PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu

Dark Knight
May 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know of any threads or tutorials that concentrate soley on the start menu?

When it comes to theme building personally it is this I always have the most trouble with, no matter how I size and slice the graphic of the menu itself when I import the images into WSB I can never get the right side of the menu to line up with the left side properly and it is getting pretty frustrating here, I was up pretty late last night just working on getting this start menu to look right and it still does not look right.

:anger:

I am not asking for anyone to do this for me, just some advice or to point me in the right direction to a good tutorial so I can learn to do this myself ...... with the minimum of ease.

Thanks!

gor17981
May 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
If you would like to post a pic i would be happy to help bud :)

Dark Knight
May 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks Gor, the image is below, I have taken one of Harvey's start menus that he is offered up and am incorporating it into a theme I am re building.

As you can see from where I have placed the arrows you can see the mismatch in alignment, you can see the left side of the menu is all aligned but the right side is not, I always have problems working on this side of the menu to make it look right. I have tried resizing the images but if I go too small the right side will not display at all, if I go too big WSB give me an error in the msstyle file?

Is there a standard size for a Windows 7 start menu?

I "x'd" out the orbs at the bottom right because they are going to be removed and replaced.

My apologies to the ladies :ashamed: but I am working on a very tastefull adult theme for a friend because there are really no good ones to be found.

nofx1994
May 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
yeah start menus can be quite tricky depending on how technical they are and trust me sometimes i test parts in start menus for days to get it to work right but one thing to concentrate on is margins of your images

gor17981
May 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Agree 100% with Nofx, start menu's can be a pain in the rear end at times. Anyway i just sent you a PM :)

Dark Knight
May 5th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Just sent you one back.