of them "phone home" this could affect your internet connection a little. I hate it when I see those that are running tons of apps down in their system tray, then they say that their systems are sluggish, well I wonder why? The less you have running in your system tray the happier your system will be. Now I AM NOT telling you to stop running everything that runs in your tray because there are some things listed in your msconfig startup list that your computer needs to run, so dont just go and uncheck everything on that list.

Check wires from your system to your modem, if your internet service provider has provided your modem and it has some age to it , they may need to replace it, I would call them and have them run a test on it to see, this has happend to me in the past.
I don't know if you are connected to a router or not but you may want to check there also, a poorly configured router can cause alot of trouble as far as internet speed goes if not configured properly.

But at the end of the day if all your equipment is good then it is just your internet service provider, like you I myself am on DSL and there are days when the connection is good and I can fly, then there are days when my connection is poor and my connection is slow. It's just a fact of life with DSL, but look at it this way ...... at least your not on dialup! :Fright:

Your desktop theme is just that...... a desktop theme. It will not and should not ever use any of your internet connection, if it does..... then first, you did not download it at Virtual Customs and second I would uninstall it right away and start scanning your system with a good antivirus, something other than what is on your system because obviously whatever you have installed did not catch the nasty :itch:

alienfear
April 16th, 2012, 05:08 AM
thanks mate but the screenshot that i posted is just a sample, simple and light..just like a full glass7...not the theme can slow my connection, i'm using a DSL, sometimes i check the speedtest...i realized, what if somebody can create a theme just like a i posted..