PDA

View Full Version : Help with Icons/Hud Evolution

Civilian3D
May 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hi,

Hope I can get some help with the HUD Evolution icons. I installed the Hud Evolution Theme, and the extras through 7tsp, but I see the default (crappy) windows folder icon in the start bar when I launch a user folder. I posted a pic. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get the HUD folder icons to show up there as well as in the folders. I did DL the HUD Evolution Icon pack, so I have the icons.

Hope all this makes sense. Thanks,

jkd
May 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Here use this program easiest way.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/32861-W7-Superbar-Icon-Changer-by-Maksl5

8pecxstudios
May 5th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Have You Tried Unpinning The explorer folder and putting a new one there.

Civilian3D
May 5th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Tried both and it doesn't seem to work. The folder is not pinned, it's just being launched from the start menu. If I pin it / unpin, it will show up as a hud icon. Then when I close the folder and reopen, it goes back to the windows folder icon. It's strange, because if I right click/properties on one of the user folders from the start menu, it shows the hud Icon. It's just when I click to open, the windows Icon shows in the bar. It's like every time it gets refreshed. I had the old red/blue hud themes, never had this issue.

Thanks

Big V
May 6th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Try clearing your icon cache http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/34968-Clearing-Windows-Icon-Caches?highlight=icon+cache

Civilian3D
May 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Tried clearing the cache, no luck. Was so hopeful though, thought that would work. Should I run the icon pack through 7tsp again, or maybe install HUD again?

Thanks

Letícia®
May 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Tried clearing the cache, no luck. Was so hopeful though, thought that would work. Should I run the icon pack through 7tsp again, or maybe install HUD again?

Thanks

Try this .... open the 7tsp remove the package, restore the original icons of the windows, and install again the HUD icons

Big V
May 6th, 2012, 12:42 AM
i can try walking you threw doing it manually in the taskbar
open explorer so the icon is on the task bar next right click the icon so it opens the context window then right click windows explorer in contest menu and select properties. under the short cut tab their should be an option to change icon

Civilian3D
May 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Got it to work, thanks everyone. Just reloaded the HUD Extras pack with 7tsp and it all works now. Not sure what happened the first go around...oh well.

VC-ELITE
September 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
This worked!

sabdahora
March 21st, 2014, 07:35 PM
Thank you ^^